Prologue
19.3k 36 289
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is 2022. Less than two years ago beings from another dimension came to earth. They were called the Exstela and looked like a combination of a cat and a teddy bear. They were simply unreal. They came in two groups. The first one  consisted of dark colored creatures who called themselves the Etativi and declared that they would conquer the planet Earth for their own prosperity.

 They began this by using bound to their service demons, creatures they created with the help of magical power that was dragged from their dimension. And more accurately its negative spectrum created from negative emotions. These demons were divided into categories based on the emotion they most represented. Pride, jealousy, hatred, fear, etc. These feelings created them, made them appear and evoked them in others.

Demons, thanks to their magic and skills, were able to wage war against humanity without any major problems. The rescue were an amulets and other similar objects, that had gained power due to the saturation with magic, which now permeated the world. They protected people from demons. However, mankind did not manage to turn them into an effective and efficient weapons that would allow them to go on the offensive. They lacked the proper knowledge to accomplish so and use it in that way. However, they still put up big pillars, which they referred to as Obelisks, which protected cities and towns from demons to some extent.

However nonetheless slowly but surely, mankind was losing, but after a year of painfully slow defeat, the second group of beings from the Exstel race arrived. Unlike the Etativi, they had bright colors of their fur and called themselves Metermi. They were a much smaller group consisting of less than twenty members.

They stood on the side of humanity, saying that they would give us the power of magic so that we could defend our world where they were not able to. This power was presented us in the form of wands that allowed users to use a positive spectrum of magic and emotion.

For some reason connected with the secrets of magic and nature of wands, only young girls were able to transform themselves. Thus, the TransMagica organization was created, which brings together and directs the users. 

These persons are called Magical Girls and on backs lay the responsibility to protect humanity. Of course they are young girls so they were given the protection of their identity and the possibility to lead a normal life. The wands themselves allowed them to transform and obstruct the perception of identity associated with wand users. This allowed the girls to act freely.

The Metermi worked with the governments of the world to help them integrate magic with weapons. This cooperation resulted in anti-demonic weapons that could only hurt magical beings. Anti-magic organizations have also been formed, they goal is to destroy all Exstelas regardless of which side of the conflict they were on.

In response to these events, the Etativi shared their power with the now so-called Witches. They were counterparts of Magical Girls but on the side that opposes humanity. For betraying humanity and commanding demons, they were promised power in a new world order that they would help create.

And so, nowadays, two years after it all started, there is a fierce battle between Magical Girls and witches, forces of good and forces of evil. Where the world has divided into populated places ruled by mankind and lands like mountains and wilderness taken away from mankind in favor of demons.

However, this is the least of the concerns of a little black cat-like creature who escapes from moving mannequins that have claws instead of fingers. These were black mannequins over two meters tall with vile facial expressions.

It escapes in a dark alley barely avoiding the attacks of mannequins. *swish* Their claws only cut through the air, but were close to their target closer than minutes ago, their target must be getting tired. 

*swish* Once

*swish**swish* Twice, thrice

The claws were slowly approaching their goal closer and closer and finally *slash*. The claws reached their goal. The creature, however, clenched her teeth and did not even groan when her side was cut. The momentum from the attack, however, threw her into the wall of the alley.

The mannequins surrounded the creature by pushing her to the wall. However, they did not finish the work, but waited to cut off the escape routes. As the creature was slowly  bled out. The smiles of the dummies became even worse.

"So they want to torment me, drown me in despair. These traitors really want to play third-rate thugs." The creature said in a quiet, almost inaudible female voice.

She was one of the Etativi, and was betrayed by her fellow creatures who sent Witches and Demons for her. Fortunately, the Witch was attacked by a Magical Girl. Taking advantage of this opportunity, our Etativi escaped but, as you can see, not far away.

One moment, then another passed, but the Etativi did not move. She couldn't, no matter how she watched, the mannequins didn't let go. It was only a matter of time before she bled out.

*boom*

In this hopeless situation, there was a glimmer of hope. A ray of green light destroyed one of the five mannequins. It must be a Magical Girl thought the little Etativi and she was going to use it.

When the mannequins turned their attention to the direction from which the attack came, they saw a Magical Girl which was very badly injured, but the Etativi had no time to look at her. She threw herself into a run, and using most of her remaining magic power, she created a black smoke screen.

She was already drained of almost all her power, and it was the best she could do. This would not give her more than a few seconds, but it should be enough to give her a chance to escape.

The smoke covered the whole alley, but it was blown away after a few seconds by the mannequins that they threw into their senses. Of the Etativi, however, there was no trace left except an open sewer well.

When the dummies noticed this, they immediately threw themselves into the chase but...

"You will not escape!"

But they heard such a scream and were immediately attacked by the Magical Girl. They stood up to fight but it did not take her long to get rid of them. After the fight she flew away without realizing who she had unknowingly helped to escape.

The Etativi, on the other hand, after leaving the canal, used the rest of her power to change her appearance to look completely like a cat. However, she no longer had any power to heal her wounds. Because of her physiology she would not die immediately but, it didn't look good for her.

She was struggling aimlessly to hide herself but she lost so much blood that she was only half conscious. She finally wandered into the suburbs and leaned on the a fence of the wall of houses. 

She closed her eyes and waited for the inevitable. Instead of the cold of death she felt something warm. She opened her eyes and saw a girl in a coat and scarf that covered her face. Her hair was covered with a hat, but it was slightly visible in raven black just like her eyes.

"Everything is fine now," she said, holding the cat with one hand and using other to pull down her scarf slightly and showing a beautiful smile. "I'll take care of you." With these words, she lifted up into the disguised Etativi and ran home.

The Etativi herself closed her eyes and fell asleep completely depleted, she was not even able to think about the whole situation. But she sensed something from the girl that calmed her down and certainly it wasn't her warmth or any other similar feeling, it was more negative.

Announcement
Many thanks to Senken, for pointing out the mistakes (to the extent that this can already be called an Edit from his side) and ideas on how to diversify by giving ideas for better descriptions and phrases.
289