I will… – chapter 39
2.1k 3 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shiro resisted eating the food in front of her. It was like, the food in front of her was poison. Do cats hate meat this much?

In the end, I gave up and ate that food.

She went again into my lap and started sleeping again.

I also was staying near the fire where it was warm.

I could feel if it's too cold or hot but to me, that didn't really matter since I have spent so many days in dark places like caves and the labyrinth or in the wild.

After Haruto and the girls finished eating, they decided to go to sleep.

The last one to enter the tent was Haruto. Before he entered he said "Goodnight" to me.

But I didn't respond to him.

I was wondering why he was being so friendly to me?

Is it common sense to say Goodnight to someone you just met?

They even offered food to me!

I didn't have to wonder about them poisoning me since I have resistance against it.

And I have nothing valuable on me they could get.

....

...

....

...

..

.

* * * *

Some hours had passed since me and Shiro ate food.

Right now she still was sleeping on my lap. But for some reason, I couldn't fall asleep...

...

Oh, right it's been a while since the last time I checked my own status!

.

——————————

Name: Hatsuko Gee

Gender: Male

Age: 17

Health: 91.943/91.943

STR: 10.902

MC (mental capacity): 11.900

AGI: 38.700

VIT: 14.009

DEF: 26.000

Soul collected: 9.999/10.000

Condition: Healthy,

Skills: ( Materialisation ), ( Air slash ) ( The eyes of see-through ) ( Rage ) ( Berserk of Gluttony ) ( Presence detection) ( Night Vision ) ( Fireball ) ( Marionette ) ( Auto fight ) ( Poison Resistance ) ( Illusion) ( Life Draining ) ( Telekinesis ) ( Limit breaker ) ( killing intent ) ( Boost ) ( X10 eyes ) ( Aura sense )( Eyes of destructing ) ( telepathy ), etc

——————————

.

All of the points on my status have changed except "Soul collected".

No matter how many times I killed monsters that didn't change...

Am I doing something wrong?

All I have been doing until now is killing different monsters from weak ones to those who were stronger.

Maybe I need to kill a specific monster that will complete the task!

That's the only conclusion I could come up with!

But I still haven't figured out what will happen after I collect ten thousand souls.

My status keeps growing every time I eat the meat of a monster or drain their life force.

Maybe I will get a stronger ability once I reach that number of souls.

That's what I was thinking when I heard some weird muffled sounds.

[ umm mmm Aaah.... s-so g-good... ] ( Hina )

[ Lower your voice Hina, Hatsuko is sleeping outside! ] ( Haruto )

[ I can't-AAH it's so big and it feels good! ] ( Hina )

[ Hey, hey do me next! ( Kanae )

[ Kiss me nchu ] ( Ren )

Even though they were trying to be quiet, I could still hear them.

It was like they were right next to my ear.

My hearing has gotten really good ever since my status started growing and my abilities improved.

I didn't want to bother with these noises I was hearing so I created some earplugs with "Materialization" to block my hearing.

The moment I put them on everything became quiet again.

I didn't need to worry about danger since I had my "Presence detection" on maximum.

I could tell if there were any life forms in more than 6 km range.

I could sense some weak monsters but they were far from here so I didn't need to worry.

I could even use this skill while sleeping.

.....

....

..

.

.

* * *

The morning finally came!

The first ones to wake up was Haruto and the other girls who were sleeping with him in the same tent.

Hatsuko was still sleeping while laying his body on the tree with Shiro on his shoulder.

The group of four had breakfast really fast and packed their things.

Kanae was still a bit sleepy so she decided to do some stretching to wake herself up.

[ Should we wake Hatsuko up as well? ] ( Haruto )

He said while scratching his head.

[ Well I don't mind if we leave him here! ] ( Hina )

[ We can't do that, we said we'd help him until we reach the underground city! ] ( Haruto )

Hina averted her eyes while blushing after hearing the kindness of Harutos words.

When Haruto approached Hatsuko he remembered the strong grip of his hand when he tried to wake up Hatsuko yesterday.

He didn't want to make the same mistake as yesterday so this time he decided to call out his name.

[ Oi... Hatsuko! Wake up! ] ( Haruto )

...

[ We're about to leave! ] ( Haruto )

But Hatsuko didn't seem to wake up at all.

He called out his name a few more times but he didn't react at all.

" Why isn't he waking up? Is he in deep sleep? "

That is what Haruto thought at that moment.

Hina noticed that Hatsuko wasn't waking up.

She got pissed off by the fact Haruto was trying to wake him up and trying to help him, but he never showed any signs of gratitude at all.

[ Geez Haruto, if you want to wake up a pig you should do it like this! ] ( Hina )

[ W-WAIT don- ] ( Haruto)

Hina rushed towards Hatsuko while saying that. She tried to kick Hatsuko with her kick.

Haruto tried to stop her but he failed to do so.

Hina directed her kick towards his head but she misdirected her aim towards the white cat which was sleeping on Hatsuko's shoulder.

But she still didn't care about that at all.

But before her kick reached Hatsuko and Shiro...

[ KYAA ] ( Hina )

Hatsuko had managed to grab her leg some centimeters away from Shiro.

Hina fell down while she had her leg grabbed by Hatsuko.

Hatsuko realized what Hina was about to do.

His sleepy expression changed into a different one.

He was pissed off.

He threw away the leg which he had grabbed.

Hina stood up again.

[ W-what the hell do you think you're doing?! ] ( Hina )

Hatsuko didn't respond.

He started glaring at her with a furious look on his face. Her legs started trembling with fear. Everyone else was also stiffened by the fact that they didn't know what might happen next.

[ W-whats with that l-look on your face? HUH? Do you know who we are? We are ability holder and we could kill you any time we want! ] ( Hina )

Haruto and the two other girls tried to calm down Hina. Haruto didn't want to start a fight with someone else so he apologized to Hatsuko for Hina's behavior.

[ I'm really sorry about this Hatsuko! ] ( Haruto )

Hatsuko wasn't responding.

" He must be really upset from this since he isn't talking at all" Haruto thought.

At that moment Hatsuko moved Shiro at the back of his hood. After that, he put both of his fingers on his ears and took something green and transparent out of his ears.

" Huh? Earplugs? "Haruto thought with a surprised face.

46