Their true strength! – chapter 40
2.2k 1 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That cunt Hina tried to kick me and Shiro!

I grabbed her leg instinctively before it reached Shiro.

I threw her leg away from me and she fell down.

As I was burning with rage I removed my earplugs and got up. I did my best to hide my killing intent.

Hina got up as she calmed down a little after Ren tried to talk to her.

I could see the face of Hina. She was looking away with an angry face.

But before I was about to say something Haruto started apologizing.

[ I'm really sorry for what Hina did to you! ] ( Haruto)

He apologized instead of her.

I really wanted to break all of her fingers one by one and let her get eaten alive slowly by some monster.

...

I need to calm down.

Firstly I should let them show me the way to the closest city.

[ It's not my fault that he wasn't waking up even though Haruto was calling out his name! Hmph! ] ( Hina )

She said that while holding the same position as before. She was crossing her arms and she had her eyes closed.

[ She doesn't really mean that, Hatsuko! We were about to head back to the city so I was trying to wake you up. Once again, I'm really sorry! ] ( Haruto )

Since they are a group of four that means the city is close by. No one would go on a suicidal trip with just these few people.

Even I found it a bit weird that my presence detection skill barely detected any strong monsters.

That means there should be a city here! But where?

Oh right! They mentioned that the city was called UGC "Underground City".

[ Uh... Hatsuko? ] ( Haruto)

Maybe the city was under my feet this whole time without realizing it.

That also would explain why there weren't any powerful monsters nearby.

[ H-Hatsuko! ] ( Haruto)

Hm?

I noticed Haruto who was calling out my name.

I made eye contact with him.

[ What is it? ] ( Hatsuko)

I already knew what he wanted but I asked him anyway.

[ We were about to head to UGC... and you can join us if you want! ] ( Haruto)

Even though I hate to do this, I have to follow them.

I don't know how powerful that city is and I don't know its exact location so I have to rely on them.

[ Okay, lead the way. ] ( Hatsuko)

I said with a voice that wasn't angry but neither soft.

[ You better be grateful for having us protect you from the wild monsters! ] ( Hina)

...

[ Come on Hina, don't be like that! Hehehe ] ( Kanae )

...

Haruto started scratching the back of his head while making a wryly smile. Ren also was near him with a dull expression on her face.

.....

...

..

.

* * * *

The formation of our group was simple. Haruto and Kanae were in the front, the other girls were behind them. And lastly, me, who was behind everyone.

I didn't mind at all if they fight monsters as long as it's not a powerful one.

Of course, I don't intend to protect them! All I need are the orientation to the city.

As we continued to walk I started working on a plan on my head in case they try to deceive or try to kill me.

In the first place, it is really weird the fact that they are trying to help a stranger who they just met in a forest full of monsters.

Also, there is another thing I have realized.

I somehow can think faster and into more details than before.

Is it because my INT has increased a lot?

...

Hm?

I sensed a monster 200 meters away which was coming towards us. I don't know what kind of monster it is but I could feel how powerful it was.

They don't seem to be wary of that monster.

The monster was weak so it's not something I need to worry about. Maybe they also consider that monster very weak so they decided to not bother with it.

The monster got closer to us.

100 meters...

80 meters...

50 meters...

20 meters...

And now I could hear the noises made by that monster on the bushes in front of us.

[ Everyone stop for a moment! ] ( Haruto)

He said while showing a sign with his hand to have us not to make any sounds.

I also stayed behind everyone.

I was a bit curious to see how powerful they were.

From the bushes, a big black bear came out. He was a bit similar to the bear I first fought.

[ It can't be! Why is a black bear on this zone?! ] ( Hina )

Everyone got into their positions. Haruto was trembling a little. It wasn't that noticeable from the girl's perspective. Since I had 10X eyes skill, I could clearly see him.

What's so scary about that weak monster?

I checked the status of that monster.

.

——————————

Species: Black bear

Gender: Female

Health: 5000/5000

STR: 1000

MC: 503

AGI: 199

VIT: 4000

DEF: 1800

Condition: Hungry

Skills: ( Paw smash ) ( Poison bite ) ( Air slash ) ( Growl of hunger )

——————————

.

As I expected! It's not that strong.

What about them?

.

——————————

Name: Haruto

Species: Human

Gender: Male

Health: 590/590

STR: 630

MC: 146

AGI: 879

VIT: 499

DEF: 768

Condition: Healthy

Skills: ( Air slash ) ( Martial arts ) ( Full breath )

——————————

.

Huh? Haruto is way weaker than this monster!

How the fuck did he survive from all of the monsters?

Wait!

Hina said, "Why is a black bear on this zone?"

Does that mean there aren't any strong monsters here?

But why? is it because of the underground city?

What about the status of the others?

.

——————————

Name: Ren

Species: Human

Gender: Female

Health: 357/357

STR: 128

MC: 787

AGI: 112

VIT: 345

DEF: 776

Condition: Healthy

Skills: ( Barrier ) ( Boost support ) ( Fireballs)

——————————

.

——————————

Name: Hina

Species: Human

Gender: Female

Health: 320/320

STR: 132

MC: 657

AGI: 87

VIT: 134

DEF: 100

Condition: Healthy

Skills: ( Fireball ) ( Float ) ( Heal )

——————————

.

Both Hina and Ren seem to have similar statuses except for their skills.

Even though I could use "Life draining" to heal myself I still want that skill "Heal" Hina had!

But will my skill work against other humans?

.

——————————

Name: Kanae

Species: Human

Gender: Female

Health: 569/569

STR: 621

MC: 78

AGI: 867

VIT: 450

DEF: 800

Condition: Healthy

Skills: ( Air slash ) ( Martial arts ) ( Limit break)

——————————

.

Even Kanae had similar status to Haruto.

Is this all they have?

And they're trying to protect me with their shitty status!

Are they making fun of me?

48