Shiro’s improvement! – chapter 90
1.5k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a few days, ever since I found Chloe and the others.

I would have never believed myself if I said that I would be staying here with all of them for the moment.

I kept thinking over and over on why I did this for quite a while and in the end, I finally realized!

It's not because I didn't know what I was doing!

But because I'm selfish!

I only care about myself and no one else! I want everything to go the way I want, even If this hurts someone else. Using them the way I want was my goal. Their opinion won't matter at all.

.

[ Meow! ] ( Shiro )

I was wandering around the forest together with Shiro who was next to me.

I was planning on doing this earlier but I couldn't seem to find time between fighting monsters, eating, or "helping" those girls.

[ Shiro. ] ( Hatsuko )

She looked at me the moment I called out her name.

.

——————————

Name: Shiro

Species: Cat

Gender: Female

Health: 150/150

STR: 78

MC: 64

AGI: 69

VIT: 54

DEF: 67

Condition: Healthy

Skills: ( night-vision ) ( Air slash ) ( Cold resistance ) ( Blood strength) ( Seduce )...< Locked! >

——————————

.

Her status has improved a lot more since the last time I checked.

Shiro's eyes were focused on me as if she was expecting me to say something.

[ ... ] ( Hatsuko )

Compared to a normal cat, Shiro should be many times stronger.

I want to test out how strong her skills are. But how should I make her show me her skills?

Do I show her my killing intent? Maybe she will attack me instinctively.

No, knowing her personality she wouldn't do that.

[ Shiro, can you show me the attack in which you killed the ants? ] ( Hatsuko )

I thought about asking her, but now that I think about it I must have looked like an idiot who talks to their cats.

She is a cat with some skills. There is no way for her to understand me.

While I was thinking, Shiro turned her face towards a tree that was nearby and from her mouth, a blade made out of air was charged.

In the next second, a significant scar on the tree's log was made by Shiro's attack.

[ Huh?! ] ( Hatsuko )

I looked at Shiro the moment I realized what she just did!

She...Did she understand me?

Maybe there was a monster near that tree and she tried to kill it, just like she did with those ants.

This may be a coincidence!

[ Shiro Jump! ] ( Hatsuko )

I said to her as I was trying to verify if she really understood me.

And as a result, she jumped!

[ Meow. ] ( Shiro )

She looked really excited just like a little puppy.

How can she understand what I'm saying?

( Answer: Automatically using "telepathy" on animals will help you transfer your thought to them! )

Wait so that means Shiro can talk back to me using my skill!

( Answer: Animals need higher "INT" able to explain what they wish to tell in the human language! )

I see...

So if she becomes strong enough she can talk to me using telepathy!

That may be really convenient when fighting monsters.

But what caused Shiro to change this much?

This is not normal at all. Was it because she kept drinking my blood?

No, that is just unrealistic! I somehow can understand why my blood would heal her, but her becoming like this is just weird.

Wait, on her skills list there was a skill called "Blood strength". My skill explained to me that she could get stronger each time she drank blood.

But how did she get "Blood Strength" in the first place? Did she always have it and awakened just like me or did she acquired it from my blood?

If it was from my blood, then my power is becoming very complex.

Even though I have noticed that my powers keep growing stronger each time I drain monsters' life essence, I still feel that I'm not strong enough!

I'm not ready, even though inside me countless thoughts keep telling me to go and destroy everyone who tried to kill me and humiliate me.

Unsure? Anger?

I couldn't understand it anymore...

Each time, I looked at someone, talked to them... they just appear the same to me.

Their face, the way they talk, personality, they are the same!

[ Hatsuko? What are you doing here?! ] ( Chloe )

From behind me, I heard Chloe's voice.

I turned around and looked at her.

Her smiling face was looking at me while keeping both of her hands behind her.

[ I needed to check something, what did you want? ] ( Hatsuko )

I was planning on checking Shiro's other skills but Chloe being here wouldn't be a good idea.

I still remember how those girls who I tried training, treated Shiro the moment they saw her skill, even though Shiro protected them from the ants.

[ Oh, I was looking for you since you suddenly disappeared without telling me. ] ( Chloe )

Huh?

[ Why would I tell you what I'm doing? ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Why you say? Because I would get worried if you suddenly disappear like that! ] ( Chloe )

Why would she worry about me? I'm basically a stranger who took pity on them. I'm even planning on using them as I want in order to get stronger.

[ Why are making a doubting face like that? ] ( Chloe )

While still ignoring her I kept thinking.

There were things that I couldn't understand...

And one of them was about not being able to see Chloe's status.

[ Hey? ] ( Chloe )

Up until now, I've been able to peek at all of the statuses of living beings without a problem.

This was the first time that my skill "The eyes of see-through" couldn't work on a certain person.

[ Hello!? ] ( Chloe )

Why is this happening? Is she actually way stronger than me?

[ HellooooOOoo?! Anybody home? ] ( Chloe )

No, if she was stronger than me, she could've hunted monsters without my help.

But what if she is trying to trick me and all of the kids have been kidnapped or hypnotized by her?

[ Hatsukooo? <3 ] ( Chloe )

Or all of those kids are just a high-level illusion created by her! That's also a possibility.

But what's more surprising is that it's hard to detect her presence.

The first time I detected her, was thanks to eyes and ears but her presence itself wasn't there.

[ Hmmm...<3 ] ( Chloe )

Before I could realize that I was lost in thoughts, I noticed Chloe right in front of my face.

Her nose was 1 centimeter away from mine and her breath was being smashed against my face.

[ Oh, you're finally back. ] ( Chloe )

She smiled at me the moment I looked into her eyes.

What is wrong with her?

44