The Blacksmith
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On his way, jacob noticed several new faces, theyre probably novice warriors trying to hunt level to the tower of doom. He had also passed some few strong mages and wizard, lieasurely walking along the streets. He then continued walking until he reached the warriors community residence. It is located at the right side of more than a hundred steps from the tower of doom. He then asked some residents about the location of the blacksmith, and they gladly pointed it to him. Luckily, he had located it. It was a small hut, on it was mill and blacksmith table, there are lots of hammers and sample sword that are display on the hut. He then went in and voice out to see if there is someone around.

Jacob: Hello! anybody here?

voiced out by jacob, calling out the attention of the blacksmith if he is around. At the end of the small huts wall there is a hidden door, it then mysteriously opened up and there a young man appear. He is several taller than jacob. Jacobs height is at least five feet and eight inches tall but this young man is six feet taller guy, he has a red hair and a scar on his cheek.

Young man: How may i help you?

Jacob: im jacob, i asked about you from anna, she told me you are a blacksmith.

Young man: yes i am, im a blacksmith.

Jacob then hurriedly showed him something, it was an ore he gets from the snowy mountain, it was quite heavy and hard, he wanted to forge it into a sword but he cant, so he asked anna for some skilled black smith. The blacksmith then hold the ore.

Young man: Its heavy and hard, where did you get this ore.

Jacob: In the snowy mountaun, i ventured if for quite sometime and found this ore, i wonder if you can forge me a sword with it. I want it to be as thick as blade but not as thick as the broadsword. It should also be heavy and sharp. Are you able to forge me that kind of sword.

The young man inspected the ore first and then he asked jacob if he have another one. Jacob gladly gave him two ore, by the time he handed it, the young man nodded towards jacob.

Young man: It was my first time forging this ore, but based on its density, i guess i can forge you one. Please be sited, by the way my name is Henson Douglas.

Jacob: Nice to meet you henson.

The young blacksmith then started to reheat the oven near to the mysterious door. He then put some coal on the oven to increase the heat temperature. Jacob observed how the young man forged the two ore into a sword. After several minutes, the young man checked the temperature of the oven, then he took an iron pale and he inserted the two ores on it. He then inserted it to the hot oven. While waiting, jacob and henson talked for awhile. Jacob asked him for how long has he been doing his work.

Henson: Ive been doing it for years now, as you see, kingdom of atlantis warriors are in need of weapons.

Jacob: I see, so its been years now, and how did you met anna?

Henson: Anna is my older sister.

Jacob: What?

Upon hearing his words, jacob was quite shock, yet when you think of it, anna is a merchant, and she has almost every equipment in hands, plus when he asked for a blacksmith she immediately give him the location.

Jacob: Anna did never told me.

Henson: Well thats how she is, she wont tell you not until you ask.

Jacob become confident now that he knows who henson is, he is quite sure that henson will be able to forge him a good sword. However, he cannot still believe that little anna is already a teen ager. Several hours later the core melted down, henson then put it on the table and forged the melted stone into his wooden cared figure. He then let it solidify and right after it, he started hammerring the mold relentlessly. The sound of his hammer resounded around the hut, jacob feel at ease hearing the hammer sound. Several hours later after hammering, the mold turn into a sword, henson then let it be submerged on pale of water. Crisp sounded on it as it touched the cold water from the pale. Then smoke rises up from the sword.

Henson: We need to let it cool down for awhile.

Jacob: Thats fine.

The two of them then chat for an hour, jacob tell him of his story and how anna help him establishing business.

Henson: Your that jacob, anna keeps on telling me about you.

Jacob was glad to hear that anna shared him a story about who is. That day, henson and jacob become acquainted to each other.

Henson: So how do you think of my sister?

Jacob: ?

Henson: isnt she reliable?

Jacob: very reliable, she helps me a lot.

Henson nodded. Right after that, henson then started sharpening the new forged sword on his stone mill. Flickering sound from the sword and mill resounded around the hut. Jacob observed henson very well.

Jacob: No wonder he is the kingdoms blacksmith.

He is very satisfied on hensons work. After an hour of sharpening the sword, henson gets a molded handle and stuck it on the forged sword. He then send the sword in the oven one last time, and right after it he let it be submerged on the pale. After several minutes he picked it up and show it to jacob.

Henson: I never forged any sword like this, this might be one of my rare forge. Its similar to falchion but its not, its handle is made of a falchion but the blade is of a katana, it has a pointy sharp edge. Like what you requested I made it sure as thick as possible, sharp and heavy. Here take it.

Henson then passed the sword to jacob. Jacob weighs the sword and he could feel it, its several times heavier compared to the previous ore. Perhaps it is because it was compressed and was molded into a sword. Jacob then swings it in the air, and a sharp thin slashing of air resounded around them.

Jacob: Not bad.

Feeling the satisfaction of his work, henson cannot help himself but laugh while scratching his head. Seeing one of his forge be accepted by one of annas close friend, he felt very satisfied.

Jacob then gives henson 2 golds, and bids him farewell.

Henson: Feel free to visit me anytime.

Yelled by him to the waving jacob as they parted. That day jacob was able to get his new sword. It was already late in the afternoon when henson finished his work, thus jacob went back to his residence immediately, he has yet to do his daily chores. After an hour of stroll around the kingdom, jacob started doing his daily chore, like cleaning his backyard, watering his plants and preparing a bonfire. Jacob then enjoyed the rest of his day under the tree, beside with a bonfire gazing at the red orange blazing sky of the late afternoon.

2