Ch-43 Knowledge and Solutions
7k 33 171
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yui was now at home getting dressed in her room, having already thankfully rewarded Miyu, who was now lying naked on Yui's bed exhausted and on the verge of falling asleep, where Yui still had enough energy to still take care of a few things. She owed this stamina to her enhanced physiology due to being a Lust Witch and the fact that she herself was more athletic than Miyu, who had modest physical vigour. Miyu was also smaller than a normal girl her age, which also influenced her to have less stamina. That or the fact that Yui was simply an insatiable beast who was unable be satiated by the small snack that was Miyu without her transformation.

However, without bothering herself with unnecessary matters, Yui went to the living room, which was connected to the kitchen and dining room by open passages, in order to talk with Vili, who as usual was eating her tangerines on the coffee table in the living room as if the problems of the world were not related to her in any way. She wasn't even paying attention to Yui, who had entered the living room and was staring at her rather intensely, apparently having something to say. Even Marii was able to sense the intense eyes of her mistress from the kitchen and deciding to check what was going on slightly sticking her head over the walls.

"Well Vili, will you teach me more about runes and magic circles?" Yui finally said, deciding not to worry about Vili's strange behaviour, going straight to the point of the issue she had come with to her feline-like companion. At those words, Vili jumped slightly and looked at Yui, in the process finally stopping herself from eating the tangerines. A glint could be seen in her eyes as if what she heard pleased her greatly.

"Alright, we'll start with the basics." Said Vili flying over to Yui and indicating her to sit on the sofa where she herself sat at the other end leaning on the arm rest. She was apparently in a good mood as she didn't play with words like she usually did in her conversations with Yui, quickly geting to the point. When Yui finally sat down Vili began her lecture, which would probably take quite a while.

"So as you know the building blocks of magic circles, magic devices and amulets are runes unlike artifacts which were created with pure intention put into mana which alone gave the artifact its properties. Because of this, artifacts are much better at mana transfer but also incredibly difficult to create even for us Etativi." Vili spoke quickly but clearly making sure that Yui was able to understand everything. "Items created from runes are easier to create, to the point where you don't need a person with mana, but in return it is much more fragile, less effective and doesn't even have comparable power to an artifact created from the same materials. But back to runes, they are simply a language that has power." 

"A language that has power?" Yui interjected, not really understanding the concept Vili had thrown at her.

"It's simply a language that people consider to be magical or pay great respect to," Vili explained. "It's even better if you don't know much about it or understand it." Vili added.

"But why would a language gain power through that?" Asked Yui still not fully understanding how it would work, though she had some ideas which she passed on to Vili. "You mean something along the lines that the subconscious of a population, grant an intention that connects it to the world or something like that?"

"You're roughly right." Vili nodded in agreement with Yui's words. "It's roughly about the metaphysical nature of consciousness and how it works. Nothing in this world is lost and is recorded in the history of the world which is maintained by Akashic Records created from the subconscious of living or rather conscious beings. This is natural in any world." Vili added to Yui's explanation, which was close to the truth. Yui only nodded at this, falling slightly into her thoughts, where Vili waited for Yui to put everything together. Vili knew that understanding was more important than sheer knowledge when using magic. Noticing that Yui's attention had returned to her, Vili continued.

"This is why the age of a language matters, for the longer it has existed the greater the presence of it in the Akashic Records, mystery grows that presence and complexity deepens it. Forgotten languages cease to be grow but they usually have immense power due to their mysteriousness and taking all this into account you already should know what is the best language to use for the runes to best embody them in power." Vili said thus giving a small task to Yui to make sure she understood everything correctly. If Vili is satisfied with the answer she gets from Yui, they can move on to learning about magic circles and other such items.

"Well considering all this, in my opinion, the best language would be an old commonly used but extinct language that only a few people in the world are able to decipher. After all, so what if the language is powerful if we are unable to use it, and deciphering it ourselves is too time consuming and may not bear any fruit." Yui answered almost immediately, without any doubt in her voice, as if she knew it was the only correct answer and she was would be right in that because it was practically the definition of the most powerful runes one could find. Vili was very happy with this answer.

"That's a perfect answer, of course these runes only work in the presence of mana that's why, your talismans only started working after we arrived, but considering you have so many of them, there were probably residual amounts of mana in this world in the past." Vili said, recalling all the information the Etativi had gained after arriving in this world and couldn't help but wryly nod as she recalled the witch hunts of the medieval times. But that is off the current topic so Vili banished those thoughts to the edge of her mind, where they were drowned in endless tangerine peels.

"Well that makes sense, there are a lot of stories in our world about sorcerers and the like, but most are considered ramblings, still there may be grains of truth in some," Added Yui from herself slightly bogged down in thought, but quickly returned to the present. "So let's continue about magic circles, like the one you taught me on the fly to protect the dungeon from the use of magic by anyone but us. I wants to know how to create them myself." 

