This could turn bad anytime – chapter 38
2.2k 0 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They built a tent big enough for 4 people to fit inside it, they had everything for their daily needs.

Haruto approached me after finishing setting up the tent.

[ Hey Hatsuko, where are you sleeping tonight? ] ( Haruto )

[ I'm sleeping here... ] ( Hatsuko)

I answered him after taking a glance at him and the girls who were near the tent.

He had a surprised looked after hearing what I said.

Why the fuck are you looking at me like that?

What?

You haven't seen anyone sleep on the open wild before?

Besides, I find it really comfortable laying on this tree while I feel the freshness of the grass. Also, I have Shiro inside my hood, warming up my neck.

I didn't want to move too much since I didn't want to wake her up.

[ A-are you gonna be okay there? ] ( Haruto)

He had a worried look when he said that.

Tsk.

Just leave me alone!

Why does he keep talking to a stranger like me?

I could kill him anytime if I wanted!

He and those cunts behind him!

I would have done that but I needed to find a suitable time to ask him how to go back to Sakuru.

[ Yes I'm fine here. ] ( Hatsuko)

I crossed my arms and looked down, making him notice that I was about to sleep.

[ Haruto! Come here and help me open this bottle! ] ( Hina )

He's finally gone...

I was also a bit nervous since it has been so long since I have talked with anyone.

Shiro started purring again.

Ah, she is making me want to sleep.

It's so relaxing...

....

...

.....

....

...

..

.

.

* * *

It was about 8:00 pm and the sun had already set.

At a big tree, there were 3 girls and 1 one boy which were preparing food in a campfire. They were Haruto, Hina, Ren, Kanae.

And Hatsuko who was sleeping with his back on the tree and his hands crossed.

[ I wonder how Hatsuko got here... ] ( Kanae )

The one to asked this question was Kanae who was sitting near Haruto beside the campfire.

[ Based on his clothes, he may be a survivor or a hunter. ] ( Haruto)

Haruto answered Kanae's question while thinking with his arms crossed.

[ Him? A hunter? Please stop making cringy jokes again Haru. There's no way he is a hunter! Just take a look at his plain-looking appearance, he has no muscles. I'm sure he has been surviving until now by just hiding and running for his life! ] ( Hina)

Hina said while she was preparing the food.

Kanae who wasn't listening to Hina at all was staring at the food which was being prepared by Hina. She was also drooling.

[ You don't need to be so mean Hina. ] ( Haruto)

[ Hmph! ] ( Hina )

Haruto stared at Hatsuko who was sleeping. He felt a bit sad since he was there alone while everyone was about to eat warm food.

[ I'm going to ask Hatusko if he wants to join us to eat together. ] ( Haruto )

He said while separating himself from Kanae who was clinging to him.

While Haruto was about to touch Hatsukos's shoulder to wake him up, Hatsuko reacted fast and grabbed his arm. Without noticing it, Hatsuko gripped his arm even harder. He didn't let go until Haruto reacted to the pain.

[ O-ouch ouch ouch, H-hastuko calm down its m-me! ] ( Haruto)

Haruto tried to release his arm from Hatsuko's grip but that didn't work.

* * *

It was night and I was woken up by an annoying voice which was calling out my name.

I looked up and noticed Haruto. I was gripping his arm lightly but his reaction was different.

I released his arm.

[ Y-you have such a heavy grip Hatsuko! ] ( Haruto)

He said while rubbing his arm.

[ What did you want? ] ( Hatsuko )

I asked while looking at him who was still rubbing his arm in pain.

[ Oh right! I wanted to ask you if you want to join us to eat! We were about to eat food! ] ( Haruto)

Proper food huh...

It's been a while since I ate something like that.

Maybe I should accept and use this opportunity to ask him for directions.

[ Sure. ] ( Hatsuko)

I agreed to join to eat with them.

After I answered, Haruto asked me to sit near the fire.

Hina was cooking the food at the barbeque. Kanae was staring at Hina who was cooking with drool on her mouth and Ren was quietly sitting near Haruto and Kanae.

Everyone was quiet. The only sounds that could be heard were the sounds of Hina cutting the food and the crackling of the fire.

[ So are you a hunter Hatsuko? ] ( Haruto)

He asked me out of nowhere to break the silence.

[ A hunter? ] ( Hatsuko)

A hunter? What's he talking about?

[ Huh you don't know what that is? ] ( Haruto )

[ ... ] ( Hatsuko)

[ A hunter is a job that allows you to kill monsters and earn a lot of money. Aren't you out here doing that? ] ( Haruto)

So there are jobs like that...

[ No, I've been lost for a while... ] ( Hatsuko)

I will ask them for directions if they refuse or play it off...

I will kill them!

Even if this might be my first time murdering another human being, I don't think I would feel anything about it.

[ I thought you were on a mission from the underground city... ] ( Haruto)

Wait underground city?

There is a city like that?

[ Where is that place? ] ( Hatsuko)

[ We were on our way to go there, we can go together there if you don't mind. ] ( Haruto)

I hope it's not too far.

[ Well aren't you lucky? You'll get to go somewhere safe without getting harmed. We are quite strong after all! ] ( Hina)

She said with a proud face.

I don't like being near those guys for too long.

After thinking that, Hina started giving food to everyone.

When my turn came, she just handed the food to me with a disgusted look on her face.

Seriously what did I do to this bitch?

Like everyone else, I was given two stacks of kebab.

Everyone started eating. Kanae had a look of bliss after taking a bite. Ren was taking small bites with her small mouth. Haruto and Hina were eating it normally next to each other like lovers.

I decided to eat as well. I took the first bite of proper food.

Even though it had such a delicious smell... it had a taste of nothingness.

The food didn't taste bad or good... it just didn't have a taste at all.

Did food always taste like this?

After eating 1 stack, Shiro came out of the hood and sat on my lap.

I put the kebab near her nose.

Maybe she will eat it?

She started sniffing it but after some seconds she pushed it away with her paw.

[ Is that your cat? ] ( Haruto)

The one who asked me was Haruto.

[ yes... ] ( Hatsuko)

I agreed while still looking at Shiro.

[ C-cute! What's her name? ] ( Kanae )

I heard someone talk but I wasn't paying attention so I didn't reply to them

I had all of my attention on Shiro who was pushing away the food.

Does she hate normal food this much?

48