Prologue (part 1)
95 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An oldster and his apprentices.

On a sunny day, the streets of a small town were lively, as a festival was being held in honor of the local god, Scoa Yonicraec.

A young man in his twenties was walking down the main street of the town while looking at the posters that were being hung by the townspeople.

"Ah, I don't know what to do."

Boring.

If you had to choose a word to define Jun's life, "boring" would fit perfectly, as he is an invincible young genius who lives in a poor town far from the world.

'Ah, this town is boring as hell, nobody knows how to do anything on their own and yet they act so carelessly celebrating a god that they haven't seen and that never helped them with anything... it's pathetic.'

While he was lost in his thoughts of contempt towards people, the young man heard a voice calling him from behind.

"Hello, Jun! What brings you here?"

Hearing a voice, Jun made a face that showed his contempt for listening to it. When he turned around, Jun could see a lady who was sweeping the entrance to her store.

"Nothing that you need to know."

"You're always like this, why don't you try to be a little more positive, or less despicable, from time to time? It can be better for you, you would lengthen your life."

"Hey, old hag, shut up and leave me alone."

As he said this, Jun grabbed and swung the sword that he carried around his waist. The small wind generated by his movement made his robe flutter and, ironically, it looked like a heroic pose.

"Yes, Yes."

The lady raised her hands and then walked away from him, noticing his hostility.

'Ah, what a bother, that old hag trying to meddle in other people's business, there is no one in this ghost town worth of anything.'

Jun kept going until he gave up on finding something interesting in the town.

"I guess I'll go meditate."

Being the festival as boring as it was, the only option left for Jun was to go to the forest alone to train.

He had long ago stopped doing it, since he was not able to raise his level higher than it already was, however, he could not find anything else to do, so his training stoppage didn't last really long.

'Handling the chaos magic was surprisingly easy, in the town nobody understood it, how is it possible that they even live in the realm of chaos if they cannot control that magic, what a disappointment.'

While walking, Jun played with the chaos he had perfected and thought about how lucky he was that no one spoke to him, until he finally reached the forest on the outskirts of town.

Once he entered, Jun only had to reach his usual place to train and meditate, an area in the center of the forest that, curiously, had nothing but a large tree and a small lake.

When he was getting closer, Jun felt an incredible pressure coming from that place, something he had never felt since the very day he became aware of its existence.

Upon arrival, he could see a strange old man standing in front of the large tree that characterized this small “sacred” place, as Jun had called it.

This old man was stooped and had no hair on his head, an incredible amount of power and presence could be noticed seeing his body and posture and almost imperceptible bursts of chaos magic emanated from his body with a red color so pure that it was difficult to believe they really existed.

No one would be able to help it, if they were close, a completely unfathomable danger and pressure would swallow them.

"Hey, hey, who are you? There is no one that strong in this town."

"You are bored, right?"

"Hm?"

Surprised by the question, Jun made a confused face, how could this old man know how he was feeling?

“You think the people of the town are stupid and boring, right? I understand you, after all, it's the same for me... "

"I asked you a question, oldster."

"Who I am?"

The old man made a gesture, as if he was thinking of a logical answer.

"Well, nobody and, at the same time, everything... I guess."

When he finished speaking, the old man made a V sign with his index and middle fingers towards Jun, who was looking at him in disgust, and stuck out his tongue as if he was satisfied with his response.

"Young man, do you want to get out of here? Do you want to improve?"

"Improve? Are you nuts? I'm invincible and you are a crazy old man."

"Oh, so it is going to be like that, well, it can't be helped."

The old man lowered his head and began to babble, as if he was thinking out loud.

"I guess it's normal, we are alike, ah, I should teach him a lesson."

"What did you just say?"

The old man looked up and spoke in a calm voice.

"Kup, Xana, make this silly genius regret his words."

To Jun's surprise, a boy and a girl appeared out of nowhere and tried to ambush him. The boy carried a bow and tried to destabilize him using arrows while the girl, who carried two short swords, quickly approached him and attacked relentlessly.

"Now this really is annoying, there are people who don't know their place, right?"

In a dismissive tone, Jun spoke as if he had two insects flitting around him.

"Hm?"

However, the attacking pair nonchalantly tried to corner him using teamwork, several arrows were shot towards Jun, his head, his legs, his heart, and even if it was not a problem to dodge them, the girl kept throwing his swords near him, at the end, dodging both at the same time became annoying for Jun.

"I'll finish this so i can interrogate that old man."

Jun stepped away from the girl, grabbed his sword from his waist and, at the same time, he adopted a defensive pose.

"Now, Xana!"

The boy with the bow yelled at the girl to prepare their last attack, the attack that could defeat Jun, and began to shoot several arrows at once, while the girl approached him from behind the arrows, as if they were attacking in waves.

Jun remained calm while all this was happening, because he had a plan.

He began to use chaos magic to imbue his sword, which began to glow with crimson light.

"This is the furthest you'll get to come, flies."

Jun took a step forward, in the direction of the girl who was running after the arrows, then formed a horizontal arc with his sword. A vertical arc, a diagonal arc, a rapid succession of cuts made with the sword left a red mark in the air, as if it had been torn.

At that moment, Xana was surprised by a movement that she did not understand, however, she stayed behind the arrows to complete the attack...

"You're done!"

Xana screamed, thinking that her victory was certain because her enemy wasn't moving, as if he had given up.

Silence.

 
2