Sunday: December 22nd
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I can't believe you could have FaceTimed me yesterday, and you didn't," Ethan whined.

"Oh, shut up," I said. He smiled at me, which caused me to smile back. "I was watching movies with my siblings. Plus, I can't talk to you all afternoon today."

"Why not?"

"Because we are going to my uncle's house to celebrate his birthday."

"Haven't you already seen your family for the past couple of days?"

"My family is close, and after this, we won't see them until closer to New Year."

"Really?" He asked.

"Christmas is spent with my mom's family, and New Year is spent with me babysitting my five demon cousins on my dad's side while the adults spend it kid-free."

"That sucks."

"Tell me about it," I groaned as I laid back on my bed. "But I make hella bank. A hundred bucks to make sure the demons don't kill each other for six hours."

He laughed, "You sound like you are doing it just for the money."

"You thought I was doing it out of the goodness of my heart? I'm a broke college student, I need all the money I can get, and my family knows that."

"You don't like your cousins, do you?"

"I do, but in small doses. It's hard to get along with your cousins when there are gaps in age between us."

"How far is the gap?"

"Well, my dad's side, it is five years until the next one and five years after that until the next one. After that, they all kinda line up after one another. On my mom's side, a cousin is a few months younger than me, but after that, it is a six-year gap. So it is kinda hard to bond."

"Dang."

I pulled my laptop onto my lap and opened it up to Pandora. Ethan was going to have to listen to my music, whether he liked it or not.

"There, she goes again. The girl I'm in love with. It's cool, we're just friends," Nick sang. One of my favorite Jonas Brothers songs.

"Are you trying to make fun of me?" Ethan asked.

"I love this song," I said before turning up the music louder and singing along. "Everyone knows it's meant to be. Falling in you, just you and me. 'Til the end of time. 'Til I'm on your mind. It'll happen. I've been making lots of plans, like a picket fence and a rose garden. I'll just keep dreaming. But it's cool 'cause we're just friends."

"You are on my mind but am I on yours?" Ethan teased.

"No, but Nick Jonas is."

"He is married."

"So? I never said I was going to marry him," I said. Ethan rolled his eyes at me. It wasn't my fault. Nick Jonas was practically perfect. "I said he was on my mind."

"Thinking about how. We're gonna say our vows. It's cool. We're just friends. As she walks down the aisle. I see all my friends smile. 'Cause now we're more than friends," I sang and danced along. I probably looked like a total idiot, but I was having a great time. "Everyone knows it's meant to be. Falling in love, just you and me. 'Til the end of time. 'Til I'm on your mind. It'll happen. We've been making lots of plans, like a picket fence and a rose garden. I'll just keep on dreaming. Keep on thinking. Of when we used to be just friends."

"Does that mean we are going to get married?" Ethan asked.

I laughed, "You haven't even made it to the boyfriend stage yet."

"One day I will," He said with a grin. Deep down, I know he would.

I was sitting in my uncle's car as we made our way to pick up pizza for dinner. I was on my phone texting one of my friends from high school. We were trying to figure out some time to get lunch and catch up on each other's lives.

"So this boy you are talking to," My uncle started saying.

I choked, "Not you too."

"Come on, Hailey. You know nothing is a secret with this family."

"Sadly."

"So tell me about him."

"You already know what I told everyone else."

"But I also know you are hiding more information."

"Well, it is all you are going to get right now," I said as I climbed out of the car. My uncle followed as we walked into the restaurant.

While we were waiting for our pizza, my phone kept vibrating. I pulled my phone out to see what was up. I had texts from my friend, my brother, and Liam. I decided to open the one from my brother first.

Ryan: Do you have the pizza yet?

Hailey: No

Ryan: Hurry up. I'm hungry.

I rolled my eyes before going to the next set of messages.

Liam: Hailey I need your help.

Hailey: With what?

Liam: I have a date tonight with an old friend and I don't know what to wear.

Hailey: What happened to the girl up at school? Why me?

Liam: She only went out with me because Elizabeth liked Ethan and please.

Hailey: Fine.

I shoved my phone into my hoodie pocket before grabbing the pizzas from the poor worker. When your family orders five large pizzas, it seemed like a lot for one person to carry. However, when you do it every time pizza is ordered, it gets easier.

"Was that your guy friend?" My uncle asked.

I laughed, "No, his best friend."

"Really?"

"He has a date tonight and needs my help picking his outfit."

"He does know you, right?" My uncle asked. I should take offense to that, but I just laughed as he drove back to his place.

Liam: One or two?

Hailey: Two.

Liam: You didn't hear this from me but Ethan has a video of you singing and dancing over facetime.

I rolled my eyes at the text, but I couldn't help from smiling. It made me happy, just knowing that he liked me for all my weirdness.

0