Can this be called teamwork? – chapter 92
1.5k 0 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry, I ran out of names for this chapter XD

.

..

.

Outside was already night and I already knew that monsters were all over the place.

We didn't bring anything to light our way even though that would have attracted attention to the monsters. I don't actually need that since I can see during the night thanks to my skill "Night Vision".

But what about Chloe?

I would have known if I could just check her status, but for some reason, I can't.

[ Don't we need a torch to light our way? ] ( Hatsuko )

I tried provoking her. Maybe she has a "Night Vision" skill just like me.

[ Torches will attract attention to the monsters so I don't think that's a good idea. I'm sure you know that as well.] ( Chloe )

She responded to me. But I still felt like she was hiding something.

Ever since the moment I met her, I felt like she was something similar to an assassin.

I haven't seen her use any special skill so I'm not sure...

[ Yeah, I already know that but how are you going to find your way during the night? ] ( Hatsuko )

That's what I want to know. Does she have some kind of hidden ability up her sleeves that I couldn't see?

[ Oh? You don't need to worry about me! I have really strong eyes and I can see just fine during the night! ] ( Chloe )

She pointed her finger towards her eye.

Strong eyes? Is that a skill?

She must be lying to me.

[ Okay, lead the way then. ] ( Hatsuko )

I told her as I was waiting for her to fix the hidden daggers inside her sleeves

[ All ready! Let's go! ] ( Chloe )

She launched herself forward the moment she said that to me.

She didn't even ask If I was going to have trouble looking outside during the night without a torch, which makes her even more suspicious.

I started following her with the same speed as her. I actually don't know the place she was talking about. If I did, I would have arrived there in no time by flying.

Running like this is going to take forever.

[ How far is that place? ] ( Hatsuko )

I asked her as we both were running at a constant speed.

[ If that weird animal isn't there, then we should be back at the cave in the morning! ] ( Chloe )

Weird animal?

Does she mean a monster?

Anyway, that doesn't matter right now. I need to have that sick boy healed as soon as possible so all of them can come with me.

Using them as bait will help me draw the attention of a lot of powerful monsters. That was one of my goals. To find a specific monster for my last "soul collected" of my ability.

Also, it's been some time since the last time I acquired a skill. I need to hurry up and return back Sakuru.

But before going back there, I need to go and get the information I requested from Kenji at U.G.C. Finding my parents is also part of my goals.

...

.

* * * *

I thought about leaving Shiro back at the cave, but I changed my mind the moment I realized she might leave or run away from the cave.

Right now she's still sleeping on my hood without minding me and Chloe running.

[ We're almost there! ] ( Chloe )

She raised her voice a little to inform me clearly about it. The wind pressing on our faces caused loud sounds so that was the reason why she was talking loudly. But that doesn't really apply to me because, ever since I have been getting higher stats, I have felt changes in my body like my hearing getting better or having faster instincts.

Chloe kept looking forward while informing me at the same time.

Using daggers isn't the best weapon for hunting monsters, but most of the time she kept them with her. Her eyes always showed no fear when fighting someone. I noticed that the first time she attacked me.

One thing was sure about her...

She has knowledge with fighting "humans".

....

.

.

Suddenly stopping near a 3-meter tall rock she placed her arm in front of me without making any sounds, telling me to stop from moving any further.

[ shh! ] ( Chloe )

She placed her finger in front of her mouth.

Does she want me to keep quiet?

Quietly placing both of our back at the massive rock, she looked at me.

[ ...We need to be really quiet... ] ( Chloe )

She came close to my ear and whispered. My ears had gotten really sensitive causing me to feel her vibration sounds.

But I restrained myself from reacting.

[ Behind this rock is a creature that I have been observing for quite a while. ] ( Chloe )

I got near the side of the rock and tried peeking. A lizard-like monster was there floating in a small pond surrounded by flowers and herbs. If you ignore the monster, this place could be a fairytale-like view.

Is the herb she is looking for at this place?

As I was peeking from the side of the rock, I felt Chloe climbing on my body to peek at the side of the rock just like me. She rested her body over mine and her head near mine.

What is she trying to do?

I thought about throwing her towards the lizard monster but I tried restraining myself again from doing so.

[ That's our target. ] ( Chloe )

She said to me as we both were in the same position.

I could feel her chest being crashed at my back. I could also feel her heartbeats being transmitted to me. Her body was really soft and warm.

For how long does she plan on staying on top of me?

Does she think she can use me as an object as she pleases? Do I push her away?

She also was resting her head over mine just like her body.

[ The herbs around the pond? ] ( Hatsuko )

I tried to confirm if the herbs were the ones she was looking for.

[ No, that big lizard over there. ] ( Chloe )

Huh?

"The eyes of see-through"

 

38