[“Completed” WIP] I Wanna Be an Adventurer FFXIV re-write, Prologue?
313 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Look, I'm trying to get back into doing some writing x.x
Thought I'd trying doing my FFXIV story again, but this time a bit different? kind of? Since the original was like my second attempt at writing.
I would say this is a tad bit more descriptive then the previous one, though not characters, rather just do a character sheet... much easier x.x

None of this is edited or such and is a work-in-progress
EDIT: "completed" WIP, pretty much a prologue. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest.

I wanna be an Adventurer. I wanna see more of Eorzea. There's just a few problems.
Firstly, I live in Gyr Abania which is under Imperial occupation. Secondly is Baelsar's Wall, which is blocking any passage between Gridania and Gyr Abania. So I'll need to search for a way through. Luckily I have an idea for that.

Finally, probably the biggest problem of all is my sister. You see, when we were younger our parents left use without a word. Ever since then she been quite... possessive of me. “Quite” is kind of putting it mildly. I don't remember the last time I left this house. When she goes out she locks me in the house or even at times just my room. Over time I've found out she's scared mainly. Thinking I'll abandon her like our parents. When I'm with her she smiles. She happy knowing I'm here with her. But, I've got a feeling she'll think me becoming an adventure will mean, I'm abandoning her.

“Well... it's now or never... Let's just hope she's in a good mood.” I lightly say as I anxiously walk over towards the kitchen door.

I push open the door a tiny amount to her my sister Camilla happily humming away. Maybe this is a good time after all yet I'm scared still.

Come on Elwin, you can do this.

After giving myself a little more courage I open the door a little more. Almost instantly the humming comes to a complete stop.

“Thought I told you to stay in your room?” she says suddenly in a slight angry tone.

Did she? After a quick half-second, Oh hells... she did. Welp! Too late to back out now.

I enter the kitchen more anxiously then I was before and see Camilla staring at me from the other side of the kitchen table. She is not happy... I think?

“Can I just talk to you f-for a minute? It's important... kind of.” I say whilst trying not to show much nervousness. Pretty sure I failed.

She sighs lightly and points to a chair at the kitchen table opposite her.

I sit down on the chair she motioned at and look at Camilla as she places a hand on her hip. In her other hand which I thought would be free was holding a kitchen knife. Not going to lie, that scared me a little.

“Talk, I'm not happy since you left your room without my permission.”

I lower my head and stare at the table.

“S-sorry Cam-” I stop myself short after noticing my mistake instantly.

Camilla stares at me for a split second and places the knife she's holding down on the kitchen counter. She then proceeds to slowly walk around the table towards me.

I'm not allowed to call Camilla by her name. I can only ever call of her Sis. Why? I have no idea, it's one of the rules that still confuses me to this day. I can never go against Camilla. The answer is simple to why. I'm just too scared.

It wasn't long till she was very close to me. She gently places a hand on my shoulder and slowly guides herself behind my chair then gently places her other hand on my other shoulder.

“S-sis, I s-said I was sorr-”

“Shh~ Shh~ I'm not mad.” She says as she lowers her hands and arms across my chest, practically hugging me.

I've noticed over time that I can be confident in a lot of things, but when it's anything to do with Camilla, all that confidence is stripped away very, very easily.

“So... what did you want to talk about?” She continues to hug me lightly from behind.

“I-I-I...”

By the twelve... COME ON ME! Just let it out. Ask the damn question.

“Hmm? Not feeling well?” She asks

“T-that's not-”

“Hungry then? All you had to do was wait a little. Oh, maybe your sleepy? Do you need a early night?”

S-stop...

“Maybe you missed me? Aww, what a sweet little brother.” She pulls me in close to hug around me slightly tighter.

She slowly arranges her head inline with mine and starts to slowly rub against like some sort of cat. She gets like this when she's feeling clingy.

“S-sis-”

“Hehe, okay, okay. Go on.”

“I-I-I...” Suddenly without noticing I shouted... “I want to go out adventuring!”

“...”

After says that my heart starts beating out of control. Scared of... something. Not long after I start to feel some heavy breath coming from Camilla. Suddenly her hug starts tightening.

I let out a small cough. “S-sis... too.. tight...”

“Elwin... wants to abandon me... just like... Mum and Dad.”

I need to fight back somehow. Words seem to be my only weapon.

“Th-that's not true! I'll be back I swear... J-just a couple of months, I swear...” That was... a lie. I don't feel proud saying it but I need her to calm down. Unfortunately her hug stays tight.

“No, no, no, no, NO! You stay with ME! I will not let you abandon me. NO. MATTER. WHAT!”

“But s-sis-” I wish I was more charismatic, heroes in stories make it seems so much easier.

“No more! Conversation over!” She finally lets go of me and proceeds to the other side of the table, staring at me. Angry, mad but also some tears.

“S-sis...”

“ENOUGH!” She slams her palm on the table. “Go to your room and don't leave till I say so...”

I may have underestimated her in some way.

“SIS!”

“GO!” She stares angrily at me. Words are definitely useless at the moment.

I stand on the spot and leave the kitchen, immediately head back to my room. Maybe I could trying again later. I'll give it some time. But in the end I believe I'll have to...

Run away...

|| Meanwhile in the Kitchen || Camilla ||

“H-he wants to leave me.. No-no-no, this is just like Mum and Dad. No... Cam calm down, don't let the thought of them two take over. Elwin is stubborn, he's not gonna give up just like that... He's... he's going to run... away. But maybe I can make him regret it. All I need is the right ingredients for a potion, make him drink it without him noticing and cut his magic off.

I will make you want to return. You are MINE!

|| 6+ months later || House near Baelsar's Wall || Guthorm ||

“Hmm... A letter from... ELWIN!? I haven't seen him or heard from him in quite awhile. Hmm... Passage through Baelsar's Wall? Without his Sister knowing? I can do that pretty easily. Not like I have a choice anyway. SHE would be angry at me if I turn this opportunity down. Be able to finally get her off my back.

7