CHAPTER 11 – EXPLOSION
131 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I need to find an open area to test my Fire-coat. Don’t want to burn anyone here by accident, the Treant named Oberon thought. He scouted the area using his roots. Finding a suitable area, a small opening between the trees, he prepared himself to cast the spell.

 

Fire coat!

 

The fire enveloped him. He could feel the heat, but it wasn’t overbearing. It was pleasant, like a sunny summer's day. The aura-like fire covering him was small. I think I can do better than this.

 

He concentrated on the fire itself. How it was coming out of his body. The crackling sounds it was making. How it connected inside his core. It’s not just a simple fire, is it? It's an extension of my body. It is me; he thought as a smile formed on his wooden lips.

 

In this single moment that he realized this fact, Oberon felt happy. True happiness, something he was devoid of since Agatha’s death.

 

He looked up, seeing the rising sun.

 

“This is how you feel every day? I think I can grow used to it,” he laughed, “now lets up this game!”

 

Concentrating, he connected again to his fire. He didn’t even need to activate his Fire-Shaping skill to manipulate the fire. It was natural for the Treant.

 

The fire aura grew, getting hotter and hotter with every passing second. It was thrilling, but it was also tiresome. Every time the fire grew, he felt himself becoming weaker. It was ten times bigger than before when he finally stopped.

 

As he sat down to catch a breath, he began to think. I can greatly increase its strength doing this, but it doesn’t last very long, does it? It also makes me very vulnerable after using it. I can’t rely on this, he pondered.

 

Now let’s try doing another thing. He used his Fire-Shaping skill to modify the fire. Last time I did this, I created the Fire Coat spell. Oberon tried to create the shape of the swords the soldiers he had fought were using, but the fire became fickle, weak. This won’t work, I can’t make fire become solid, he thought for a moment, or can I?

 

Oberon gathered all the fire in his body into a single point in his hand. He tried to make it smaller, more concentrated. Dense. The result was something that looked like a small sun.

 

Incredible. That was his thoughts before the ball exploded on his face.

 

HP 130/200

 

The explosion sent him flying.

 

Ok, no more playing with fire, he thought, as he got himself up. His mossy beard smelled of burnt hair.

He opened his skills tab after doing a quick recovery.

Skills and Spells

 

False Shift

While the Treant remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from a normal tree

 

Tree Talk (Racial skill)

Treats have a natural capability to speak to and understand normal trees, if they feel like talking

 

Rooted Down (Racial skill)

While in a rooted state, Treants can feel the earth, noticing events happening a great distance away.

 

Burning Hands

Basic fire spell that coats the caster hands in fire. Only harmful for other entities

 

Fire-Shaping

Fire spell that allows the caster to create and shape fire at will

 

Fire Coat

By using your skill to shape all fire around, you created a coat of fire, dealing damage to every entity that comes close

 

Analyze

Kindled basic skill. Grants basic information about living beings or static objects

 

Nothing new, huh? I wonder what’s the requirements to create or learn a new spell like I did last time. There’s a certain trigger to it? I managed to create the Fire Coat while I was fighting. I need to test this in my next fight.

He didn’t need to wait very long.

The treant heard a rumbling noise coming out of the corner of the forest, and he turned to look.

 

Oberon saw a gigantic creature looking at him from the other side of the clearing, near the trees. It must have heard the explosion!

 

Analyze!

 

Adult Boarcupine

A territorial animal that has the appearance of a boar, but with quills resembling those of a porcupine

Level 4
Race Boarcupine
HP 280/280

 

“Hey buddy, let’s calm down. I’m sorry I disturbed you with that sound,” he spoke, trying to calm the beast, but the Boarcupine was having none of it.

 

The animal was snorting a white smoke while putting its great white tusks on the ground, preparing to attack.

 

Oberon activated his fire fists.

 

The Boarcupine charged straight at him. It was fast.

 

The treant waited.

 

The beast was getting closer.

 

He could smell its stench. Almost there.

 

At the last second, Oberon did a sidestep and grabbed the creature with both hands and, using the beast's own momentum and all the strength he could muster, threw the Boarcupine on the ground. The beast didn’t waste any moment, growing its quills and making them pierce the Treant wooden body. Oberon retreated.

 

HP 70/200

 

I can’t get too close or those quills will be the end of me. I need to attack from a safe distance, but how?

 

The Boarcupine didn’t let him finish his thought as it charged again, almost body slamming the Treant.

 

Think, Oberon, think! He thought as he dodged another attack.

 

That’s it!

 

He began to make the same concentrated fire ball he had done earlier, but this time he didn’t hold it in his hands, blowing himself up, but instead, threw the ball at the Boarcupine as it was charging again to strike him.

 

He missed, the ball landed instead of hitting the beast, landed near it, exploding in the process. It seemed to have worked either way, as the blast startled the Boarcupine, making it tumble and fall as it was charging. Oberon used this opportunity to throw another explosive fireball at the fallen beast. He didn’t miss this time.

 

You’ve defeated an enemy with a higher level than you! +500 XP

XP - 1105/1000

 

Congratulations! You’ve leveled up!

XP to next level - 105/2000

"Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Lodegan the Not-so-Wise?

I thought not. It's not a story the Trending List would tell you. It's a Latest Updates legend. 

Darth Lodegan was a Dark Lord of the Latest Updates, so powerful and so unwise he could use the Author Notes to influence his readers to create more Ratings..."

(I'll continue this in the next chapter lol)

8