New quest will begin soon! – chapter 91
1.5k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ If you keep staring at me like that, I'll get embarrassed.<3 ] ( Chloe )

She placed both of her hands on her face as she said that.

She really is a weird person...

[ So what did you want from me? ] ( Hatsuko )

I asked her as we were on our way back to the cave. Shiro already went back inside my hoodie and started having a nap. I could feel her purring noise being transmitted behind my neck.

[ I was thinking if I could help you in "any" kind of way as thanks for helping us. ] ( Chloe )

Things around the girls and cave, changed a lot ever since I arrived here.

Even though that was basically me doing all the work for them, I will make sure to return it all back to them by doing all the things I want with them.

[ I won't need your help yet. ] ( Hatsuko )

I replied to her as we arrived at the entrance of the cave.

[ Is that so? ] ( Chloe )

She looked down with a disappointed voice.

The cave's entrance was already different than before. I had made a safer way for them to enter the cave without having to step on the river's rocks. I tried creating something similar to a door for the entrance of the cave, so the temperature of the cave wouldn't change as easily as before. I also had to drill a hole big enough for the fire's smoke to come out, so they wouldn't have to faint as they used to, from lack of oxygen. It's basically a furnace where you can cook any meals just like in any other traditional old house. The furnace also works to heat all of the cave inside. I also made a lot of furniture with wood and monster skins. I also made beds for everyone so they wouldn't have to sleep on the ground since I didn't want my slaves to drag me down.

This is how I spent those days here!

The moment we entered inside, everyone had gathered around Hide's bed.

[ Huh? Everyone what's wrong?! ] ( Chloe )

She rushed towards them, the moment she noticed that something wasn't okay.

[ Hide has been sweating a lot! ]

One of the girls replied to Chloe.

[ Sweating? ] ( Chloe )

Hide, the young boy who was resting in the bed was twitching while turning his head left and right. His face was beet red and full of sweat.

Sweating when someone is sick is a good sign but in this guy's case, It was obvious that he was in great pain.

Something was definitely wrong with him.

[ hic... C-Chloe Sothingswrong...hic ]

( Author's note: "Something's wrong" for those who couldn't understand! )

A girl who was holding Hide's hand, said while crying.

[ M-*hic* my brother is... ]

That girl couldn't even talk correctly from her crying.

She looked at Chloe, tears kept rolling out of her eyes. Even everyone else was worried about him.

Not knowing what to do, Chloe went near the girl and hugged her really tight.

[ Don't worry! It's going to be okay! Your brother will be okay! ] ( Chloe )

[ WUAAAAAAAAHHH!! ]

The cave was filled with the little girls crying noises.

.

.

.

.

.

* * * *

After crying herself to sleep, that girl went to sleep near her brother's bed.

The same went for all of the other girls. They all went and started sleeping in their own bed. Chloe started a fire at the furnace so the cave wouldn't get cold during the night.

[ Hatsuko! ] ( Chloe )

She called out my name as she started getting closer to me.

[ I know a herb that might help Hide, so please he-- ] ( Chloe )

[ -Okay. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Please! I need your help-- wait what?! ] ( Chloe )

She looked at me all confused.

[ I said, okay. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ I definitely thought you would have refused... ] ( Chloe )

If you thought I would have refused then why did you ask for my help?

I wouldn't have helped her at all in the first place. I'm only doing this because I don't want anyone to drag me down when I get them out of here once they are ready as my trained slaves.

And I also have noticed this before, how can she guess what I'm thinking?

She talks as if she knows how I will react.

Does she have any skill that helps her read other's people minds?

Is my mind being read by her right now?

Are you reading my thoughts right now, you bitch?!

She kept looking at me in confusion about why I was staring at her like that.

[ Hatsuko? ] ( Chloe )

[ It's nothing... let's go. ] ( Hatsuko )

I said that to her as I was about to leave but I felt some stepping noises coming from behind me.

Huh?

It was Hide's sister who had woken up.

[ Mr. Hatsuko! Will you really help my brother? ]

She looked at me as she got closer. Her big eyes were looking up at me with expectation.

She might be trying to act all innocent and cute but that thing won't work on me.

The thing is that I hate kids! They are noisy and always complain.

[ ... ] ( Hatsuko )

I looked down at her as she was expecting an answer from me.

[ Yes, me and Hatsuko will go and look for food that will make your brother feel better! ] ( Chloe )

She responded with confidence.

[ Really?! Thank you Mr. Hatsuko! ]

She hugged me the moment she heard Chloe's response. Her small arms were trying to warp me around tightly.

[ ... ] ( Hatsuko )

[ hehe <3 ] ( Chloe )

Chloe giggled a little when she noticed my situation here.

[ Now go back to sleep Zoe! ] ( Chloe )

[ Yes! ] ( Zoe )

She said as she went back to her brother's bed.

.

.

.

Outside was already night, in a time where monsters are mostly active, more brutal, and aggressive.

I can deal with all of the monsters but...

I don't know if Chloe is stupid or just confident... going out now is suicide for her.

There are so many things that I couldn't understand about Chloe, the way she acts, how she stayed alive until now, and the most important thing...

her hidden status!

 

36