A smile which is not strong enough! – chapter 86
1.6k 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All of the girls stared at me the moment they noticed that someone else beside them was there!

The youngest one hid behind Chloe. She would pop her head out and take a look at me while trying her best not to be noticed by me.

I was getting a little confused by what was going on right now! I kept thinking that at any moment she would show me the way to a secret city or something like that.

Did I get tricked by her?

[ What is this place? ] ( Hatsuko )

I glared at Chloe.

All of the other girls were looking at me with curiosity without knowing what was going on. Some of them were even trembling in fear from me acting that way towards Chloe.

Chloe stared back at me. Her face was still the same but I could feel something else. Her eyes were filled with sadness, but she tried her best to not make it noticeable to the young girls.

[ This is where me and all of the kids here have been hiding from those weird monsters out there! ] ( Chloe )

She clenched her fists with all of her might, trying to calm herself.

[ Chloe? ] ( Ava )

One of the girls looked at Chloe who couldn't understand what she was saying.

[ Here used to be Sumai!

A small city filled with thousands of people who used to live here! ] ( Chloe )

While trying to hold herself back, she kept talking.

I didn't know what to do about this kind of situation.

[ ...Until the earth started shaking, all the buildings started collapsing, and the animals and house pets started reacting weird! ] ( Chloe )

She slightly stroked the head of the youngest girl who was hiding behind her this whole time as she was talking.

[ I was on my way to school at that time when this weird phenomenon happened to our city! ] ( Chloe )

I can understand what she is saying right now! This place is where she and these kids are hiding together from the monsters. But this city isn't the only place that was destroyed by those Angels and Demons.

[ I survived thanks to my ability and tried my best to save anyone that I could find, but as you can see these kids are all the remaining survivors of our city! ] ( Chloe )

[ So you've been hiding here with them this whole time? ] ( Hatsuko )

She nodded in response.

[ But I'm still confused on why this happen to our city and why there weren't any people who would come and rescue the remaining survivors here. ] ( Chloe )

Chloe is not making any sense anymore!

No one is going to come to this place unless they have some kind of strong reason.

In the first place, all of the nearest cities here have been completely destroyed and there is no way for someone to randomly come here and rescue them. The only left country in this world is Sakuru and the hidden city "U.G.C".

Even if they keep waiting here with the hope that someone would come here and help them, nothing is going to happen.

[ This was our city! Suami! And these children here are its remaining citizens... ] ( Chloe )

You know that Sumai isn't the only city that was destroyed. If they keep waiting here for someone to come and save them, they are going to die for sure.

[ Where did Mister come from? ]

One of the small girls asked me. She was clenching her own clothes.

Everyone's attention was directed towards me.

I don't plan on helping them even if they begged me.

The only reason I followed Chloe here was because I was looking for the closest City that had managed to survive.

I have no time to waste here with Chloe and these small girls over here.

[ I came from somewhere far! Not that It matters! ] ( Hatsuko )

I should probably leave. I don't want to hear their complaints anymore.

I turned around as a sign of showing them that I was about to leave this place.

[ W-wait! ] ( Chloe )

She called out to me, trying to prevent me from leaving.

[ What is it? ] ( Hatsuko )

I turned around my head and looked at her as I asked her that.

[ Could you perhaps help us— no! Can you at least help the kids here, please!! ] ( Chloe )

[ No! ] ( Hatsuko )

I immediately refused.

[ B-but why?! Don't you feel bad at all for the kids here suffering? ] ( Chloe )

Chloe struggled to make me help them somehow.

[ Feel bad? Why would I feel bad about them?

I'm not the one who caused this entire disaster in the entire world! ] ( Hatsuko )

No matter age or gender, all humans in this world are the same!

They'd do anything to get everything they want, even if it meant to manipulate someone.

In their case, they are trying to make me feel bad about their situation.

But that won't work for me!

[ W-wait!! The w-whole world!!! What do you mean?!? ] ( Chloe )

Her eyes were focused on me as her hands were trembling from what I just said.

At first, I suspected that Chloe didn't know that this disaster happened not only to Sumai! She also mentioned that she was waiting for rescuers to come here and save them. I'm sure she must have expected that this disaster would be all over the internet and everyone around the world would come and save everyone here.

[ Sumai wasn't the only city that was affected by this kind of disaster! The only country that managed to survive is Sakuru. ] ( Hatsuko )

As I continued to explain to her the truth, her eyes were losing hope.

[ All of the other countries and cities around the world have been completely erased! ] ( Hatsuko )

Chloe fell to her knees after hearing this.

[ No way... ] ( Chloe )

The girl who had confidence and never showed fear in front of the children...

...was no longer here!

.

.

.

.

44