Chapter 1
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waiteus.

The trio of future travelers, Jun, Xana and Kup, were meditating at the shore of the lake, Xana and Kup were together and Jun was a little further away.

The old man approached them, yawning, as if he had just woken up from a nap, and spoke directly to Jun.

"There is something you must learn before you start your journey."

After approaching them, the oldster began to talk to Jun about an art used in warfare, an art specialized by the Reptaros using air magic and their expertise in the handling of different weapons, such as the swords or axes. This art was called Arkimum, it was named after the first general of the Reptaros who used this new technique in the war against the Uhmnis, a war that occurred during one of the many conquest campaigns carried out by the latter race, the one that serves Quetpalze, son of the God of flames.

"The Arkimum is a special type of technique, before you learn it you must have extreme knowledge about the weapons you are going to use, in addition to controlling the aire magic a little bit."

Scoa was trying to teach the basics of Arkimum to his three disciples, but especially to Jun, since he seemed very focused on him learning it.

It was obvious by the look on his face how smug he was about teaching, as if he were dealing with children.

"Hey, hey, I have a feeling you're taking this game of being a teacher very seriously, man, and I don't think I've accepted it."

Jun himself looked irritated with the god's attitude, as he had never sought to learn anything from him.

"I only accepted the magic of gravity because I couldn't have learned it here, but now that I accepted your mission I can learn about the Arkimum when I finish with the Reptaros, right?"

"Hey freak, speak with more respect to the master, he's trying to help you."

"Oh, there must be a problem here, since I don't recall allowing the flies to speak."

"Hush, both of you."

The old god seemed irritated because of the argument Jun and Xana were having, so he expelled some of his chaos energy to intimidate them into shutting up, which worked.

"Anyway, first, you must not 'finish' the Réptaros, just conquer them, who will be your slaves if you eliminate them?"

The harshness with which he spoke of the other races demonstrated the belief of the god himself that he was above them and that it did not matter what happened to them.

"Second, if you don't learn the basics of the Arkimum, you won't even be able to reach the Reptaros, do you think that killing a race is easy?"

Jun did not understand the sudden anger of the old man, for he did not believe that the other races were something to really take into account.

"Man, speak clearly, what do you mean?"

The god put his hands to his temples, as if he had to strain to think something.

"Well, you are a fool if you still haven't understood it, boy, let me think... how do I explain it to a dumb, arrogant child..."

Scoa seemed very annoyed with Jun's know-it-all attitude, as if he was in the presence of a frog that has lived in a well his entire life.*(1)

"Not all races have the same power, come on, every story unfolds in a staggered way, right?"

Jun's face contorted, as if it was impossible for him to understand what the god meant by "story."

"Ah, well, the point is that you have to follow an order of actions and places, due to the power of the races, you cannot randomly choose which race you're going to annihilate first, the races of the wind and the races of the fire are stronger than the races of the water and the ones of the earth."

'This old man must be kidding me, just what kind of task is this? I should have let him kill me.'

While Jun seemed lost and sighed due to his contempt for the situation he had just accepted, Kup tried to speak with him to make him see reason.

"Hey Jun, um, I think you should listen to the old man, we weren't able to learn Arkimum properly, I use a bow and Xana still has to master her swords, we will need that power, please."

Seeing the young archer, Jun felt annoyed, as he could not stand people weaker than him, however, there was something that the young man had that made Jun want to push himself a little harder.

"Agh, I understand, I will, just go, leave me alone, fly."

"Seriously? Thanks Jun!"

After hearing his confirmation, Kup glanced at the old god, as if prompting him to speak.

Then, Scoa acted corresponding to his apprentice.

"Ahem, well then. it's settled, you will learn arkimum, child."

"I ain't no child, you decrepit old man, I will murder you if you keep saying it."

"Yes, yes, whatever you say."

This is how their last training session before starting the mission started.

-

Waiteus. (2)

Night fell and Jun kept training in the little hiding place inside the forest, the little hiding place where he met the God of Chaos with the appearance of an old man.

'Ah... the air magic is a nuisance, how can the races that use it endure while practising, it is full of complicated movement patterns and strange shapes.'

While practicing the bases from the air magic, Jun managed to understand it's nature after a few hours, this magic was focused on the position of the body and it's movements and although this movements seemed strange at first, once they are assimilated, they become part of one's normality, ceasing to be something that one thinks about when using magic and becoming natural for those who practiced them, thus achieving a better use of the magic.

'Since I already adapted to the movements, I wonder what will happen if I try and infuse my chaos magic in my body.'

While he was thinking this, Jun instinctively began to infuse his body with chaos while performing the respective movements of air magic.

Jun began to feel the air magic speed boost merging with the chaos magic strenght boost in the aura he was creating and began to move, as he noticed a major change in his physical ability that he wanted to try.

'This really boosts speed, reaction and makes me lighter, I should also be able to infuse my weapon, I have to try.'

The sword that the young man had began to expire a crimson color, albeit degraded due to the white of the wind magic. Along with this aura, Jun managed to feel the sword becoming lighter, to a point where it seemed as if he had nothing in his hand.

Slicing with the sword became just another part of Jun's movements, as if it were a natural part of him.

'This feels strange.'

While Jun felt that he did not have the sword in hand, he knew that it wasn't like that, he knew the swrod was still in his hand.

For some reason he had a need to infuse it with more of his boost magic.

After pouring more power into it, the sword started to float away from Jun, who had a confused face.

'Hm?'

Jun could not understand what was happening, the sword that moved in the air acted according to his thoughts.

After a few seconds, the young man understood how it worked and began to use the flying sword in his movements. It was only then that the oldster, who had been sleeping until a moment ago, approached Jun to tell him something.

"Congratulations, you have learned to use Arkimum, however, there is something you still need."

Jun had both a surprised face due to the affirmation of the old man and the doubt growing in his mind regarding what was it that he was missing , if he had already learned the basics of the Arkimum, what else could he lack?

"You need a quality weapon that supports your current power and the one to come."

"And what weapon is that?"

Then, a smile escaped the old man.

"Waiteus."

-

*(1) There is a saying that tells how a toad that has lived in a well only knows the world from it's position and believes itself to be the largest of animals, invincible, until one day it decides to get out of the well and realises the truth, a toad that lives in a well does not know the vastness of the world.

1