It was all an illusion! – chapter 75
1.7k 3 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Eh? ] ( Ichika )

Ichika opened her eyes and looked at the monsters which suddenly had disappeared.

[ Eh? ] ( Hina )

Hina was confused as well by what just happened!

[ They disappeared? ] ( Akemi )

Akemi was also looking at the place where the monsters had disappeared.

I approached Ichika who was still on the ground.

[ You passed the first test. ] ( Hatsuko )

I said to her.

[ A Test? ] ( Ichika )

Everyone was confused by what I was saying.

[ Yes, that was all an illusion I had created! ] ( Hatsuko )

I responded to her.

[ [ Illusion!? ] ] ( Ichika / Hina )

The destroyed grass which was also destroyed turned to normal as well.

Until now Ichika was running away from nothing.

I had killed all of the deer monsters before they could get close to us and replaced them with an illusion.

[ Hm... Now I understand why those monsters didn't have an aura!! ] ( Akemi )

It seems that Akemi was affected by my illusion as well. Maybe that's because of her curse or low health!

She also mentioned something about having her powers weakened because of her low health. Even though her stats are "999,999" she can't use all of her strength at all. This was also the reason why I defeated her more easily than I thought.

But still, she is a powerful dragon and I could have lost any time if I had let my guard down!

[ Wait so all of those m-monsters that were chasing me was only an illusion?! ] ( Ichika )

Ichika said as she was getting up.

She still couldn't believe that all of those monsters weren't there.

But my goal was to make her use her powers instinctively. And she did!

The moment she tripped over and fell down, she knew that she was going to get killed by those monsters. That's where she used one of her skills unconsciously!

[ Yeah, the moment you shot a fire arrow at them, they disappeared. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ I used my powers?! ] ( Ichika )

She looked at her own hands as she said that.

Tears were coming out of her eyes and she was slightly trembling.

[ Are you hurt anywhere? ] ( Hina )

Hina went to Ichika and started checking if she was Injured anywhere.

When did this bitch become all so caring about others?

[ I'm f-fine, it's just... I'm happy!! ] ( Ichika )

She responded to Hina.

[ Is it really that big of a deal? ] ( Akemi )

And Akemi who couldn't understand what was happening.

Hina and Akemi would never understand the struggle of being weak and powerless.

I don't know Ichika's story but I'm sure she must have wanted to become stronger.

Even the first time I found her unconscious in the wood...

She must have gone on her own and joined together with a party to figure out her powers. But in the end her party members went missing and she fell unconscious from a monster or something. Her father becoming worried might have been because Ichika went outside of the city without him knowing.

After Ichika calmed down a little I went near her and asked.

[ Can you try and use your powers again? ] ( Hatsuko )

She wiped her tears away and looked at me.

[ I don't know... ] ( Ichika )

She looked down a little.

[ Try remembering the feeling you had when you used your skill. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Okay!! ] ( Ichika )

She closed her eyes and pointed the palms of her hands towards a tree that was near here.

[ Hnnng!!!! ] ( Ichika )

She was slightly trembling as she was trying to remember the feeling she had when she used her powers.

An arrow made of fire was slowly being created on her palms.

Everyone else was also watching her.

*Whoosh!* *Boom!*

That arrow was charged towards the tree where her hands were pointing to. The arrow managed to damage the wood of that tree.

[ I... I did it! ] ( Ichika )

She looked at the arrow which had damaged the wood of the tree.

She was happy and excited at the same time!

[ Try doing again but this time keep your eyes open. ] ( Hatsuko )

I said to her.

She pointed her hands towards the same tree as before.

*Whoosh!* *Boom!*

This time she managed to create and shoot the arrow faster than before.

The hole created by the arrow in that tree became deeper. The tree was slowly burning from the fire created by the arrow.

[ I did it again!! ] ( Ichika )

Ichika slightly jumped from the happiness.

[ Good job! ] ( Hina )

Akemi was looking around without bothering Hina and Ichika.

.

Shiro was wandering around as if looking for something. I also was kept an eye on her, making sure she wouldn't get targeted by other monsters.

[ Don't let your guard down! There are real monsters coming to us! ] ( Hatsuko )

Some meters away I could sense some monsters which were coming towards us for some time.

Depending on their speed, they will be here in some minutes.

[ R-real monsters!! ] ( Ichika )

She had the looks of someone confident but I could tell that she was slightly scared.

Her hands were trembling a little as she had the palms of her hands ready to use her skill to those monsters.

Hina was also on her guard, having herself ready for the monsters to arrive here.

And Akemi like usual didn't care at all about those monsters. To a dragon like her, those monsters were nothing but ants to her.

But right now she is in a weakened state due to her curse. Will she be as confident as before when she faces those monsters?

In the distance, I could see birds that were flying away from the presences of those monsters which were coming our way.

This time I won't kill those monsters! Ichika has to face all of those monsters on her own without having the help of anyone.

If she fails to do so, I will create a barrier around her body so she won't die that easily.

Ichika also had other skills that she doesn't know she has them.

.

——————————

Name: Ichika

Gender: Female

Age: 17

Health: 200/200

STR: 110

MC: 109

AGI: 45

VIT: 28

DEF: 132

Condition: Healthy,

Skills: ( Heal ) ( Barrier ) ( Fireball ) ( Firre arrow ) ( Firefist ) ( Fire resistance )

——————————

.

 

 

 

 

 

46