The 11º Floor
419 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If he had to describe this place in a sentence, it would be ' a world made of gears '.

As he teleported to the centre square of the 11º Floor, he could hear an indescribable sound.

Clityclack-Clityclack-Clityclack-Clityclack.

The distinctive sound of moving gears welcomed him.

He took a while to immerse himself in his own world if the sound wasn't preset he would close his ears with his hands so he could feel the vibrations with his body.

Of course, with a digital body that also was impossible.

Swallowing a sigh, he looked to the 'sky', and innumerable gears of various sizes welcomed him.

"Yes, I certainly deserve a pat in the back." He chuckled, looking at his work of 'art'.

There are gears of such colours it would seem bad to look at it but instead they are programmed to change colours at regular intervals depending on the hour.

Right now it's dark blue and purple so it's deep night.

'What was I thinking when I introduced such avant-garde design?' He thought not with doubt but with pride.

From spurs to helical gears small and big ones keep spinning and spinning in harmony and with such vibrant colours it gives a psychedelic art-feeling.

Not only that but the buildings below shining with shiny colours it gives a never-ending festive feeling.

The first people who reached the 11º Floor gave it a lot of compliments, enough that tears came out of his eyes.

Who was the idiot that designed such a crappy floor?. There was such a hard-headed person who could not express his feelings correctly.

MY EYES; MY EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. Such beauty blinded him, poor little one.

Can we report him for epileptic attack? ...

Was the creator of this floor a madhouse patient? At that moment he decided to afront reality and accept that his style was not accepted at all. In fact, people think he is bat-shit insane.

... At that moment he was one finger away from calling all the forces from the 12º and 13º Floor and curb stomp them to oblivion.

He shrugged in a mature way.

What was he thinking? I should not expect something like aesthetic sense from people whose world was literally a breath away from oblivion! He is better than this. He will be mature about this.

And he will maturely make them taste hell!

He personally manipulated the NPCs so they would face their counter and rejoice in their screams.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what's wrong? Come on, it's not that difficult, you should just adapt and overcome. Adapt and overcome. Cockroaches can do that, why you can't you useless piece of shit?!

He showed a dark smile under the visor, although the character kept a stoic expression.

He looked around, the city was like ancient London during the Industrial era but there were tons of bizarre buildings.

He thought about the theme of this floor.

If the 10º Floor was tricks and magical deception then this floor was adapt and overcome (things that his first 'visitors' didn't do).

If he had to compare the forces of the 10º Floor and the 11º Floor then the three Area Guardians of the 10º Floor are stronger than the strongest Area Guardian of the 11º Floor, but in this Floor the Area Guardians, weaker as in levels, they are specialists in their respective camps.

Therefore the adapt and overcome, the Floor Guardian analyse the patters of the intruders by making the fight mobs and send Area Guardians who have the advantage against them.

The NPC core program of the Floor Guardian was his masterpiece, except the Supreme Guardian of the Throne Room but she was special, she wasn't made like the others NPCs.

He walked through the city, there were automata and homunculus running around (he made them run around to create a sense of life) until he reached a tower, his objective is on the top.

He could use Fly to reach it faster but that would defeat the purpose so he wanted to walk through the stairs.

In the bottom of the tower, he saw the homunculus maid in charge of the floor.

She was a short woman with blue eyes and blue hair. Her maid uniform was a traditional one although the skirt only reached her knees. Her face was expressionless even when he passed her and bowed her head.

"Good job, Astarte" He complimented Astarte while passing by her side and started to climb to the top of the tower.

In the middle of the tower, he found an automaton. She deceptively had the appearance of a child in a nun's outfit but she was, in Makoto's opinion, the strongest Guardian of the 10º and 11º Floor. The reason for this is the equipment he had granted her and her fellows' Area Guardians.

PANDORA's System. Also, know as the 'Self-Evolution Program'. Just like its name implies, it allows oneself to grow in power through time and the absorption of other things. It can also repair broken systems and functions. Of course, it can't copy special skills or unique ones in the normal state but she was the exception of the rule.

She was a level 35 Area Guardian and defeat by defeat she evolved, reaching level 92. Even he, of all people, considered this a bug as the others didn't show this permanent boost in power.

But the developers confirmed that she would never surpass Level 100. Not that it matters as servers are going down.

She is Chaos, the Area Guardian of the Stairs of Heaven and the strongest Guardian of this floor, stronger than the Floor Guardian he is about to see.

After passing Chaos, Makoto continued to climb until he reached the top and he saw her.

She has very pale skin, long, messy dark violet hair and red eyes. She is also really slim and short with a grey robe covering her body. Although the first impression of her is a shy human, once you see her expressionless eyes, her hair's metal orbal equipment (She could hide it if she puts the hood on) or her mechanical tail (that's uncoverable), you would recognise her as an automaton.

She sat in a chair on the balcony, looking at the city below her with a blank expression on her face, such breath-taking sight that cannot be described was in front of him.

From his Inventory, he pulls out a hair comb and walked towards her, grabbing the back of the chair.

"Jeez, your hair is so tangled. " Makoto said, grabbing her head carefully and started combing her hair.

*Hum-Hummmmm-HumHumHummm-Hum-Huuuuuum-HumHumHumHummmmm*

He started humming a song long time forgotten with much significance for him.

Thankfully, the NPCs data were really well created by the developers so even her hair started to get combed really well.

Of course, the Guardian didn't even move as she wasn't able to.

If I had more time. No, it's useless to regret.

Once he finished, he patted her head carefully so he wouldn't bundle her hair.

"As the Guardian of Valhalla, I commend you for keeping order in this floor. " Makoto said as he finished petting her and walked to the 12º Floor's teleporter.

He stopped in the very border. At that moment he showed his true feelings. Not as her Creator but just Makoto.

"...Thank you, I know it sounds stupid but thank you. Thank you for growing and showing me even NPCs could surpass human's expectations. Even if you all are just data I will keep all of you in my heart. " Makoto said looking at her but at the same time not.

He decided to go to the 12º Floor, the Dragon Witches Valley. Then the Throne Room where everything will end.

He spoke as he was teleported.

"Goodbye, Schwi. "

10