Ichika’s POV! – chapter 81
1.7k 6 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ichika's POV

——————————

Ever since I met Hatsuko, my whole life changed!

But I would have never believed that I would use my powers for the first time in my whole life!

I always have been envious of my friends who could use their powers.

Ever since they started improving their powers, I felt like they were distancing themselves away from me.

It was painful!

I always was asking myself why I wasn't just like them?

Even my family members could use their ability so why couldn't I? Was I different from them?

But then, he came!

He was amazing! So powerful! And he even was able to defeat my father in a match!

"Can I become as powerful as him?" That's what I thought.

My father also seems to have taken an interest in him. That's why I asked my father to have Hatsuko help me.

Hatsuko always seemed so distant from everyone else! He didn't want anyone to get too close to him. Even the way he treated someone was harsh and aggressive!

It was as if he didn't have trust in anyone.

But deep down I could feel that some part of his kindness was hiding and he didn't want to show it!

Was he always like this?

What caused him to turn into this kind of person?

But I wasn't scared of him. Each time I was near him, I could feel a sense of security!

Even the atmosphere around him was warm! Is this also part of his ability?

The more I stayed with him the more I noticed myself changing!

I have never felt like this!!

Is it because he is helping me improve my ability?

It was amazing! Exciting and breathtaking!

My heart couldn't stop racing!!

But the more days I spent with him training the harder it was for me to look at him...

I could feel myself burning as if I was on fire each time he got near me.

What is happening?! Is this a side effect of my ability?

It has been almost one month ever since I started training with him.

My father never specified a time limit for how long the training will continue but I already knew that my powers were improving really fast. I wasn't scared of the monsters I fought because I knew that he was there with me!

I hope this will continue forever!

...

With Hatsuko, were around two other girls. Their names were Hina and Akemi.

Hina was a quiet girl!

She was kind, beautiful and she always helped me during the training days.

The fact that she was with me during the training days, made me feel becoming more powerful!

I wanted to become stronger than her, but at the same time, I had fun competing with her.

She also helped me use "Heal" which I never knew I had.

Akemi on the other hand was a weird girl.

She had the looks of a goddess.

Even the citizens of this city have their eyes on her.

But her personality was a bit different from her appearance.

She always asked about stuff that is considered common sense nowadays. Even her way of talking was weird...

Akemi was always amazed by veranda shops or even fast foods.

It was as if she was a little kid going out with her parents for the first time.

But this kind of personality made her really cute!

Both Hina and Akemi seemed attached to Hatsuko.

I didn't understand why but even though he treated them the same as me... I felt jealous of them...

Can I be as close as them with Hatusko?

But what shocked me the most was when I found out that Akemi and Hina were living in the same house as Hatsuko!

What kind of relationship are they?

When I asked Hatsuko this question, he gave me a cold look and ignored me.

It made me feel kind of sad that he ignored me but also frustrating at the same time!

I also wanted to always be by Hatsuko's side!

I don't want these days to end...

[ Are you feeling okay? ] ( Hina )

Hina asked me with a worried look.

Just like always, we were on our way outside of this city to hunt down monsters.

[ Yeah... Why? ] ( Ichika )

I asked her back.

[ Well, you look like something happened to you?! ] ( Hina )

Oh, right I can't tell them that I'm sad... that one day my training routine will end... and I will never meet them...

[ N-nothing is wrong!! Don't worry about it! I'm fine!! ] ( Ichika )

As I said that Hatsuko looked at me for a second but didn't say anything.

He always is like that...

I wonder what his reaction would be if I suddenly hugged him!

Is he gonna be embarrassed, angry, or shy?

[ ... ] ( Ichika )

Wait! No! What am I thinking?!!!!

W-why would I do such an embarrassing thing?!!!

[ Ichika your face is red... are you really okay?! ] ( Hina )

I really need to calm down!!

Breathe in!

*Inhales...*

And out!

*Exhales...*

[ Yeah I'm okay don't worry about it!! ] ( Ichika )

[ If you don't feel alright, tell us okay?! ] ( Hina )

[ I will! ] ( Ichika )

[ You humans really are fragile creatures, getting sick this easily! ] ( Akemi )

It felt like both Akmei and Hina were my friends.

Hina always is worried about me, and she has been helping me out a lot.

I also got used to Akemi's weird way of talking.

She talks as if she is a superior being. Is she suffering from eighth-grade syndrome?

But I don't mind her acting that way, since that is part of herself! And that's what makes her special on her own.

I also have noticed some times when she wanted to help me and Hina out, but somehow Hatsuko forbade her from doing so.

I know that Hatsuko must have had some kind of reason for doing that.

He wouldn't do that without a reason!

But even so, I actually feel bad about Akemi because she really seemed to want to help out!

...

Right now we were walking around the forest.

It was surprisingly quiet and there were no monsters...

Wait... don't tell me we actually killed all the monsters around the world!!!?

What do I do? Is it over?

I won't be able to stay with Hatsuko anymore?!

[ Somethings weird... ] ( Akemi )

Akemi sounded really serious...

What is happening?

Are there really no more monsters?!

.

.

.

Early access to the chapters on my Patreon page!

48