Hunter Guild – Chapter 44
2.1k 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I first entered this city, everyone's gazes were focused on me. At first, I didn't understand why, but after Haruto mentioned my dirty and ripped clothes I finally understood.

Actually, I hate to say this but Haruto did me a big favor by giving me some new clothes I could wear. I've been wearing the same clothes for months. I never got the chance to wash myself or my clothes on some river I would usually find in the wild since it was filled with different monsters that lived there.

Killing them wasn't a problem but they were a lot in numbers and I couldn't find the time to do my things.

Yesterday I took my first shower after a while. Of course, Shiro was also with me when I washed myself. She didn't seem to hate water as I've always heard about cats hating water.

Right now I'm entering the Guild of this city. Shiro is in my back, on the hood of my shirt. Ever since the first time I met her, she was always sleeping but now she seems healthier. Even now, she is sliding her head out of my hood, looking around.

[ You don't seem like a hunter! Are you looking for someone? ]

Before I could enter through the door I was asked by some guy with a black costume. He had black hair and sharp eyes. Near his blue tie was his name tag "John Lim" and under it was something written "U.G.C.G".

He must be an employee of this guild.

[ No, I want to register myself as a hunter. ] ( Hatsuko )

I answered him.

[ Is that so *Sigh* ]

He let out a long sigh while opening the door's entrance for me.

[ Good luck with that then, you're gonna need it! ]

I entered inside without paying any mind to his words.

This place was rather full of people. Mostly were men around from 20 to 40 years old, based on their appearance.

Rarely were any females around. There were also tables around and waiters serving them food and drinks to them.

Does this place also serve as a bar?

In the middle of this place was the front desk where a girl with brown hair was standing there.

Oh, that must be the receptionist of this guild.

As I was approaching the desk where the receptionist was, a man with a sniper on his back got in front of me.

[ Hey! What's a kid like you doing here?! ]

His voice sounded irritated.

Everyone else who was near inside this place had their attention towards us.

I didn't want to bother myself with him so I decided to ignore him.

I walked past him.

A weak killing intent came out of him as a result.

It seems he holds some kind of grudge against people who are younger than him. Doesn't people around my age also have the right to become a hunter?

No, Haruto would have said so. He and his gang were registered as hunters.

[ I want to register as a hunter here! ] ( Hatsuko )

I said to the receptionist after arriving at the front desk.

After hearing my words, the girl's expression turned into a troubled one.

[ Haa?! Are you fucking serious? ]

The same person with the sniper on his back approached me again.

His voice echoed into this place.

Everyone else became quiet.

Does he have some kind of problem with me being a hunter?

[ Please calm down sir! I will explain everything to him. ]

The girl at the front desk managed to calm that guy down with a smile on her face.

I could see that the influence of this place was managed by the girl at the main desk. Everyone seemed to listen to her.

That's their work after all.

[ Now, you wanted to register as a hunter right? ]

I looked at her nametag.

Her name was Lena.

[ Yes, is there a problem with that? ] ( Hatsuko )

Lena took again a full look of me.

She showed a troubled look again.

[ There actually are! Firstly you need to have a capable ability or to be a skilled gunner! And based on your looks, it doesn't seem you have any experience in fighting. ] ( Lena )

I see, they are judging me because I don't hold any kind of weapon

I usually fight using "materialization" so I don't really need to hold any kind of weapons with me all the time.

I created my usual katana using "Materialization" and showed it to the girl.

[ Eh? ] ( Lena )

She let out a surprised voice.

[ This is my weapon! Do I have the qualifications to register now? ] ( Hatsuko )

I asked her.

I don't plan on showing everyone my other abilities. That might put me at a big disadvantage by doing that.

[ Oh, so you are an ability holder! ] ( Lena )

[ Yes. ] ( Hatsuko )

After confirming the transparent katana which I was holding in my hand she handed me out a paper sheet.

[ Firstly I'm gonna need an ID card and please fill this up! ] ( Lena )

The paper had information that I needed to fill.

.

——————————

Name: Hatsuko

Age: 17

Gender: Male

Ability: Katana holder

Class: ...

Experience: Yes

——————————

.

I wrote correctly my name, age, gender, experience except my ability. I didn't want to specify that I could materialize anything I wanted.

And also there was this " Class".

I didn't understand what it stood for so I left it empty.

[ We will decide about your class after we test your ability so you don't need to write anything on that. ] ( Lena )

Noticing me who was staring at my information on the paper, She explained about the class part which I had left empty.

[ Now, I also need an ID card to confirm your information. ] ( Lena )

Oh right, I forgot that I needed an ID card.

[ I lost mine before I came to this country. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Oh, in that case, you need to go to the "Civil Status Office" to reapply for one. ] ( Lena )

[ Alright. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Also you can leave this here until you come back with your ID card! ] ( Lena )

She said so about the information on the paper sheet.

* * *

When Hatsuko turned around, Lena noticed a white ball of fur on his hood. She decided to ignore it.

As Hatsuko was going outside of the guild, the front desk girl Lena, took a look at the information which Hatsuko had written.

She showed a shocked face the moment she saw the part where Hatsuko had written about his experience.

[ Wait, that young boy has experience with fighting? ] ( Lena )

"He must have lied about that part! There's no way he has experience in real battle fights. A lot of new people come here, pretending that they have experience just to get their license as a hunter.

That's obvious that he doesn't have any!" Lena thought

 

....

...

..

* * *

Haa...

This is so troublesome...

I took out the device which Haruto had given to me.

I typed on the search part " Civil Status Office".

Oh! It's not that far away from here.

While I was walking as the map was telling me to, I looked at all the people around me who were living their ordinary lives happily.

The device which I was holding started vibrating. Some kind of information was shown on the screen "C.S.O is 20 meters straight from here"

.............

.........

......

....

..

.

.

* * * *

The procedure to reapply was rather fast. It didn't even take one hour.

All they needed was my full name and a picture of me.

My ID was already on the system.

I also didn't need to pay anything for my ID card. After confirming my information I went back to the guild.

I entered again into the guild and walked towards the receptionist to show her my ID card.

Even this time I noticed the stares of everyone towards me.

It was really annoying. But I held in my anger and decided to calmly go to the front desk girl.

I showed her my ID card.

[ Alright, come this way please. ] ( Lena )

I followed her without asking any questions.

She also had the information on the paper sheet which I had written before.

We entered through a thick glassed door.

It wasn't a normal room, it was a huge field surveyed by cameras.

A man who was wearing sporty clothes was there. He was doing some stretchings.

[ This is where you're gonna take the test. Based on your match with Mr. James you will get your class. ] ( Lena )

I see, so all I have to do is beat that guy.

The receptionist explained to me the rules which were:

——————————

1. The first person who falls on the ground loses.

2. You can give up by saying "Give up" or raising your left hand.

3. If you are injured badly, the fight is over.

4. Any kind of tricks are allowed.

——————————

Those were the only rules which Lena explained to me.

[ Oh a young kid this time? ] ( James )

The man who was doing some stretchings before noticed me and Lena.

[ Well it doesn't matter, let's finish this quickly! ] ( James )

50