Ichika’s father – chapter 49
2k 10 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The manager called help using the office's phone. Somehow everyone was in panic as if something had happened.

Is Ichika someone important to them?

We didn't wait much until help came. A man and a woman around their thirties with white uniforms rushed through the door and carried Ichika away into the guild's hospital.

She was carried in a big room where 10 different doctors were examining and healing her at the same time.

Lena, the manager, and me were waiting outside of that room.

I was pretty calm about this since I was the one who brought her here.

But on the other hand, Lena and the manager were really worried.

Especially Lena! Her body was shaking a lot and I could hear her murmuring something. The manager, on the other hand, was just looking at something on the wall with his arms crossed.

Meanwhile, I was lying my back on the wall near them.

After 1 hour, all of the doctors left the room except one nurse.

She got out of the room 10 minutes later than the other doctors and came towards us.

[ How is she? ]

The manager asked her.

[ I-is she okay?! ] ( Lena )

The panicked Lena also asked the nurse.

[ Don't worry! She is going to be okay! ]

[ Hhaaaa... ] ( Lena )

A relieved sigh came out of Lena. Even the manager seemed more different than before. He was in a stiff position for an entire hour.

[ Thank you for saving her... ]

The manager looked at me while he said that.

[ Its Hatsuko.] ( Hatsuko )

[ Right Hatsuko! Thank you ]

The manager thanked me.

[ Thank you Hatsuko! ] ( Lena )

They seem to care a lot for Ichika.

Are they, her relatives?

I find this really weird that the guild's staff members would care so much about a single girl who went missing.

[ ICHIIIIIKAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR PAPI IS HERE FOR YOU!!! ]

At that moment through the corridors, a loud voice was heard. His loud voice and heavy rushing steps were heard everywhere.

Wait... Papi?

It was a shirtless muscular guy with four different katanas on his waist.

[ Where is she?!?!?! ]

Without holding back he grabbed the manager's jacket and asked him.

[ She-she i-is fine, don't worry! ]

Huh?

What's wrong with this guy?

The manager didn't get mad about his behavior. His voice was even stuttering!

[ She just woke right now, you can go and see her inside! ]

The nurse opened the door as she said that.

Everyone including me went inside.

Ichika was laying on the bed while standing on her butt.

[ My little Cutie, are you okay?!?!?! ]

The shirtless guy rushed in and asked Ichika.

[ Yes, Dad! Don't worry! ] ( Ichika )

So he is her dad...

[ How can I not worry when I got a message that my daughter went outside the city with three other Hunters?!

Look at what happened to you!! ]

[ I'm okay! Nothing happened! ] ( Ichika )

Her father seemed to have calmed down a little after confirming her words.

[ How was she found?! ]

Her father directed his question towards the manager.

[ Today I got noticed about a hunter who had caught undamaged white rabbit monsters. I asked that guy to come to my room to discuss about it. She was carried unconsciously to my room by this boy while we were discussing his quest, We were talking for some time, and when I asked him about the injured girl next to him.

That girl was Ichika.

He had found Ichika and brought her here! ]

After the manager finished explaining her father looked towards me.

[ You!... ]

He had an intense look as if he was about to tear me off.

[ I'm thankful that you brought my daughter here, but how dare you not inform everyone about her the moment you brought her here?!?! ]

He grabbed me by my clothes.

[ W-wait dad! ] ( Ichika )

[ What would you have done if she hadn't made it in time here? What would you have done?! ]

[ DAD! STOP IT PLEASE!! ] ( Ichika )

The tension in this room got higher.

[ Let go! ] ( Hatsuko )

I stared straight into the depths of his eyes as I said that. That voice that came out of my mouth wasn't a kind one. All of my instincts were telling me to react somehow towards this person which was grabbing me by my clothes.

I'm not sure but my killing intent leaked a bit from that.

[ Ghuh?! ]

He let go of my clothes. He didn't say anything else.

The room also became quiet. Cold sweat was running down his face a little. The same goes for everyone else in the room.

They were scared and surprised at the same time from what was happening right now.

[ Dad, please! He is my savior! ] ( Ichika )

[ R-right... ]

I went outside of the room to wait for everyone to finish up their stuff.

I'm not planning on leaving the guild until I get my reward.

About 15 minutes passed when the manager and Lena came out of the room.

[ Hatsuko, about your reward! You can come and get them now or later about the rabbit's quest! ] ( Lena )

[ And the reward for saving her? ] ( Hatsuko )

I stared at her as I said that.

[ You will have to talk with her father about that... ] ( Lena )

They both left as Lena finished saying that.

I once again entered the room.

Both Ichika and her father were staring at me.

Ichika was blushing a little while her father was looking at me.

[ B-boy... I'm sorry about before... ]

He apologized to me.

[ And my reward? ] ( Hatsuko )

Both of them looked at each other when they heard my question.

[ About that-- ]

Before he could finish, Ichika started talking.

[ —Hatsuko! Do you have some time around 6 pm to come to our house? ] ( Ichika )

To their house?

[ Yes, I have time but why do I have to come to your house? ] ( Hatsuko )

[ We were thinking of making a celebration party as thanks for saving my daughter. And of course, we also will be giving you the reward! ]

[ I understand! ] ( Hatsuko )

They gave me their address information before I left the room.

48