Hatsuko vs monsters – chapter 57
2k 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had finally found the cave where those powerful presences came from.

Shiro was also chilling inside my hood. Sometimes she would pop her head out of there to see where we were.

I don't blame her though since she would probably get bored from sleeping all day.

I wasn't sure what kind of monsters were gonna be so I made a barrier around Shiro's body.

I could also make a barrier around myself but that would result in a disadvantage for me, since I won't be to use my skill "Life Draining".

"Life Draining" is one of the most powerful skills I currently have.

This skill also has saved my life so many times.

I didn't detect any monsters around the entrance of the cave so I entered inside.

The temperature inside was a bit lower but I tried ignoring that.

After walking for some seconds I detected something coming towards me.

My night vision skill was automatically activated and from the distance, I could see a monster approaching me.

From what I could see, the monster was coming towards me on all fours.

It had black fur and sharp red glowing eyes which were staring at me with a furious look.

[ GRRRRRRRR! ]

This monster looked like a giant cat.

I tried to see its status.

.

──────────

Species: Panther

Gender: Male

Health: 9100/9100

STR: 1000

MC: 500

AGI: 3098

VIT: 1400

DEF: 800

Condition: Healthy

Skills: ( Claw slash ) ( Body leap ) ( Paralyse )

──────────

.

Oh, so it was a panther.

At first, I doubted that that thing was a panther because of its massive body. My skill "The eyes of see-through" is really convenient at this times.

Its body was almost as tall as me. Muscular paws and limbs. And its eyes which were glaring at me.

This kind of change must have been caused by the effects of "monster transformation".

I still haven't found any exact information on why animals were turned into powerful monsters but from what I think...

Those animals were turned into monsters because of a certain energy cause by Demons and Angels.

But wait... what if animals didn't just turn into monsters but they evolved!

They absorbed the clashing energy between Angel's and Demon's causing them to evolve into a stronger being.

But if that was true, then why didn't this apply to humans as well?

They could have become powerful, or worse, they could have turned into disgusting monsters as well.

The panther was closing the distance while I was thinking that.

After reaching a certain distance, the panther jumped towards me, and while in mid-air, three lines of air blades came directed at my head.

I dodged by jumping to my left.

I created the sharpest katana I had and while using my skill "Telekinesis", I cutted all of the panther's limbs easily.

The panther, without realizing what happened, struggled to move and fell down.

I approached the monster and touched its body. I drained all of its remaining life it had.

If I want to become stronger using my skill "life draining" I have to make physical touching with the monster while still alive after restraining or injuring them somehow.

"Life Draining" doesn't work on dead monsters since the monster no longer has any life in it. That's why I have to leave the monster at least half-dead before using it.

I could also take its skils and strength by eating its meat but that will take a lot longer to work.

...

I walked deep inside the cave.

My senses were being alerted ever since I entered inside here.

Until now, there haven't been any powerful monsters. The path of this place kept going into a lower ground.

It seems this way leads to a deeper place.

...

.

.

 

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ KIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIIIIIIII!!!!! ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

A lot of monsters were coming at me at an insane speed.

The sounds they released were loud and annoying.

Towards me, a lot of bird-like monsters were charging really fast through the air.

Unlike normal birds, these monsters were really ugly and disgusting. They had the appearance as if they were sick with some kind of disease.

Some of them had bones coming out of their body, missing eye, and sharp crooked teeth.

I tried shooting Fireballs towards them.

*boom* *boom* *boom*

I made sure not to use too much power on them since I was inside a cave and it could cause this place to collapse.

Out of the fire flames, those monsters came out flying without a scratch.

Not even one monster managed to die from the blast.

Huh?

.

──────────

Species: Mutated

Gender: ?

Health: 2000/2000

STR: 600

MC: 80

AGI: 780

VIT: 1000

DEF: 2000

Condition: Healthy

Skills: ( Fire resistance ) ( Water resistance ) ( Paralyze resistance )

──────────

.

I see that those kinds of birds have unusual high defense and resistance against, fire, water, and paralyzing.

That also explains why my attack didn't work.

Well, that's all these monsters have.

But still, that won't be enough to kill me no matter how many them there are.

I created several small knives floating around me and made them cut down any of those monsters who were approaching me.

Each time my knives would kill any of them, they would release a crying sound.

[ KIEEEEEEE!! ]

I didn't manage to get any of their life force so I kept walking deeper while they were getting killed by my knives.

Managing that many knives wasn't that hard for me. It was like I had a small part of my consciousness into each of those knives.

After all of those mutated birds were cut down, 6 more black panthers which were similar to the first one were charging towards me.

Without letting them get too close to me, I restrained their body with created chains.

"Materialization"

I casually approached their bodies and one by one touched them so I could drain their life.

The moment I would activate my skill on them, they would start struggling with all of their might as if they were in a great pain.

They did their best to release their bodies from my chains but that was pointless. My chains were far stronger than them.

[ Kgheeee!! ]

I looked down on them as their eyes were becoming lifeless until it's own death came.

There was no more sounds coming from them.

The moment they died, my chains disappeared as if they never existed.

I released their lifeless bodies into the ground since I had no more use to them.

I continued walking without looking behind me.

After walking for some time, I reached at the edge of an deep abyss. Even with my skills "10x eyes" I couldn't see the end of this abyss.

How deep is this place?

I would have ignored this if there was another path I could take but there was no other way i could take other than going back.

I jumped into the abyss while making a barrier around myself. I also made sure, that Shiro was attached to my hood without accidentally falling out of it.

...

.

.

As I kept falling at a high speed, I was waiting to reach the bottom.

At first, I was thinking that something was off but after 4 minutes of falling, I realized that I wasn't reaching the end of it.

How deep can this thing be?!

Another 5 other minutes passed and I still hadn't reached the bottom of this abyss.

Is the bottom, at the core of this planet?

...

Well, I don't have to worry about anything since I could fly back up anyway.

As I thought that, I stopped in mid-air.

I couldn't see neither the bottom of the abyss nor the top where I jumped off.

Did I go too deep?

Even at the top of this abyss, I had this weird feeling which was bothering me.

What is it?

I concentrated my skill "presence detection" around myself.

Something is close by...

But where is it?

Is it a monster?

The presence was really small but I could still feel it.

[ Meow! ] ( Shiro )

Shiro got out of my hood and started scratching my neck.

[ What is i— ] ( Hatsuko )

As I was saying that I looked at the place where Shiro was scratching.

At first, I thought she was hungry but before I could finish talking I noticed something on my neck.

A massive and slim insect was on my neck.

I grabbed the insect and squished it with my hand.

The presence which was bothering me before, disappeared.

At that moment I noticed that I was near the bottom of the abyss.

Huh? I have arrived at the bottom?

I was floating some centimeters above the ground.

I tried looking up where I came from.

What I saw, surprised me.

It was near the top of the abyss.

Six meters above me was the top of the abyss.

What the hell is going on?

I was falling for almost 10 minutes so how come I can see the top?

Wait, that insect!

Maybe that insect was some kind of monster that made me watch some kind of illusion like I was falling forever.

If it wasn't for Shiro, I might have never noticed that insect on my neck.

Well, even if I hadn't noticed the insect on my neck, I would have blown everything up around me until I had found a way out.

As I landed on the ground, I kept walking deeper inside this place.

48