Yui wanted to create such magic formulas herself and not ask Vila to draw them for her all the time, so she could copy them and be sure it wouldn't become too burdensome with the constant requests Yui would surely have. After all, Yui had lots and lots of ideas on how to play with such circles since she heard that they could be made for practically anything. 

The last time she asked Vili about them she unfortunately found out that they wouldn't help her much in battle because the artifact that allows her transformations also creates the quick magic formulas needed to allow users to quickly be able to use mana in an effective way and from what Vili said it was practically impossible to increase the efficiency of magic by creating them on her own. Yui was saddened by this because she wanted to have some fun with these formulas and the news that she wouldn't be able to make something cooler than she already knew how to do pulled the air out of her wings. 

However, another comment from Vila pushed her wings under the air vortex. For it seems that the transforming artifact only calculates formulas for the skills that Witches or Magical Girls possess and for that reason they have such problems in using magic in other spectrums than their skills contain. When Yui heard this, she had such a diabolical smile that some of her demons took a step back, when they saw her. Unfortunately neither Miyu nor Vili saw her, making them unable to stop her, as they were unaware of Yui's plans. After all, Vili only thinks that Yui wants them to use that knowledge in her base or on her demons' equipment. 

Indeed, you can't blame Vili for thinking that because she told Yui that due to the artifact that normally helps her, she will have trouble concentrating to create circles of mana in the air. Yui however was not going to use mana magic circles, for she had a much better conductor for her magic formulas. 

Well leaving Yui's intentions for another time, it is still interesting to note that you don't see magic circles in the air as Etativi use magic because through centuries of using mana they have become magical beings and can create formulas within themselves. But returning to Yui's conversation with Vili, where Etativi continued her lecture.

"Well going back to magic circles, they are simply magic formulas, in structure not so different from the computer programs, that need to be created to give a fixed idea to the circle, with each step and word, the initial magic energy drops therefore there is needs to optimisation..."

***

At the time when Yui was instructed in the theory of magic circles, Keiko was in one of the TransMagica bases in the city near the school, where she was currently staying in the medical wing and had just been given the excruciatingly painful stare-down by the doctor who was now taking care of her. Keiko who had already sobered up from her sudden 'attack' is in the very place that she wanted to be the least at the curent moment and it was evident from her as she squirmed in her chair with her eyes downcast, too ashamed to look anyone in the eye.

"It was a very unpleasant situation for you and this girl I'm guessing, and to make matters worse this situation was awfully similar to the one I predicted," the doctor began, her voice cold and there was a palpable anger in it, but worse for Keiko, a great tint of disappointment. "That's why I insisted you do not go to school, didn't I? Besides, look people in the eye when they speak to you."

"..." Keiko remained quiet and her head didn't even twitch which was visibly annoying for doctor.

"Look me in the eyes when I talk to you!" In a loud voice said the woman lifting Keiko's chin with her hand making her look into her eyes, as Keiko was too afraid of the woman in front of her to look away. Keiko saw before her a beautiful woman in her early 20's, with waist length straight blonde hair and green eyes hidden behind green glasses that made her look intelligent. Her complexion was healthy and it was impossible to see any imperfections in it, only a small mole was under her left eye on the side. Her figure was attractive, as she had large breasts and a plump ass, both were bound in a tightly fitting clothes. Brests in white shirt through which one could see her red bra and her ass in black tube skirt, while her legs were bound with black tights, she also wore a white lab coat which showed that she was from the medical department.

Keiko however had no time to admire the woman's figure, as the woman's smile which was terribly artificial terrified her and Kaiko knew that nothing would save her from her wrath. All she could do was wait for her punishment which would no doubt be a severe knowing the temperament of the woman before her. 

"Well take it when you have no choice." However, the lecture Keiko was expecting did not come and there was only an unpleasant expression on the face of the woman before her, as if someone had disgusted her. In her hand which she extended to Keiko was a medical box in which several white tablets were visible. Keiko took them in her hand and read the label where it said "Mana Lust Suppressor".

"What's this?" Keiko asked hesitantly.

"Can't you read?" The woman looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "It suppresses mana lust temporarily but no don't hope much, when it stops working, it will be practically certain to send you into that rage of yours and will probably prolong the time it takes for mana lust to come out of your system. So use it only as a last resort and if you do use it somewhere, lock yourself up for two hours or you'll rape everything alive in your path."

Keiko looked at the pills again and flashed a crooked smile then turned to face the woman in front of her again. She stood from her chair and bowed slightly.

"Thank you very much Dr. Lilian."

"Never mind, now go and don't come back here. If you come here again with such a stupid matter even the command won't save your ass from the belt." The woman whose name was apparently Lliliana said without even turning towards Keiko as she rummaged through her medical supplies. Keiko just left quickly going home swiftly as she felt she would have to freshen up again soon. 

Alone in her office Lilian simply sighed, pulling a small remote with a button knob from her lab coat pocket turning it slightly, this visibly calmed her down and brought a smile on her face. 

171