Even if… – chapter 34
2.2k 2 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I kept walking forward, I was killing different powerful monsters that wouldn't run away from my killing intent skill.

The white little cat would usually stay hidden in my hoodie made of a monster bearskin. When she first woke up at that place, she came near my neck and licked it as if it were something normal to do.

Normal cats would move around, scratch, make noises, but this little cat didn't move that much. She just stayed at the place where I had placed her.

At first, I was wondering why it was behaving like that but after I remembered the cat's status I finally realized the reason why...

The cat was on the verge of dying from starvation. I didn't have any food with me since I could replenish my energy and nutrients using life draining. I can't cook and I don't know what cats usually eat in the wild.

Maybe rats?

So far I haven't killed any monster rats. Only 6 meters big ants, more massive bears, 2 meters big bees, etc.

The animals and insects that were turned into monsters gained bigger bodies and strength.

I think I have eaten some giant ants when I was at the labyrinth, but I don't really remember its taste. It must have been delicious! The only thing I remember was the fact that I had to survive.

For now, I was lost.

I had no idea where I was going.

I wanted to find a way back to Sakuru but I had no clue where to go since everything including roads and buildings were destroyed and transformed into forests filled with monsters. There was no sign of civilization at all.

It was as if this was a different world filled with only monsters.

Now that I think about it, I haven't given a name to the little cat yet...

As I was thinking about a name, I remembered the white fur of the little cat.

Shiro!

( Authors note: "Shiro" means "white" in Japanese )

I turned my head back trying to look at the cat. The cat was still sleeping peacefully.

[ You awake?... Shiro! ] ( Hatsuko )

[ ...meow... ] ( Shiro )

Shiro responded with a weak toned voice.

The cat was really weak and had lost almost all of her energy.

I am still surprised at how this cat had managed to survive here.

I left Shiro to rest on my hoodie while I kept walking.

As I was walking, I could feel the presence of a lot of monsters around me that were getting closer.

I created my sword, with the maximum sharpness I could think of. I also added vibration to make it even easier to kill the monsters.

From the trees, I could see a lot of eyes that were staring at me. I tried to look closer using "10X eyes".

They were...

Monkeys?

Up the trees were a lot of monkeys with red eyes.

I checked the status of some of the monkeys.

.

——————————

Species: Monkey

Gender: Male

Health: 9012/9012

STR: 80080

MC (mental capacity): 5900

AGI: 20910

VIT: 10900

DEF: 8000

Condition: Healthy

Skills: ( Wind blow ) ( Leadership ) ( Status boost) ( Brute crasher ) ( Telepathy) ( Killing intent ) ( Aura sense )

——————————

.

——————————

Species: Monkey

Gender: Female

Health: 60120/60120

STR: 10080

MC (mental capacity): 900

AGI: 81090

VIT: 900

DEF: 6010

Condition: Healthy

Skills: ( Wind blow ) ( Status boost) ( Brute crasher ) ( Telepathy) ( Killing intent ) ( Aura sense )

——————————

.

——————————

Species: Monkey

Gender: Male

Health: 7039/7039

STR: 80080

MC (mental capacity): 4900

AGI: 11910

VIT: 9900

DEF: 7890

Condition: Healthy

Skills: ( Wind blow ) ( Status boost) ( Brute crasher ) ( Telepathy) ( Killing intent ) ( Aura sense )

——————————

.

The first one seemed to be the leader of this group with high status.

The rest of the monkeys had a bit lower strength compared to the leader.

Maybe if I don't attack, the monkeys won't either.

...

Just kidding!

Why would I let all of this precious food go away from me?

As I thought that, all of the monkeys launched themselves towards me.

The leader reached me with an insane speed and tried to scratch off my eyes, but I barely managed to dodge it.

All of the other monkeys were also surrounding me.

So that's how it is...

They want to finish me off with huge numbers.

But sorry, that won't work on me!

I flew up about 20 meters as I was looking at all of the monkeys who were trying to reach me by jumping or forming a tower using their own bodies.

I felt something warm running down my cheek. I put my hand on it and saw red liquid.

Blood?

I remembered the first attack from the leader of monkeys.

So that attack managed to reach me.

I was looking down on all of the monsters raging from the fact that they couldn't reach me.

After I made sure Shiro wouldn't fall off, I started making spikes from under the monster's feet while shooting fireballs at the same time.

This was really fun watching all of the monsters dying rapidly one after another. It made me have a feeling of superiority.

I kept killing the monsters, but the numbers didn't decrease. More of them were coming.

Tch, this is going to take longer like this!

As I thought that, I flew closer to the leader of the monkeys and grabbed it by its neck while restraining its body with my skill.

[ Thank you for the meal!! ] ( Hatsuko )

As I licked my lips, I drained the life of that monster.

{ Skill acquired: "Telepathy" }

Using a lot of skills, takes a lot of mental energy but after using "Life draining" on a powerful monster, not only my energy would be replenished but I would also get new skills from it.

I created two Katanas on my hands and several floating around me.

I started slashing all of the monkeys that were near me and all of the other ones that would run away with my floating katanas using "Telekinesis".

I kept on killing those monsters without a rest. I was using telekinesis on several katanas to protect me from blind spots.

I didn't have any time to replenish my energy by draining the life of the other monsters.

I was slowly losing my energy.

Fuck! I need to think of something before I collapse!

I was tired, but at the moment I let my guard down for a second...

Severals hands of the monkeys thrust through my back and my stomach.

[ You FUCKING BASTARDS! ] ( Hatsuko )

I sliced off the heads of those monsters around me.

Those were the remaining monsters.

Fuck!

I need to find some other monster to regenerate those wounds using " Life Draining".

I can't hold it anymore!

I sat down and I grabbed Shiro from my hoodie...

If...

If I use "Life draining" on Shiro, I might heal a bit!

That's right!

I don't care about anything as long as I survive!

I gripped the white little cat tighter, making it impossible to escape from my hands.

I don't car--

As I was about to kill Shiro, she started licking my wounds on my hand. Instead of running away from the pain caused by my tight grip which could kill her, she licked my wounds.

[ Why? ] ( Hatsuko )

You are just a cat!

Why would you care about me even though I want to kill you!

Shiro kept licking my wounds on my hands.

I let go of Shiro and laid on the ground. Around me was filled with the massacred bodies of the monkeys. Shiro was still licking my wounds around my body. She kept doing that even though she was weak herself.

Near my hand, one of the monkeys started moving again.

I used "Life draining" on the remaining alive monkey before it died.

I somehow managed to regenerate my wounds and some of my energy.

After I got up, I grabbed Shiro on my left hand.

I was still tired so I decided to grab one of the dead monsters around me with my right hand and decided to walk towards a cave that was near me.

46