Discovering a Dungeon – chapter 56
2.1k 4 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the morning I was woken up by Shiro.

She was walking around my face while rubbing her tail on my nose.

[ Meow! ] ( Shiro )

After opening my eyes, I saw Shiro's face.

She was staring at me with her sparkling yellow and blue eyes.

I don't understand a cat's feelings and reactions but I feel like she was happy and excited.

I rubbed her body with my hand while trying to get up.

I checked the time on the map device.

| 07 : 59 |

It seems like I'm getting used to waking up early.

I went to the living room and when I looked down, I noticed Shiro following me while wiggling her tail around.

The moment I looked at her, she also turned her face towards me.

I don't think she wants to eat?

She would always ask to drink my blood, only once a day.

Anyway, I want to check out the guild quests today, and I will have Hina buy food supplies for this house.

I walked towards the living room.

Hina was already awake and had already fixed the place where she was sleeping.

She was looking through the window with a blank expression on her face.

[ Meow! ] ( Shiro )

Noticing Shiro's voice, Hina turned around and looked at me.

[ Oh, Goodmorning Hatsuko! ] ( Hina )

She said with a smile on her face.

[ ... ] ( Hatsuko )

I'm not sure when I will be coming back here so I will have to leave my house to Hina while I'm away.

And I don't have to worry about her stealing anything since there is nothing valuable to me in this house.

I was thinking of leaving Shiro in her care while I will be away, but now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't trust her too much.

What if she tries to hurt Shiro again?

...

[ I'm going to check out something outside of the city so I won't be back for a while. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Eh? ] ( Hina )

Her expression changed into a confused one.

[ W-what do you mean you're going outside of the city? ] ( Hina )

She started freaking out as if she was being left-back.

[ As I said I'm going to do a quest from the Hunters guild. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ I-I see... When are you coming back? ] ( Hina )

She asked while looking at me.

[ It depends on the quest. ] ( Hatsuko )

She looked a little sad when she heard my answer.

[ Also, I'm gonna need you to buy everything necessary for this place since I haven't bought anything for it yet. ] ( Hatsuko )

As I said that, I threw my debit card to her.

She looked into the ground where my debit card was with confusion.

[ My debit card has a bit over 10k $ so don't go overboard with it like you're used to, in "his" mansion. ] ( Hatsuko )

I'm sure when she was living in Harutos house, she must have lived a luxurious life.

[ I u-understand... ] ( Hina )

Does she really?

.

.

.

.

.

I left the house to Hina's care.

I don't really care if she breaks that house since it's only a rental one and earning money is easy for a hunter.

Well, I should be careful as a hunter as well since I don't want to get noticed.

I realized that I fucked up with the rabbit's quests and drew too much attention, but it was necessary for me since I had no money.

I also asked Kenji to prevent all of my achievements to get leaked to the public.

Knowing his personality I'm sure that he did as I asked him.

{ Authors note: I will use "---" for flashbacks. }

---

" Is that all you want? Consider it done! " ( Kenji )

At that moment he got out his phone and called the guild's manager.

After talking for some minutes, he hanged up his phone and showed me a thumbs-up signal with a smile on his face.

---

I finally arrived at the guild.

Inside the building were a lot more hunters than the last time I was here.

Did something happen?

Maybe this happens when hunters usually go to the guild?

I decided to look around on the screen where all the quests were.

Again "missing people" quests, more rabbits, weak monsters.

Is there anything else I could do?

Ever since I arrived in this city, my status hasn't increased that much.

Also killing weak monsters doesn't really help that much.

While looking around the screen I noticed a quest different from the others. That was an announcement.

.

——————————

Announcement!

A weird cave-like entrance was found in the forest! It was reported to be full of unknown strong monsters which is believed to be the reason for countless hunters going missing!

All the hunters are prohibited to approach that place if found during their quests!

*image*

——————————

.

The announcement had also an image at the end which was attached to it.

Even though the image was a bit blurry, it still helps others as a warning.

Going to the guild was a good idea!

I don't know how strong the monsters are there but it might be worth trying to find that place.

I left the guild and decided to go out of the city to look for that place.

The moment I got out of that city, I decided to look for the cave while flying.

That cave-like entrance was near a hill which was a bit different from normal ones. Monsters would wander around the entrance without going inside.

This might be because superior monsters live there.

While flying around, I used my skill "X10 eyes" to look into further places.

Looking for that place was a bit harder than I thought.

What should I do?

Do I go back or look for monsters around me?

Stronger monsters release a stronger presence making it easier for me to find.

Wait if that cave has a lot of monsters then that means they must have powerful presences.

I used my skill "presence detection" into my entire range.

While flying around I followed strong presences that were thicker than others.

The more I approached, the more those presences increased.

I knew that more than hundreds of monsters were around there.

And after some minutes, I finally found the cave where the guild had prohibited all of the hunters.

I hope this place won't let me down!

 

48