The 12º Floor
371 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Makoto teleported in a desert, the moon shines brilliantly above the clouds although no stars shine in the sky.

He decided to walk straight until a deep valley was into his sight.

He could feel the wind into his digital skin, enough that he felt chills running through his spine.

It was no fear he was feeling but excitement as this was the floor he created with a burning passion running through his soul.

He walked to the edge of the cliff with excitement and look at the bottom of the valley.

Nop, you can't see the bottom, just darkness.

Darkness, at least in the Great Seal he could see stars but now it's just darkness.

Nothing.

Nil.

Empty.

LiKe HiMsElF, EmpTy SoUl, EmPTY HeArt, EMpTY LIfe, EMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTYEMPTY.

[*ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* ]

THE USER'S MENTAL STRESS HAS EXCEEDED 80%, FURTHER STRESS WILL ACTIVATE THE FORCED SHUT-DOWN.

[*ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* *ALERT* ]

He hears a voice but he cannot grasp its meaning, he was just engrossed watching the never-ending abyss in front of him.

But he could partially guess the meaning of the sound, the self-protection system of the helmet probably triggered because of mental stress.

If it was the body or the nanomachines fault, he would have been immediately ejected so the only problem was his own mind.

Not so much of a problem as it seems at first glance, ultimately he has been hearing this alert for months.

But he was fairly surprised it triggered so soon.

It seems he overestimated himself, three Floors were enough to wear himself off.

Luckily it was on this floor so the solution is quite simple.

He takes a step forward, making a leap of faith, and let gravity do its own work.

Basically, he was falling.

The game was quite realist, he could feel the air's pressure against him tickling his skin.

Not to worry, he was used to this feeling and it also cools his head.

Right now he was glad he didn't have time and he started in the 10º Floor instead of going to the 1º Floor.

If he started on the first floor, by the moment he reached this place his real body would have been puking blood.

He chuckled thinking in an event of the past when he worked in the Tomb for hours with 80% of stress and when he takes off the helmet he was greeted with his body covered with vomit and a little blood.

It was so gross that he said 'screw this' and took the hot bath instead of the steam bath used to save money.

"... Ahahahahaha..." He laughs at the memory.

Right now he is not hearing the alarm so the stress really goes down when you face life or death situations.

Well, it's not 'death'. Even with this height with his stats, he could survive this fall with red HP.

With that would defeat his purpose here so let's abstain.

He moved his hand through the air and he chooses the 7º slot in order to use a 7º tier spell not put in the short-cut menu.

[Greater Teleportation]

He used the 7th tier spell Greater Teleportation as its name means is a teleportation spell with no means of failure that also kills all inertia in his body.

He teleported to the air again, in front of the edge of the cliff, but this time he didn't want a repeat of the sky-diving party so...

He spreads his arms and bat-like wings appeared in his back, even if it pierced his robe.

The hood that covered his head falls to the wind and his long, lustrous hair danced softly.

He ascends in the air, challenging gravity in his way.

Makoto then abruptly stops and opened his eyes, looking down the scenery upon him like a god.

"Heh." He smirked arrogantly under the helmet in his real body.

He LOVES flying when he discovered the Fly spell he was a level 100 zombie so flying spells was out of the question for his meager mana pool. (This was in the beginnings of YGGDRASIL where no info was given).

But he was a stubborn one so he raised that account to level 100 and then demoted himself to a level 1 skeleton.

Yeah, it was stupid but thanks to that he gained access to one of the most powerful undead races in the game.

The Unholy One. You could say he was the predecessor of the undead where all the skills an undead could learn was compressed in a small body.

Of course, he also got all their weaknesses.

'Oh my god, the memories.' Thought Makoto recalling the past.

Yes, I'm invincibleeeeeee.

[Holy]

IT BUUUUUUUUUURNS, WHY IT BURNS SO MUCH; ARE THESE NUMBERS RIGHT?!

It comes with a level 7 weakness to holy, level 4 to fire. At least bludgeoning damage was still double but it wasn't funny.

He still loves this body, androgynous it is but it was a good avatar for his role-play. But Makoto doesn't know himself how much of it was just acting.

Maybe it was born of a hidden desire?

Who knows, he was crazy.

He disconnected the automatic-flying function and glided through the sky in search of his Guardian.

In his way, he found strange silhouettes. They were women flying in brooms. Obviously, they were witches.

The question was, were they the Berbere Witches or the Dragon Witches?

He found one leading the rest, a young girl who resembles a young girl barely over 10-years-old with a brimmed cone hat that it's so big it covered 3/4 of her head.

It was the leader of the Berbere Sisters, Humbaba. A level 35 witch who leads a platoon of fellow witch outcasts. At least it was her story.

He smiled as he passed through them at full speed. It was really difficult for the average player to fly with such skill but Makoro was confident he was in the top 10 of flying players.

Makoto stopped in a nearby cave and entered, at the end of that tunnel there is a pure white palace, certain out of place.

He entered the palace and searched for the throne room.

In the throne room, quite late if you ask there is a young girl sitting in an oversized throne.

She has the appearance of a pink-haired, pretty young girl with horn buds on the sides of her head that resemble cute bear ears. She also wears an academy-like uniform of a white coat with red decorations, a bow on her chest, and a black skirt, knee socks and boots.

Of course, this was not her true form. Her true form is that of a giant dragon with three horns, one of which resembles a unicorn horn, and large white-feathered wings, she also appears to have pink coloured fur. Her dragon form is gigantic, with normal dragons being "small flies" to her and large ones like "mouses".

She was the Guardian of the Dragon-Witches Valley. The Dragons' Imperial Princess Eco.

He was really proud as dragons were really strong in YGGDRASIL so he was happy he could portray a little their majesty.

He walked towards her and took something of his Inventory, it was a cute dragon plushie. It was a useless gacha item gained in the event of the Dragon's Advent so he, who spend a lot of money in the gacha has cute a lot of dragon plushies.

"Hello, Eco. How is it going?" Makoro spoke although he knew she wouldn't speak. "I brought you a gift, I hope you like it." Makoto decided to give her the dragon plushie, putting it in her lap.

Would she like it?

He couldn't help but ask himself although she was her creation.

"...This is the end." Makoto walked faster through the portal to the last floor. "...It was nice. " Makoto spoke overwhelmed by emotion.

Now to the last floor, the Throne Room.

 

9