Mission complete! – chapter 94
1.4k 5 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The lizard's body fell down as its skin turned back to normal.

My body was still numb from its paralyzing effects but I somehow managed to survive thanks to my skill "Life Draining".

But that monster's life essence wasn't enough to regenerate my left arm. I could still feel the pain coming through the eaten part of my body. The monster had managed to eat my left arm all the way to my elbow.

As the monster was laying down dead right in front of me, I kicked it away with all I had. All of the monster's organs were splattered everywhere from my kick. If this lizard didn't have that "Hardening" skill, its body would have been really soft and easy to penetrate with any kind of weapon.

Oh right! Did I get any new skills from this monster?

.

——————————

Name: Hatsuko Gee

Gender: Male

Age: 17

Health: 89,992/93,112

STR: 40,366

MC (mental capacity): 12,612

AGI: 45,663

VIT: 14,812

DEF: 26,989

Soul collected: 9,999/10,000

Condition: Injuried, weak paralyze effect,

Skills: ( Materialization ), ( Air slash ) ( The eyes of see-through ) ( Rage ) ( Berserk of Gluttony ) ( Presence detection) ( Night Vision ) ( Fireball ) ( Marionette ) ( Auto fight ) ( Poison Resistance ) ( Illusion) ( Life Draining ) ( Telekinesis ) ( Limit breaker ) ( killing intent ) ( Boost ) ( X10 eyes ) ( Aura sense ) ( Eyes of destructing ) ( telepathy ) ( Clone ) ( Soul contract ), etc

——————————

.

This is disappointing... My status has barely changed from this piece of shit.

Also, this monster didn't seem to be the last soul which my status requires.

[ Hatsuko!? Are you okay? ] ( Chloe )

Rushing towards me was Chloe after regaining her composure. She was thrown away from that monster's tail and she doesn't seem to be injured.

[ Yeah I'm fine, get what you need. ] ( Hatsuko )

I said to her. I'm also a bit curious to know what she wanted to get from this monster.

[ W-wait! Y-your arm!? ] ( Chloe )

She reacted the moment she noticed my missing arm. She came close to me as fast as she could and started looking all scared, not knowing what to do.

[ Stop wasting time and take what you need! ] ( Hatsuko )

I told her without a care.

Why does she care about my arm anyway? It's not like she was the one who had her arm eaten.

[ But your arm! ] ( Chloe )

She kept insisting on doing something about my arm.

I can regenerate my arm whenever I want so I'm not worried or anything about it.

She riped off some part of the cloth from her skirt and started warping it around my left arm.

[ What do you think you're doing? ] ( Hatsuko )

I asked her as I was staring at her warp her cloth around my wound.

[ Your arm is bleeding, so I had to block the arm from bleeding! If you lose too much blood you are going to faint! ] ( Chloe )

She explained as she tightened the cloth around my arm as hard as she could.

She was focusing so much on my injury, that I started thinking for a second "she might have forgotten the purpose of coming here".

The sun was slowly rising and everything around here was becoming brighter.

[ Okay I'm done. ] ( Chloe )

She smiled as she finished patching up my wound.

Noticing that my arm wasn't bleeding anymore, she started looking around in the ground where all of the lizard's body parts had been splattered.

I stared at my own arm for a second...

...

[ It's going to be kind of hard to find the tongue of this lizard in this mess... ] ( Chloe )

She said as she started looking around. That's kind of my fault that I kicked the monster like that.

[ Tounge? ] ( Hatsuko )

Also, she said something about finding the tongue?

[ Yes, I have seen this monster use the salvia on its tongue to heal its own wounds. ] ( Chloe )

She said while going through the mess around here.

I can see that she has been observing this kind of monster for quite some time.

Meanwhile, I got back Shiro and placed her on my hood. She was asleep.

...

As soon as she found the head of that massive lizard, she carefully opened its mouth and started cutting off the tongue using her dagger.

The tongue was releasing some salvia as she was trying not to squeeze it too tight.

After cutting it off, she warped it with some kind of cloth.

[ Let's go! ] ( Chloe )

She said as she started running on our way back.

I started following after her.

But she is too slow, and it will take forever to reach back to the cave.

I somehow know the way back to the cave so maybe I should just go there by flying?

As I made up my mind, I put some strength in my legs and launched myself towards Chloe.

I grabbed her body with my right arm and placed her body over my shoulders.

[ W-WHA?! ] ( Chloe )

The moment, I made sure she wouldn't fall off, I launched myself into the air.

[ H-Hatsuko!? Huh?! What?! We're flying?! ] ( Chloe )

She was so confused in what I was doing, but she didn't seem to struggle that much.

Maybe she already knows that she is going to die if she falls down.

[ It's going to be faster if we go there by flying. ] ( Hatsuko )

I told her as I was floating above the trees.

[ Huh? O-okay! ] ( Chloe )

The moment, I got her confirmation I started heading towards the cave at a constant speed.

I expected her to be freaking out from this height, but somehow she was really quiet.

[ THIS IS REALLY AMAZING! ] ( Chloe )

She yelled throughout the noise of the air's speed pressure.

Even though I didn't like this, she was enjoying being carried like this.

...

.

.

.

.

.

I could already see the entrance of the cave. Going back here by flying was 100 times better than running.

Landing near the entrance of the cave, I noticed that the door's cave was open.

[ Didn't you close the door of the cave when we left? ] ( Hatsuko )

I asked her as I put her down.

But something doesn't feel right, from inside the cave I can feel some other presence. And they were not coming from those children.

[ Eh... ] ( Chloe )

The moment she saw the entrance, she started running towards it as fast as she could.

What could have possibly happened here?

38