Kenji will help? – chapter 99
1.5k 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

Hina listened carefully to Ichika's story. That was the first time, she has ever felt the feeling of sharing something with a real friend.

[ I see, it must have been hard for you. ] ( Hina )

Hina said to Ichika.

[ Yeah I— ] ( Ichika )

[ —Ichika, here you are! I've been looking for you! ] ( Kenji )

Before she could finish talking, from behind them, Kenji had rushed towards them.

[ Huh? D-dad?! ] ( Ichika )

She reacted the moment she heard her father's voice. She turned around and looked at him who was trying to catch his breath from running.

[ Ichika! Huh?! Is Hatsuko not with you today? ] ( Kenji )

He asked as he was looking around the girls.

[ He... Hatsuko... He went o-outside the city ahead of us, and he is waiting for my training to begin! ] ( Ichika )

Both Hina and Akemi understood the situation right now.

Ichika never mentioned to her father about Hatsuko's disappearance.

But Kenji looked at his own daughter with a bit of concern.

[ Ichika... Why are you lying to me?... ] ( Kenji )

He calmly asked her.

Ichika's hands were trembling a little, but she managed to hide them behind her back.

[ Im n-not lying... ] ( Ichika )

She insisted on convincing her father that she was saying was the truth.

[ My sweet daughter... I just checked the gate's entrance system where all the hunters leave or enter, and there was no record of Hatsuko entering together with you...

I also checked the security cameras, the only ones who entered were you and those two girls over here. ] ( Kenji )

Kenji calmly explained to Ichika.

[ Father, I... ] ( Ichika )

She didn't know how to respond anymore. Her eyes were restless as she was trying to find an excuse.

[ Hatsuko disappeared... so Ichika decided to help us find him! ] ( Hina )

Hina responded instead. She showed a confident look on her face.

[ Disappeared you say... ] ( Kenji )

He started thinking for a bit.

[ Father I'm sorry but— ] ( Ichika )

[ —Why didn't you tell me sooner? ] ( Kenji )

Kenji once more interrupted her daughter by asking that question.

[ [ [ Huh! ] ] ] ( Ichika / Hina / Akemi )

All of them reacted at the same time.

[ I would have helped you with preparations, so you can find him much faster! I can also send another team to help you out! ] ( Kenji )

Ichika was confused by her father's words. She feared that if she told him the truth, he would have stopped her from leaving the city.

But right now, he agreed on helping them.

[ Father will help us...? ] ( Ichika )

She tried confirming once more.

[ Yes! ] ( Kenji )

Kenji immediately responded to her.

[ But for the moment, come home! We can prepare a bit more before we go outside the city. ] ( Kenji )

[ But we don't have much time! ] ( Hina )

[ Don't worry! I will prepare everything for you! It won't take long! ] ( Kenji )

[ O-okay... ] ( Hina )

.

.

.

.

.

The moment everyone arrived at Kenji's residence, he pulled out his phone and called someone.

[ Yes, prepare armor, weapons, and a search team, around 200 people!— hm... I understand! In 45 minutes?— Okay! ] ( Kenji )

He hanged up his phone.

All of the other girls were looking at him as he was talking on his phone.

[ You don't mind waiting here for around 45 minutes right? ] ( Kenji )

Kenji asked the girls as he put his phone back into his pocket.

The three girls looked at each other and nodded.

[ Yes! Thank you for your help, Sir! ] ( Hina )

She thanked him.

[ Meanwhile, Why don't we eat something? We can't go out with our stomachs empty can we? ] ( Kenji )

He suggested.

[ I'm not that hungry though... ] ( Ichika)

[ Same for me... ] ( Hina )

Both Hina and Ichika responded.

[ No, No! If you don't eat something, I won't allow you to leave this city! At least put something in your mouth, We can also prepare desserts if you want! ] ( Kenji )

[ Desserts?!? ] ( Akemi )

Akemi reacted to the word "Desserts". Those were some of the things that she loved the most to eat.

[ Yes, I can prepare as many desserts as you want then! ] ( Kenji )

He responded with a smile on his face.

[ Then let's go eat! I won't leave until I'm satisfied! You better have enough for me, human! ] ( Akemi )

Akemi placed both of her hands on her hips as she proudly said that.

Kenji confusingly looked at her way of talking, but he didn't pay much attention to that.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Everyone had already sat down at the table.

Akemi, Hina, and Ichika. After a few minutes of waiting, Kenji also joined them. Following him were some servants with lots of different food.

The moment the smell came inside the room, Akemi's face changed into a hungry expression. Saliva was dripping out of her mouth as she was waiting for the food to be served.

[ That looks so yummy!! ] ( Akemi )

She said as the food was placed in front of her.

Akemi didn't hesitate anymore, she started eating without a break one after another plate.

Everyone was shocked by how fast and easy she could eat nonstop.

[ She... she really is something... ] ( Hina )

[ Hehe. ] ( Ichika )

Ichika slightly giggled as she was watching Akemi eat all of the food.

As Hina was watching, she decided to drink something.

They also had a few drinks on the table for them.

Hina took her drink which was near her and took a sip.

[ Oh, it's sweet! ] ( Hina )

She said as she started drinking more of it.

[ Ichika why don't you eat something as well? ] ( Kenji )

He asked her, as he was getting close to Ichika.

[ I do not feel that hungry... ] ( Ichika )

She said to her father.

[ Is that so? ] ( Kenji )

After a few minutes, Akemi was still swallowing entire plates of food. She has eaten more than 30 plates of different foods.

A normal human would have died if they ate as much as Akemi.

But after some seconds, Akemi stopped eating.

[ I...*Slam* ] ( Akemi )

She slammed her head over the food.

[ Akemi!? ] ( Ichika )

She rushed towards her.

[ Akemi are you okay?! ] ( Ichika )

She asked, but there was no response.

[ Hina! Akemi is... ] ( Ichika )

She looked towards Hina, finding her in the same position as Akemi. With her head over the food.

[ What happened to them?! ] ( Ichika )

She looked at her father as she asked that.

But the moment she turned around...

[ Fa...ther...? ] ( Ichika )

She felt a syringe pierced inside her neck.

And the one who did that...was her own father.

Ichika fell down unconscious instantly.

[ I'm sorry Ichika to have put you in this kind of danger.... with that monster! ] ( Kenji )

He held his own daughter as he apologized.

[ For that monster to have brainwashed my daughter and these innocent girls! ] ( Kenji )

After he placed down Ichika, he took out his phone once again and called someone.

[ Yes! I have safely secured my daughter! Begin with the plan! ] ( Kenji )

He hanged up his phone as he clenched his fists in anger.

 

34