The Black Bears Attack – chapter 41
2.1k 3 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don't really plan on helping them from that monster.

I'm sure the black bear sensed them from far away and decided to attack them.

But why do monsters attack other humans?

This is what I think. Monsters get stronger each time they eat another monster. In the monster's eyes, humans are the same as other monsters. They can't tell the difference between them.

Right now Haruto and Kanae were on the frontlines. They don't seem to be carrying any weapons.

Oh right!

They both had a skill called "Martial Arts"

Will they fight that monster barehanded?

Ren and Hina were a bit further behind them. And I was at the very back of the group.

While the monster was coming closer, Haruto looked behind him at Hina and called out her name.

[ Hina! ] ( Haruto )

[ I know! ] ( Hina )

Hina nodded while she said that.

They understood each other with only a few words.

Do they have some kind of plan?

Before the monster could get any closer, Hina started attacking the monster with fireballs without moving from her position.

The fireballs reached the black bears' face but it didn't do much damage.

No wait, she knows that that attack won't hurt the bear so she aimed for its face intentionally to block its eyes and distract it.

At that moment Haruto and Kanae rushed towards the monster. As they were getting closer to it, they got into both sides of the bear. Haruto was into its right side and Kanae into its left one.

They both jumped and high kicked the bear's neck from both sides.

**Thump**

Seeing that their kicks didn't do anything they used the body of the monster as an object to push themselves away from it.

[ Its skin is so tough! Kanae ] (Haruto)

After taking some distance he made eye contact with Kanae.

They both nodded with each other. They didn't seem to need any words to understand what they wanted to do.

The monster now was even more pissed by the fact it didn't get to catch its prey.

Haruto ran at full speed to that monster.

The black bear got into both its feet and stood up.

His body now looked even bigger than before.

After dodging one of its paws which was aimed towards him, Haruto suddenly stopped. Now the bear had its focus on Haruto. But at that moment Kanae came from behind Haruto and jumped high enough to reach the monster's head.

She swung her leg and a curved blade made out of air was created up from that.

She must have used "Air slash"

The attack managed to reach the monster but it couldn't manage to cut through all the way into that bear's skin.

His wound healed really fast and what was left was the hairless part of the body in the shape of that slash where the wound was a bit moments ago.

[it's not working! What do we do now? ] ( Kanae )

She asked Haruto as they were both getting some distance from the monster.

Haruto had a worried look on his face. His and Kanae's attacks weren't strong enough to injure the black bear that badly.

[ I also don't think I have much energy left... ]( Hina )

Hina was also exhausted from using that many fireballs. She was panting as she had run with all of her might. But she still continued to shoot fireballs at the monster's face.

[ Everyone! ] ( Ren )

Looking at them struggling, Ren made a transparent barrier big enough who would fit a few people around it.

[ For now, we should head back and regroup! ] ( Haruto )

[ Alright! ] ( Kanae)

They both ran towards the barrier where me and everyone else were. At those moments Hina ran out of energy to distract the bear.

The monster regained its concentration and noticed Haruto and Kanae who were running away from her.

( Authors note: "her" is the black bear. Don't judge me, I know that I need to improve my grammar! XD )

The black bear started chasing them. The monster's big and heavy steps could be heard from here.

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

It is clear that the monster is really angry that they were trying to run away after trying to attack her.

But they managed to get inside the barrier before the monster could catch any of them.

[ We have to escape from here! ] ( Ren )

The bear finally reached the barrier and started using its paws to crush it. The barrier started cracking.

[ Hina can you use your Fireballs again? ] ( Haruto )

He asked while looking at Hina. Sweat was running down his face.

[ haa haa... S-sorry I don't think I can... ] ( Hina)

She answered him while she was trying to control her breathing.

The monster continued to hit the barrier with its paws. As the more that monster was hitting it, the more cracks appeared on the barrier's surface.

[ Guys we need to get out of here soon! ] ( Ren )

It was surprising that no one wasn't injured. But they're all exhausted, Ren also was barely managing to hold up the barrier.

Haruto was trying to think of a plan, Kanae was next to him waiting for him, Ren was also trying not to let the barrier get destroyed and Hina was panting.

And finally, the barrier shattered into pieces.

[ Everyone Run!! ] ( Haruto )

He said that as he caught Ren before she could fall on the group from using all of her power to hold the barrier.

Haruto princess carried her as he started running. Kanae was also beside him.

I didn't move from where I was. I never planned on helping them any way.

[ Guys w-wai- KYA ] ( Hina)

She tripped and fell to the ground near me.

The monster got also closer noticing us who weren't running away.

She didn't have much energy left to get up.

[ Huh? HINA! ] ( Haruto)

After hearing her voice, Haruto turned around and saw Hina who was laying on the ground.

[ HINAAA! I'm going back, Kanae! ] ( Haruto)

He said that while he was trying to hand Ren over to Kanae.

[ No I don't want you to die! ] ( Kanae)

She didn't allow him to help Hina.

[ S-she w-will die! I have to go! ] ( Haruto)

The bear finally got closer, he also saw the others who were some meters away from here.

RROOOOAAAAAR ]

Everyone stopped moving.

Huh?

It must have used its skill to make its targes temporarily paralyzed.

All they could do was watch as one after another was about to die.

The only one standing was me and the monster.

Well, they are all useless to me now. With all of the information I have gathered until now, I might find the city somehow. I think the city is supposed to be somewhere near this area.

I have no more use for them.

But before leaving I wouldn't mind watching them get eaten alive. Especially Hina, I wonder what Haruto's reaction would be when he watches his loved one get eaten in front of him.

[ H-Hina... ] ( Haruto )

Haruto was struggling to move his body, but that was useless.

Well, I think I should move from here as well.

When I tried to move I noticed something that had grabbed my leg.

I looked down. It was Hina.

So you're trying to get me killed as well?

As I was about to cut off her arm, the bear got near my ear and Roared again.

Since its skill didn't work on me before, she tried it again, but this time right on my fucking ear.

ROOOOOAAAAAAA- *BOOM*

[ Shut up! ] ( Hatsuko)

I used a fireball to shut her mouth.

Half of its upper body was completely gone.

[ Wha...? ] ( Haruto)

{ Skill unlocked: "Clone" }

Oh, I got a new skill.

Everyone had surprised faces.

Hina and Ren had passed out. Kanae was speechless and Haruto was looking at the monster in which half of its body was blown off by me.

What kind of skill is this?

{ "Clone" you can make clones of yourself based on INT }

I see... I need to experiment with this skill later.

At this point, I would have let everyone get eaten by the monster.

I instinctively shot a Fireball at it the moment the monster got closer to me.

 

48