Chapter 3 – The invitation
3.3k 8 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How long has it been since I've been here? 1 minute? 1 hour? 1 day? 1 year?

I don't know anymore...

Everything around me is nothing else but an endless black space. It's just like a new whole world made for me and no one else. I don't have to worry about going to school or making decisions for my life. No one can bother me, it's really comfortable and quiet!

I like it here-------and I wouldn't mind sleeping here for an eternity.

But still, there is this uneasy feeling that's been keeping me awake...

It won't let me rest a bit!

My whole soul is screaming for it! It must be something important that I have forgotten. It's like a piece of me is missing, something dear to me or... someone...

*beep* *beep* *beep*

What's that noise? It's so annoying!!

[.....How is he, doctor?]

[ Don't worry your son is out of danger and he is going to wake up any time now! He was injured badly with a knife stab on his back and injury in his hand! I and the medical staff managed to heal his injuries however he needs a lot of nutrients to replace all of the blood he has lost! ]

[ I'm so glad, Thank you so much doctor for saving him! ]

Ugh, where am I? I recognize my mother's voice. She sounds worried, did something happen? Who is she talking to anyway?

[ No no, the operation would have failed if your son hadn't received blood from you. However, the damage on his left eye was greater than we thought ]

[ What do you mean? ]

[ He might not be able to see from his left eye anymore... ]

What are they talking about?

[ Ugh.. ] Hatsuko

I notice some pressure on my left eye like something was warped around it

I opened my eyes and noticed an unfamiliar ceiling

[ Where am I? ] ( Hatsuko )

I slowly tried to get up.

[ Aagh! ] ( Hatsuko )

My back hurts.

As I tried to move I heard my mother say.

[ Hatsuko try not to move too much! Your body is still weak right now! ]

I heard the sweet voice of my worried mother. I could tell that her voice was shaking a little bit.

[ Oh right, How long have I been asleep? I was being chased by some weird guy in black clothes and I fainted... ] ( Hatsuko )

[ You've been asleep for 3 days but for now try to rest a bit! ]

I was looking around me a bit confused for some reason.

I still remember how I was being chased.

Well, at least he didn't kill me...

That guy was so strong, he could've killed me easily, so why did he tell me he was some rival to Raiden and wanted revenge on him somehow?

No... Maybe he wanted to warn Raiden using me. That must be it!

--------------------


Some time had passed since I woke up. In the room I was staying in, a police officer came in.

He must be here to investigate the cause of my injuries.

Or that's what I thought.

I tried to explain everything about how suddenly, some guy attacked me for no reason. I also said that I have no friends or connections to anyone who has grudges against me. Having said that, made me feel kind of lonely. Of course, I didn't mention the encounter with Raiden. It's not because I made a promise to not tell anyone but because I was scared and didn't want to get involved any further than this! I mean I was targeted for a stupid reason.

In the end, the police officer said that I might have been mistaken for someone else when I was attacked. Well, that was the only reasonable conclusion after everything I said to him.

But still, the police officer said he was going to look further into this.

The police officer had already left.

I decided to sleep.

--------------------

.

.

.

.


*clatter* *clatter*

ugh so noisy

[ Did you get his blood sample? ]

[ Yes it's all here, just a little is enough right? ]

[ Yes! ]

What are they talking about? My blood sample? Why would they need my blood?

Are they making a check up on me?

[ Alright let's get out of here before he wakes up ]

...

.

.

.

.

.


It's been 2 weeks since I got out of the hospital. I was really shocked when the doctor told me that I won't be able to see from my left eye anymore. I also had a wound on my back which I don't remember how I got it.

Thankfully I don't have any scars on my face. It's gonna take me a long time to get used without my left eye. How am I going to play video games with only one eye? I don't have a full vision as I had before so I hope it won't be difficult playing them.

Well, there's only one way to find out.

I opened my laptop and the first thing I noticed was an email received on my personal account.

An email? I never get emails from my personal account. I never gave it to anyone in the first place!

I opened the email.

.

——————————

To: hatsukogee@g*ail.com

From: Sakuruhigh@ou*look.com

Dear Hatsuko Gee

 

On behalf of "Sakuru High School", we are happy to congratulate your acceptance into our prestigious high-school program. Our school has one of the most exclusive programs on the entire planet, and we only accept students who have potential with special "abilities" into our program.

To complete the enrollment process, you are required to submit the printed form of this email including your signature along with your support documents and ID card!

We hope to see you soon at our school!

Sincerely

Sakuru High School

——————————

.

Wait I never applied to this school and I don't have a special ability, so why would they send me an email?


 

76