Change of plans! – chapter 89
1.5k 3 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After all of the little girls finished eating their meal, they started playing tag with each other.

[ Hehehahaha ]

[ It's you! ]

[ nooo run!! ]

[ Kyahahaha ]

They had become more cheerful than before. Their voice had become more powerful and energetic.

[ Once again thank you! ] ( Chloe )

Next to me was Chloe who was watching the kids play around inside this cave.

[ ... ] ( Hatsuko )

Shiro went back inside my hood while having her head out to look around.

[ It seems like Shiro is really attached to you! ] ( Chloe )

She said as she noticed Shiro.

I attempted to respond to her but I didn't bother.

I wasn't sure what to say since this isn't something I would do for someone else...

Having long conversations with someone else is hard for me.

I already know that for sure.

Since everyone had their fill, I decided to throw away the remaining fish which I haven't t cooked yet.

[ What are you doing? ] ( Chloe )

Not responding to her question, I grabbed the box filled with the remaining fish and went outside the cave.

The box was created using my skill "Materialization".

[ Hey? ] ( Chloe )

Still ignoring her, I threw the green box in the river's stream. The moment the box touched the water, it disappeared since it wasn't necessary anymore.

[ WAAAAHH!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ?!?!? ] ( Chloe )

She started freaking out. She put her hands on her head and looked at all the fish which were getting carried away by the river's stream.

[ Why did you do that for?! ] ( Chloe )

She asked me.

Her voice was shaking a little.

[ I threw away the remaining fish. ] ( Hatsuko )

I responded while going back inside the cave. She followed me back in as well.

[ But why?! ] ( Chloe )

She still insisted on asking the same question.

What does she mean why?

That's obvious!

[ The fish will smell bad if it's not put inside a freezer. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ But we can still eat them tomorrow! This place has no food supplies at all! ] ( Chloe )

She seemed really desperate on keeping the fish here.

With no food here, they'd come to the point of even eating rotten meat.

But I've seen Chloe's power. She can just kill monsters and cook them here. That's what I did when I was wandering around the forest. With no food or water at all, I would just kill the monsters and eat them.

In the beginning, I even ate an Orcs flesh raw and nothing happened to me.

[ Can't you just hunt monsters? You have enough power to kill a weak one! ] ( Hatsuko )

Did she not think about that at all? Or is she not strong enough?

[ I already tried that! But all of the monsters here are poisonous! ] ( Chloe )

[ Poisonous? ] ( Hatsuko )

I immediately responded to that word.

The monsters aren't poisonous, are they?

I have eaten a lot of different monsters and nothing happened to me!

Maybe it's because I have poison resistance which I never noticed?

.

──────────

Name: Hatsuko Gee

Gender: Male

Age: 17

Health: 93,112/93,112

STR: 40,340

MC (mental capacity): 12,600

AGI: 45,660

VIT: 14,800

DEF: 26,901

Soul collected: 9,999/10,000

Condition: Healthy,

Skills: ( Materialization ), ( Air slash ) ( The eyes of see-through ) ( Rage ) ( Berserk of Gluttony ) ( Presence detection) ( Night Vision ) ( Fireball ) ( Marionette ) ( Auto fight ) ( Poison Resistance ) ( Illusion) ( Life Draining ) ( Telekinesis ) ( Limit breaker ) ( killing intent ) ( Boost ) ( X10 eyes ) ( Aura sense ) ( Eyes of destructing ) ( telepathy ) ( Clone ), etc

──────────

.

Oh, I forgot about the "poison resistance" skill. Maybe I've been eating poisonous food this whole time without knowing it.

Does that mean the fish I cooked had poison as well?

Everyone else seems to be okay?

[ Yeah, I know if something is poisonous by rubbing the meat or the fruit on my arm, and if my arm becomes red or reacts in some kind of way, that means it's poisonous! ] ( Chloe )

She explained to me.

[ Even the fruits are mostly poisonous. It's really rare to find eatable fruits... ] ( Chloe )

Inside the cave, the kids were still playing happily with each other.

[ And also I already noticed... we all smell bad don't we? ] ( Chloe )

She said with a bitter smile on her face.

[ Yeah you do! ] ( Hatsuko )

Not caring at all, I responded to her.

[ We would have washed our bodies in this river's stream if it weren't for those weird fish swimming around... ] ( Chloe )

She clenched both of her fists in anger but her face showed a sad look.

No place to stay, no food, no clean clothes.

This was the lifestyle of these girls here.

[ How can you all play like that while my brother is sick!!!? ]

All of them who were running around stopped the moment they heard the voice of a little girl yelling at them.

It was a red-haired little girl who was the same age as the girls running around.

Her body was so skinny that I could see her actual bones. She had eyebags and her eyes were a little swollen.

Has she been crying?

[ Rozi.... ] ( Chloe )

I think they mentioned something about a young boy being asleep when I first arrived here. And that girl who seems to be his sister was on his side all this time without eating.

She went back to where she came from.

There wasn't any reason for her to get mad at others.

Kids, adults, no matter the age will always blame someone else if something goes wrong.

Even their weakness would blame it on someone else.

[ I can't blame her for being mad at us... her brother ate some kind of weird mushroom and now he has been like that...

I've been trying to find some kind of herb to help him recover but as you can see this is the result... ] ( Chloe )

I'm not sure what to do here...

I shouldn't spend any more time here.

Me helping them even just for a bit was too strange for me. It wasn't like me at all.

If I continue like this, I will lose the reason why I wanted to return back at Sakuru.

I still haven't found my parents yet.

Even though I asked Kenji about it, I'm not sure if I can fully trust them.

What can I do?!

Kenji always had it easy when he could order around anyone he wanted...

...

What if I create my own group of slaves to do whatever they want for me?

.

.

.

 

* * *

[ Hatsuko is... everything okay? ] ( Chloe )

Her trembling soft voice asked Hatsuko as she was looking at him with a bit of worry.

Hatsuko didn't realize but he was grinning a little, making Chloe feel uneasy.

Some seconds did pass as Hatsuko was creating a plan on his head...

44