First night at the mansion – chapter 43
2.2k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ So what are you going to do now? ] ( Haruto )

As I was lost in thoughts he asked me.

Firstly I need to gather some information about the current situation of the world right now. I also have no money, no place to spend the night.

Hm...

[ Well, firstly I need to find a place to stay... ] ( Hatsuko )

As I was thinking I talked to myself with a quiet voice without noticing it.

[ Ah you don't have to worry about that! We can spare a free room for you here! ] ( Haruto )

Did he hear me?

Well, that doesn't matter! Having a free room for some time doesn't sound that bad except for the fact that I'm going to stay in the same house as these fuckers.

In front of me was Haruto who was waiting for my response.

His eyes were sparkling with admiration.

What is wrong with him?

[ Sure... ] ( Hatsuko )

I don't need to thank him for letting me stay here! I spared his life after all!

If it wasn't for me, he would have died by that monster.

Now next is money. Is there any quick way to earn money?

I don't have time to work on any work with low payment.

Maybe I should ask him again...

[ Haruto. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Y-YES! ] ( Haruto )

He responded with an unexpected tone.

That was an interesting reaction.

I could already tell that he is expecting something from me. Even the way he talks to me is different from the moment we first met.

[ Is there a way to earn money in this city for ability holders? ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Ah yes, you can apply to be a hunter in the guild! ] ( Haruto )

A hunter... I think I heard this before from them. This is like a game where you kill monsters and bring their skin, claws, bones as materials to the guild.

[ Where is it located? ] ( Hatsuko )

[It's in the center of the city! It's not that far away from here but you can still get lost easily if you don't know the way around here. But you don't have to worry about that! I can give you a map! ] ( Haruto )

[ ... ] ( Hatsuko )

I don't care what kind of monster I have to kill as long as I get the money I need.

[ Even though you have this mansion, why were you outside this city? ] ( Hatsuko )

This is one of the questions I was a bit curious about. From what it looks like, Haruto is rich. But why would he be outside of the city?

[ Oh you see, Me, Kanae, Ren lost our parents from that disaster... Even though this might sound a little stupid, we wanted to get stronger!

Strong enough to kill all of those monsters!

We accepted a request from the guild to find a missing hunter. But then we found you and brought you here.] ( Haruto )

I see...

This guy is an idiot!

Well, not that it matters to me though.

Anyway...I won't pry into his personal reasons anymore. From the very beginning, they were a bunch of kids playing around, not knowing the true danger of those monsters.

[ But still, I was surprised to know you weren't a hunter! With that power, you could get anything you want! ] ( Haruto )

That is true.

I have changed from what I used to be.

I have gained power enough to kill powerful monsters.

And I will use this strength to get whatever I want! And I won't let anyone get in my way!

I won't forgive anyone!

Even if it meant burning them to death!

[ H-Hatsuko! Y-you're kind of showing an s-scary face... ] ( Haruto )

Oh... my killing intent leaked a bit...

....

.....

....

..

.

* * * *

Right now I'm laying on a comfortable bed in one of the rooms of this mansion.

This room is too big to be called a bedroom. It has a big window with a view of the garden full of flowers. A big TV is placed on the wall, it doesn't have a remote controller since you can control it using only your voice. This room has a table and some chairs where you can eat some meals. This room has also a fridge full of drinks and snacks.

The first thing I'm gonna do in the morning is, going to the guild and register as a Hunter.

Oh, now that I think about it. I think I got a new skill called "clone".

I didn't notice any cameras in this room. I don't need to worry about hiding my skills.

Status!

.

——————————

Name: Hatsuko Gee

Gender: Male

Age: 17

Health: 91.960/91.960

STR: 10.987

MC (mental capacity): 11.987

AGI: 38.754

VIT: 14.072

DEF: 26.049

Soul collected: 9.999/10.000

Condition: Healthy,

Skills: ( Materialisation ), ( Air slash ) ( The eyes of see-through ) ( Rage ) ( Berserk of Gluttony ) ( Presence detection) ( Night Vision ) ( Fireball ) ( Marionette ) ( Auto fight ) ( Poison Resistance ) ( Illusion) ( Life Draining ) ( Telekinesis ) ( Limit breaker ) ( killing intent ) ( Boost ) ( X10 eyes ) ( Aura sense )( Eyes of destructing ) ( telepathy ) ( Clone ), etc

——————————

.

I got up from the bed.

My status points have risen a bit and also I got a new skill called "Clone"

I thought about making a clone while shutting my eyes closed.

...

I slowly opened my eyes.

In front of me was...

Myself!

No wait, I can see myself from two different points of view!

I could see my clone in front of me as clearly as me seeing myself, using the clone's eyes.

That was a bit weird looking at myself like that.

This skill not only creates a perfect copy of me but I can also share my consciousness with it. It's not that hard to control both of my bodies at the same time, but it feels really weird doing it.

After confirming my skill I laid on the bed.

...

.....

...

..

.

* * * *

I was woken up by a maid this morning.

Of course, I noticed her coming this way before she could even knock on the door.

The maid herself was quite young. Around 16 years old.

The moment I felt her presence getting closer I prepared my drain skill without noticing that I wasn't in the wild with the other monsters anymore.

This has gotten a habit of me ever since I first slept out there. The first night there was as if my 6th senses were awakened. I could hear all kinds of different monsters from all around me.

But just because I'm not out there, doesn't mean I should leave my guard down!

...

While eating breakfast, Haruto and Kanae were on the other way of the table feeding each other and flirting. Both their cheeks were red.

After finishing breakfast I headed towards the guild to register myself as a hunter!

I had the map which Haruto had given to me. It was an advanced phone with the Map functions. It could show every inch of the city showed on the map.

After walking for about 25 minutes I finally found a huge building called "UGC Guild"

 

46