The white cat – chapter 33
2.2k 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I calmed down, I decided to keep walking instead of flying. Neither flying nor walking doesn't tire me since I have a lot of stamina.

Also that angel...

I can't compare my powers with that at my current level.

Even with my skill "The eyes of see-through" I couldn't see his status at all. That's what keeps bothering me.

What a terrifying being.

...

I've been walking for a while but there was one thing that was bothering me...

I could feel something with "Presence Detection". It's been following me for a while. At first, I ignored it since it was a weak presence but now it's becoming annoying!

Until now I've been unleashing a killing intent to scare off all of the weak monsters since they can't give me any skills anymore but there is still something that won't go away.

It isn't far from me...

I turned behind and looked around. Nothing can escape my eyes!

So that's where you were!

I saw something white hiding behind a big tree.

I put some strength into my left leg and launched myself towards the tree. The moment I reached the tree I used my right leg to crush down the tree. The wood of the tree got smashed from my kick.

If this were me from some months ago, this would have been impossible for me to do.

As the tree was falling down something came out from there.

Huh?

A cat?

In front of me was a white little cat with two different eyes colors. Its left eye was yellow and its right eye was blue.

Even with my killing intent, it wasn't going away. I could see the cat trembling a little but it still wasn't going away from here.

How did this cat survive until now from other monsters?

Maybe this cat is also a monster.

Just to make sure I checked the status of the cat.

.

——————————

Species: Cat

Gender: Female

Health: 2/5

STR: 1

MC: 5

AGI: 14

VIT: 4

DEF: 0.5

Condition: Starving

Skills: ( night-vision )

——————————

.

So it's not a monster. It's just a starving little cat. Its owner must have died or abandoned it.

Well, I don't plan on keeping it. It's not my problem.

From its status, I'm sure it will die either from starvation or from a monster.

My eyes locked with the cat's eyes for a moment.

Why are you looking at me like that!

[ Don't think I'll take pity on you! ] ( Hatsuko )

The cat tilted its head in response.

Tsk, this really is annoying!

[ Go away! ] ( Hatsuko )

I said while showing a terrifying look.

Instead of getting scared off, the cat came closer to my leg and started rubbing it with its body.

[ I said go away! I don't have any food! ] ( Hatsuko )

I said while pushing the cat away.

I walked away from that place.

Also, it was getting darker.

I should find a place to rest for a bit.

I sat down near a fallen tree. Since it was getting darker I made a fireball. I don't need light since I can also see during the night. But using light during the night makes me feel more comfortable and warm.

I leaned my head on the grass and started sleeping.

I've gotten used now on sleeping outside. Also, the monsters won't bother me since I could keep my killing intent activated during my sleep. If dangerous monsters come after me, my presence detection skill will alarm me the moment it comes into my range.

I was thinking that as my consciousness left my mind.

.......

.....

....

.....

...

..

.

Somehow I could feel something warm in my stomach...

It was like the heat was spreading into my entire body. It was really relaxing and calming.

When was the last time I felt this?

...

A strange place appeared in front of me. It was a strange house that I have never been to before. There was a little girl and 2 adults sitting on the table room eating food. They seem to be her parents.

They seem like a happy family. All of them were smiling. Down on their feet was a white little cat with blue and yellow eyes.

Where have I seen that cat?...

At that moment the house started shaking. The walls were cracking and all of the furniture was falling down

[ EVERYONE GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!! ]

The father of the little girl said with a loud tone.

Both the mother and her daughter started heading towards the door.

On the girl's back was the white little cat clinging to the little girl's shirt.

The mother who noticed the cat on her daughter's shirt grabbed the cat forcefully and threw it away.

The walls were falling down.

The cat also wanted to get out of the house so it started running towards the door. But the moment it reached the door...

[ Get the hell away from my way!! ]

The father of the little girl kicked the cat out of the way without mercy.

All the 3 members of the family got out of the house, leaving the cat behind.

From the cat's perspective could be seen as the little girl, her mother, and her father was getting out of the house.

The cat couldn't move since it was kicked really hard. All it could do was watch as everyone was leaving without her.

The house was shaking even more.

The little cat got up and hid under the little girl's bed.

After the earthquake ended, the walls of the house were broken down. The cat somehow managed to slip through the tight spaces to get out of that place.

The place outside didn't have any high building or a lot of houses. Near the destroyed house there were cows, chickens that were released from the broken fences.

This must be from a village. There was no sight of alive humans. Most of them must have been crushed by their houses.

Roots and new plants were growing in this village and the animals started acting weird.

As the days passed the village was being transformed into a forest with monsters.

The cat had managed to survive by hiding in the destroyed house and eating the leftovers of the cat's food which was in a broken cupboard of the kitchen.

But after some time the food was gone. There was nothing left for the cat to eat. The cat walked away from that village as it was being transformed into a forest.

For a house cat living in the wild was suicide. But there was no other option than finding food on its own.

The cat tried its best to avoid all kinds of monsters.

The cat would survive by eating grass or the leftovers of a dead monster. The white cat struggled every day to survive in this place during the day and night. No humans was in sight.

One day the cat was being followed by a rabbit monster. It ran with all of its might to get away from that monster.

But as the cat was about to get caught it was slain by a green transparent katana.

Huh? That's me!

I was watching myself walking away after killing that monster.

What's going on?

Now that I think about it where am I?

At that moment was like a shock of realizing my current situation.

It was like I had lost control of my body.

My eyes suddenly got dark. I couldn't see anything anymore.

...

When I opened my eyes the first thing I saw was the blue sky.

[ So that was all a dream... ] ( Hatsuko )

It's actually weird for me to have dreams about something that I have never seen before...

Maybe it has to do with that cat which I saw yesterday...

...

Suddenly I noticed my stomach was vibrating.

Huh?

I looked down at my stomach. That white little cat was sleeping there.

...

I see so you were also left behind...

The weak little cat must have done everything it could to survive after it was abandoned by its family.

I thought that as I put my hand over the cat's white fur. It was surprisingly soft and warm. So this was the reason why I was warm during the night...

As the cat wasn't waking up, I grabbed the cat on my arm and started walking.

50