Underground City – chapter 42
2.1k 1 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some seconds later, the paralyzing effects of the monster's skill were finally over.

Haruto rushed towards the unconscious Hina who was near me.

[ H-Hina! Are you okay?! ] ( Haruto )

He held her head into his arms. He started checking if she had any injury on her body.

Kanae also came here while carrying Ren in her arms. Ren was unconscious as well.

[ Don't worry, she's just asleep! ] ( Kanae )

As he heard that, he hugged her tight into his body.

[ Is that so... I couldn't do anything to save her. I'm so glad that she is okay! ] ( Haruto )

He lifted Hina up and looked into my eyes. He had a serious expression on his face.

Is he angry by the fact I didn't help sooner?

I never planned on helping him to begin with.

[ Hatsuko! Thank you so much for saving her!! ] ( Haruto)

He shut his eyes when he said that.

[ Did you actually do that? ] ( Kanae )

She asked me with a doubting face.

[ Kanae you're being rude to him! If it wasn't for him, Hina would have died! ] ( Haruto )

Haruto snapped back at Kanae.

[ I'm sorry about her behavior! ] ( Haruto )

Once again Haruto apologized instead of his harem.

I didn't feel like talking at all.

Even though I killed the monster, now I'm actually kind of regretting it. Maybe I should kill them now!

[ But really, why was such a powerful monster here? This zone is even surveyed by the city's cameras.

Usually, they keep them away with ultrasounds... ] ( Haruto )

He said while still carrying Hina on his back.

It seems like he was lost in his thoughts.

But wait this zone is being surveyed by cameras?

Did the cameras catch me killing that monster?

Maybe... not killing Haruto and his girls was a good choice. I wouldn't want to have trouble with an entire city just because I killed someone.

[ Where are the cameras? ] ( Hatsuko )

Hearing my question, Haruto came back to reality from his thoughts.

[ Oh, the cameras should be around these trees up there! ] ( Haruto )

Telling me that, he looked up into a tree that had a camera with broken lenses. Wires were cut and the body of the camera was scratched by something. In some specific places, holes were visible. On the cut wires, the electric flow was coming out in sparklings shapes.

[ Huh? What? ] ( Haruto)

The shocked Haruto looked at the broken camera. Even Kanae was a bit worried.

He looked into another tree that had a camera on it.

That camera was in the same condition as this one.

[ What happened to them?! ] ( Haruto)

[ Maybe a monster did that?! ] ( Kanae)

[ No, the monsters would usually stay away from this place since there are ultrasounds being always released by those cameras! ] ( Haruto )

He explained to Kanae.

Well, I don't care at all about those cameras since it would have been troublesome to reveal my powers.

I don't know how powerful the humans in this city are. So, for now, I should keep quiet about it.

[ Haaa... for now we should go to the guilds city and notify them about this. ] ( Haruto )

I followed them quietly towards the underground city.

.....

....

...

..

.

.

* * * *

After walking for some minutes they finally stopped. In front of us was a big hill made out of rock. It was about 170 meters high. The first thought that this place gave to me, was that this hill was made for rock climbing sports.

But there were no people here, no entrance to the city, or any sign that a city was here. Did they lose their way to the city?

Haruto placed his hand on a weird rock on the wall of the hill. He was carrying Hina on his back when he did that.

What is he trying to do?

[ Confirmed! ]

The voice of a woman was heard near Haruto.

At that moment the wall of the hill started opening. Two big doors appeared which were sliding open.

This must be the entrance.

Inside there, was a big white room. In there it could fit about 50 people without a problem.

[ Let's go in! ] ( Haruto )

He said to us.

[ What is that? ] ( Hatsuko )

I still don't know if he actually plans on sending me to the city or tricking me into some kind of trap. He must know that I'm stronger than him after killing that monster in front of him.

[ Oh, this is an elevator! It will send us to the underground where the city is! ] ( Haruto )

Everyone already got inside that room. I still didn't know if it actually was an elevator or not. But still, I should prepare something in case they try something suspicious.

I created a transparent armor around my body. That wasn't visible with the naked eyes since it's too slim. I put most of my energy into creating that with "Materialization".

I also walked inside the elevator. The doors closed and the whole room started moving down. I could feel this whole room going down. In front of us was a screen which showed two words "Up" and "Down". Haruto had already pressed the button "Down".

...

The elevator finally stopped after 1 minute and from our backs, the doors started opening.

[ Oh, we're finally here! ] ( Kanae )

I turned around and saw the view of the city. It was completely different from what I had thought.

Instead of a dark place with a cave-like ceiling, a realistic sky was there.

Are they using some kind of screen to make the sky so realistic?

Buildings, roads, cars, people everywhere. They were living their ordinary lives as nothing had happened at all.

We walked out of the elevator and went straight to where the entrance of the city was. Some armed guards were near there.

After we approached them, they showed our way into some kind of gate that scanned our bodies.

After that, a man with some kind of white uniform approached us.

[ Do you have some identifications? ]

The man asked Haruto.

Haruto took a card out of his pocket and showed it to him.

The man showed a surprised face.

[ I see! What about you? ]

The man directed the question to us.

[ Oh, they are with me! Also, we found a survivor. His name is Hatsuko! ] ( Haruto )

The man started rubbing his chin with his hand while he was staring at me.

[ Hm... Alright, he needs to go to the Civil Status Office to apply for his ID card! ]

The man explained to Haruto.

[ Alright, we got it! ] ( Haruto)

We walked through the entrance of the city with no problems.

Ren and Hina were still asleep. Haruto got out his phone and started calling someone.

[ Ah, yes to the entrance of the city! ] ( Haruto )

From what he was talking on his phone, it seems like he was asking for a taxi to get here.

After 10 minutes a long black car arrived here.

[ Oh, finally here! ] ( Kanae )

At first, I didn't pay any mind to that Limo since I was looking into the distance for a car with a "Taxi" sign on it.

But wait a Limo? Is Haruto rich?

Everyone got inside it without complaining. They laid Ren and Hina near their seats.

The Limo inside was quite spacious. The windows were dark and nothing could be seen what's on the inside from the outsides perspective. The temperature was normal and the seats were comfortable.

It's been some time since the last time I sat at something this comfortable.

Looking through the windows, children, and adults could be seen walking on the sidewalks. They all were living here as if the monsters never existed.

Some time had passed without noticing it. The driver of the limo finally stopped driving in front of a big mansion.

....

..

* * * *

The inside of that mansion was big. Ren and Hina were unconscious in different rooms of the mansion.

Haruto and Kanae showed me the way to the living room.

After Haruto told all of the other servants to leave us alone we sat down to some modern looking sofa chairs. Haruto and Kanae were sitting in the same looking chairs from the other way of the table where I was sitting.

[ I once more, I want to thank you for saving our lives! Thank you! ] ( Haruto )

[ Thank you! ] ( Kanae )

They both were serious about this.

[ Also could I ask you about that skill you used to kill the black bear? ] ( Haruto )

He asked me with enthusiastic eyes.

[ That was Fireball. ] ( Haruto )

[ Fireball skill! That's amazing! I have seen Hina and Ren use it before but I have never seen it that powerful! ] ( Haruto )

[ I see... ] ( Hatsuko )

Is my skill different from them?

I know that my power constantly increases every time I drain the life of the monsters. That is one of my trump cards. I don't know the exact extent of that skill yet but I still plan on using it if things get dangerous...

46