James vs Hatsuko – chapter 45
2.1k 4 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Lena finished explaining the rules to me, she went behind a wall made out of 2 meters thick glass to watch the match in a safe zone.

[ We can start whenever you're ready kid. You can pick any of those weapons over there. ] ( James )

He pointed his finger to a desk full of different kinds of weapons like knives, swords, guns, bulletproof, RPG etc. This desk was located near the thick glassed shield where Lena was standing.

Isn't he going to use any kind of weapon?

Does he have some kind of special ability or is he just confident about fighting against me?

I decided to check out his status.

.

──────────

Name: James

Species: Human

Gender: Male

Health: 2100/2100

STR: 879

MC: 133

AGI: 1888

VIT: 700

DEF: 768

Condition: Healthy

Skills: ( Accel ) ( Short Leap )

──────────

.

I see, he is quite different from the other people's, status that I have seen.

Now I see where his confidence comes from.

But still, he's underestimating me.

[ Aren't you going to use any weapon? ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Hahaha Don't worry about me! All I need are these ] ( James )

He showed me his fists as he said that to me.

[ Alright, let's start then! ] ( Hatsuko )

I didn't need to pick any weapons from the desk.

[ Hoo?! Quite cocky aren't you? ] ( James )

The distance between us was about 15 meters.

He clenched both of his fists and lowered his body into a stance as if he was about to run towards me.

I kept my calm and stood as I was before.

He also had two different skills "Accel" and "Short leap".

They both were speed type of skills.

When he realized that I was being too calm about this match, he showed an irritated look.

[ We'll see if you'll still have the same expression on your face as now! ] ( James )

The moment he finished talking he disappeared.

I still could feel his presence though.

He appeared right behind me. There were no sounds made from his steps, only a swoosh air like sound.

He must have used "Short Leap"

When I still was at Sakuru, I once heard about an ability that could transport the user somewhere near. I couldn't remember his name but I'm sure it had the same name "Short Leap"

When he was about to high kick at the back of my head, I slightly moved forward.

A whoosh sound was made from his kick.

[ Tsk! ] ( James )

He clicked his tongue the moment he missed his attack.

He disappeared again and in the split of the second, he appeared again in front of me.

His foot came flying towards my chin.

I tilted my body backward on purpose to dodge it without moving too much.

James took some distance away from me the moment I dodged his attack.

[ Why aren't you fighting back? Or are you too shocked by my speed? ] ( James )

He provoked me with a smirk on his face.

I see how it is...

He must have thought that I have some kind of luck to dodge two of his attacks.

Fine, I will end this quickly.

* * *

Hatsuko didn't respond to James provocations.

He kept the same stance as before but something different was this time.

"Killing intent"

An intense dark aura filled with killing intent was aimed towards James.

James started feeling dizzy from this and fell on his knees.

He covered his mouth with his hand to prevent himself from puking.

[ Bleeerrgh- cough, Cough ] ( James )

He couldn't hold it in anymore!

He started puking as he was coughing at the same time.

James raised his head again and looked at Hatsuko with a dizzy look on his face.

"T-This kind of killing intent!! I have felt it before... It's the same as... of those monsters out ther... "

James thought while he was trying to stay awake. But he couldn't keep his balance anymore resulting in him passed out.

* * *

James fainted in front of me.

This wasn't that much of a fight compared to the monsters I have fought out there.

I would always use "Killing intent" to the weak monsters to make them stay away from me when I was resting.

Maybe using it on humans causes this kind of result.

From that thick glass, Lena came out running towards James.

[ JAMES!! ] ( Lena )

She called out his name. She brought out her phone and called someone.

[ AH, yes... To the fighting field please! ]

She asked for help.

It didn't take much time until a bunch of guys came and took James somewhere else.

I approached Lena and asked her.

[ So did I pass? ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Eh? Yes, you did, but due to Mr. James fainting from overworking himself, it's gonna be hard to decide your class... You can still register as a hunter but your gonna need to work your way up from class F ] ( Lena )

I see...

From Lena's point of view, I didn't really do much in this fight. All she saw was James feeling ill and suddenly collapsing.

Well, I don't mind starting from F class as long as I register myself as a hunter.

...

Both me and Lena went back to the front desk.

She was still shaking a little bit from what had happened to James.

Does she have some kind of relationship with James?

Well, it doesn't matter to me.

I waited 15 minutes near the front desk for my hunter license card.

She called out my name and handed me my card.

In front of my card had this kind of informations.

.

──────────

Name: Hatsuko Gee

Class: F

Skills: Katana wielder

──────────

.

I turned the card over and saw some kind of code and a chip card attached to it.

[ That code is your key to register your achievements on our guilds system ] ( Lena )

She started explaining to me.

[ You can choose to accept any kind of quest on that screen over there. ] ( Lena )

She pointed her finger towards a screen. Some people were in front of that screen, scrolling and touching the screen.

[ As you can see there, using your card, you can touch one of the quests and it will be automatically registered into your card. There are no prohibitions on what kind of quest you can choose from the screen. The difficulties are applied on every single quest, from F to S. You can choose any of it! After completing the quest you will bring here the proof of your achievement... anything is fine for your proof. You'll earn money based on what kind of material you will bring here. ] ( Lena )

It's not that hard to understand. She also explained to me that I can raise my class as I complete different quests.

44