The guilds manager – chapter 48
2k 0 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I finally arrived in the city.

Before I entered through the 2nd gate of the city I was once again stopped by the guards to have my guild card checked.

The guard was paying more attention to something on his phone rather than me.

I gave him my card while he was on his phone.

He without care, checked my card at the same time as he was looking at his phone.

[ Oh it's you again- ]

It seemed he recognized me.

[ Did you give up on your quest and came ba- WHAT?! ]

As he finally put away his phone, he finally looked at me while he was saying that but he cut off his question with a surprised voice. He pointed his finger towards me with his mouth hanging open.

Is this dude okay?

Based on his reaction, I can tell that quests take longer than this.

I don't know the exact time but I might have finished this quest in about one hour.

He stared at me for a moment and then composed himself.

[ Who is that person you're carrying? ]

[ I found her unconscious out there, she was injured. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ I see... You may enter.

Ah, send her to the guild, she might be one of the missing people.

They can also treat her injuries! ]

I nodded at him.

While he was staring at my bag, I entered through the gate without paying attention to him.

...

When I was walking towards the guild, I noticed the gazes of random people.

I wasn't sure why they were staring at me. Was it because I was carrying someone like this?

What's wrong with them?

Haven't they seen a Hunter before, carrying materials to the guild?

I decided to ignore their gazes.

* * * *

I reached my destination, which was the guild building.

At first, I thought that the situation inside would be a bit different since the other hunters are used to bringing materials with them here.

But their reaction was the same as the people out there.

They were staring at me like I was doing something unusual.

I walked to the receptionist and threw down my bag filled with monster rabbits.

*Thump*

The bag made a loud sound from the impact. The bag itself was heavy... well, not for me since I couldn't tell the difference.

If it were the "me" from the past, it would have been hard lifting this bag but now I could carry this all day long as if I was carrying a bag filled with feathers.

The receptionist looked at me with a shocked expression.

[ Um... This is... ] ( Lena )

[These are the white rabbits that were requested on one of the quests. ] ( Hatsuko )

She didn't reply to me. She was staring at my bag and the girl on my shoulder who I was carrying.

[ Ah right! Please let me see your guild card! ] ( Lena )

I handed her my guild card.

She scanned my card on a device.

A *beep* sound was heard and the quest which I had selected popped up on her monitor.

[ Hm, Your quest was to gather at least 6 "White Rabbit" monsters! ] ( Lena )

I opened my bag and grabbed out by its long ears one of the white rabbits.

[ They are all here in the bag! ] ( Hatsuko )

While showing the rabbit in my hand, I also showed her the bag filled with them.

[ Eh? ] ( Lena )

She again showed a weird surprised face.

After checking the rabbits on the bag and the one on my hand she called someone on the phone.

I couldn't understand her since she was speaking a different language.

[ Could you follow me this way please? ] ( Lena )

I put the rabbit again into my bag and closed it.

While I was still carrying Ichika I grabbed the bag again and followed the receptionist to an elevator.

The elevator stopped on the second floor.

We both entered a room with a different kind of door design than the other doors from this hallway.

[ I've brought him, Manager! ] ( Lena )

Hm?

The manager?

Did I do something wrong on my quest?

[ Oh that's him? Quite the unusual Hunter we have here! ]

He said while putting away his paperwork.

I put down my bag on the floor. I sat on a double armchair. I also put the girl who I was carrying next to me.

The manager and Lena were sitting on the other way, over the table.

As I was staring at the manager he said.

[ Don't worry! We brought you here because of the quest which you have completed! ]

Lena grabbed one of the rabbits out and handed it to the manager.

[ I see, this is quite amazing!

This is the first time I'm seeing a dead monster with no injuries at all!

All of the dead monsters which the hunters bring here, have at least some damages from the fights, leading to a lesser quality of the material! ]

Oh, I see how it is.

Since I used "Life drain" I didn't need to do any physical attack at them.

Well, for now, I need to come up with something to cover this up.

I don't intend to reveal my trump card!

Suddenly I noticed something moving on my neck.

Oh right, Shiro!

I almost forgot about her. She was crawling out of my hood and decided to lay herself on my head.

I let her do whatever she wanted.

Even the manager and Lena decided to ignore her.

[ Now, how did you manage to catch all of them like this? ]

The manager changed his expression into a serious one.

Both Lena and him had all of their attention towards me.

[ I have my ways... ] ( Hatsuko )

[ I see... I understand that you don't want to tell us your ways but that's ok!

...

By the way, I've been meaning to ask but who is that girl over there is? ]

Oh, right.. her.

[ I found her unconscious outside the city. She might be one of the missing people from the quest called Ichika Suzuki! ] ( Hatsuko )

I turned her face towards them so they could take a look at her.

[ [ ICHIKA!!?! ] ]

Both the manager and Lena got up and called out her name with a loud voice.

48