Its not easy to change someone! – chapter 100
1.5k 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few seconds, some servants of the house entered the room and carried all of the girls in separate rooms.

[ Are they going to be okay? ]

Beside Kenji, a beautiful woman approached and asked.

That was Kenji's wife.

[ Yes, they will be fine.

But, I'm a bit concerned about that silver-haired girl... ] ( Kenji )

Kenji said with a worried look on his face.

[ Why is that? The drug should be safe! ]

His wife reacted as well.

[ Yeah it is, but that drug can make a powerful monster sleep just from a sip... but that girl managed to eat more than 30 servings of food mixed with that drug! ] ( Kenji )

Kenji explained to her.

[ T-thirty servings?! Is that even humanly possible!?! ]

[ After witnessing her eating all of that, yes it seems it's possible! ] ( Kenji )

Kenji replied after letting out a sigh.

[ But I can't believe that those poor girls were being brainwashed by a monster! ]

She looked Kenji into his eyes.

[ I know! We even got involved our own daughter! How did I not notice this sooner?! ] ( Kenji )

He clenched his fists in anger.

[ It's giving me shivers just from thinking about this... ]

[ I can't blame you... We even invited that monster into our house! Who knows what he might have done! ] ( Kenji )

[ Dear... ]

[ Don't worry! I will definitely take care of this! Those girls mentioned something about him disappearing but... I'm sure he will definitely come back here! ] ( Kenji )

Kenji took out his phone once again as he said that to his wife.

.

.

.

.

* * * *

Hatsuko's POV

——————————

While we were our way, the rest of the wolves were coming towards us. Their expression was aggressive and noisy, making their presence even more obvious.

Those monsters must have smelt the blood of all the children that were eaten here, including the blood of their own species.

From what I could see, there were around six inferior wolves.

I have killed a lot of inferior wolves to the point where they are no longer fun to me.

But they still could be a threat if I don't do anything.

...

What skill should I use on them?

As I was lost in thoughts, Chloe charged towards the wolves without saying anything.

[ AAAGHH!!! ] ( Chloe )

Her whole expression changed as she threw one of her daggers towards the monster's eye.

And at that moment, the monster fell down. Did her attack reach that monster's brain?

Without wasting too much time, she jumped over the wolves and threw her other dagger aimed at the wolf who seemed to be their leader.

As Chloe was panting in anger, the wolves realized the difference in power.

Noticing the threat from Chloe, the wolves tried surrounding her. But Chloe didn't stop there, she rushed and pulled her dagger from the wolf and immediately sliced the eyes of those monsters who were near her. Making those monsters unable to see anymore.

As I was watching Chloe rage, I noticed a slight change in her power.

It was as if she had become several times stronger.

She didn't have anything restraining her from using power beyond her limit.

[ [ GGRGRRRR!!! ] ]

Noticing their situation, the remaining wolves decided to run away from Chloe.

But I know something about the behavior of inferior wolves. They do not forgive, they do not forget, and most importantly, they make sure to avenge their fallen brothers in any way possible.

That's why they saw me and decided to use me as a bait to slow down Chloe.

As I was watching those monsters charge towards me, I stared at them with a calm expression.

I wasn't scared or anything, but one thing was sure... making me their enemy was their worst decision which will lead them to their death.

But before the last two monsters could reach me, I noticed blades coming through their skulls.

And in the distance was Chloe who had thrown them.

After she pulled out her daggers, she charged towards the last two wolves who couldn't see. And without mercy, she started stabbing them in their stomachs, making them feel as much pain as possible.

[ Die! Die! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! ] ( Chloe )

She kept chanting those words as she kept stabbing the wolves all over their bodies.

[ Die... *sniff* Die... ] ( Chloe )

She continued stabbing their bodies, even though they weren't moving anymore. Her hands, her clothes became even dirtier with the monster's blood.

Chloe let go of her daggers.

[ Why... *sniff* How did I let everyone die like this? ] ( Chloe )

She started crying again.

[ I should have died instead of them! ] ( Chloe )

She covered her eyes with her bloody hands.

[ Are you sure about the things you're saying? ] ( Hatsuko )

I responded to her.

It's been bothering me for a while and now I can't endure this anymore.

[ Eh?... ] ( Chloe )

She looked at me. Her face had become stained with blood, tears, and dirt.

[ You keep on saying that you should have died, but here you are alive and surviving. ] ( Hatsuko )

She keeps on blaming herself that it was her fault that they died.

But she is wrong, if those kids were stronger they would have managed to survive.

[ You are nothing but trash right now, and if you keep saying that you want to die... ] ( Hatsuko )

I started approaching her as I said that.

[ I wouldn't mind killing you! ] ( Hatsuko )

My voice didn't sound pleased, angered, or sad. Creating a dagger on my hand, I looked straight into her eyes.

My light steps could be heard as everything around had become quieter.

[ I... ] ( Chloe )

I gripped the dagger in my hand. I was angry at myself that I wasted time again with useless people.

[ ... ] ( Hatsuko )

...

[ I w-want to live! ] ( Chloe )

She said to me as her tears kept rolling out of her eyes.

[ I- I don't want to die! I want to live! ] ( Chloe )

She clenched her own skirt. She looked at me, waiting for me to respond to her.

[ If you want to live, then get up. I won't be protecting you nor I will help you! If you are strong then you don't need to fear anything. ] ( Hatsuko )

Her eyes widened as she was looking at me.

.

.

.

.

.

34