Bath time! – chapter 101
1.5k 7 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm done with this territory, and there is no reason for us to stay here any longer.

After Chloe calmed down, we started moving in another direction away from the river.

Somehow she was really quiet and she didn't seem to ask where we were going.

Not that I would know.

Chloe was right beside me, as we both were running at a constant speed. I didn't want to go too fast since she would be left behind.

Now that I take another look at her, she has become really dirty.

We also spent the whole night hunting that monster. Can she manage to keep moving like this for any longer? She never complained or took a break.

...

Maybe I should take a break.

I also haven't washed my clothes in a while and it's kind of bothering me.

[ We will take a break there. ] ( Hatsuko )

I told her as I noticed a small pond some meters away from here.

[ Yes... ] ( Chloe )

She responded with a calm face.

.

.

.

I didn't sense any powerful monsters around this territory so we should be safe for some time.

[ I will take a quick bath here. Meanwhile, you can rest or do whatever you want. ] ( Hatsuko )

I said to her as I was taking my clothes off.

[ Y-yes... ] ( Chloe )

She sat down near a tree and laid her face over her thighs. Is she going to sleep there?

Well, she can do whatever she wants, not that it matters to me.

The water was really cold, but with my status, I should be fine. But I still can feel the cold water through my entire body, and that is bothersome.

What If I create a fireball inside the pond, maybe that will warm up the water a little bit.

As I made up my mind, I created several small fireballs inside the pond and waited for some minutes.

It didn't take too long until the water became warmer. After I finished washing my clothes, I soaked my whole body inside the water except my head. Shiro got inside as well. More than cleaning her body, she seemed to be playing around by swimming.

It was really warm and relaxing for my body.

Maybe staying here for a while wouldn't hurt.

I closed my eyes as I could feel my whole muscles being relaxed. And I didn't need to worry about any monsters since my skill can alarm me anytime.

There was something special about this place, not only it was comfortable but also really quiet.

There were no people or any kind of noise that would bother anyone. At first, I expected this pond to be filled with fish or any kind of monster, but this place is surprisingly clean.

As I was trying to doze off for a few minutes, I noticed something moving on the surface of the water.

Is it a monster? But I can't sense anything dangerous?

Maybe it was a leaf or something falling over the water.

*bloop* *dribble* *drip*

It was as if something was coming towards me.

Not understanding, where that noise was coming from, I opened my eyes.

Coming on my side was Chloe, naked. 

[ What are you doing? ] ( Hatsuko )

Even though I somehow knew what she was doing, I asked her anyway.

[ Taking a bath? ] ( Chloe )

She responded as if it was the most obvious thing.

[ Couldn't you wait until I was done? ] ( Hatsuko )

I asked her with an annoyed voice.

[ My body was really dirty and I couldn't stand it any longer! ] ( Chloe )

She said as she sat next to me.

Couldn't she sit anywhere else? It's not like this pond is really small and there is barely any spot for more than two people to stay.

Even though almost half of my left arm was ripped off, the wound was already healed and there was no sign of bleeding. I really should find a monster to regenerate my arm.

Close to my left arm was Chloe. Her arm was around 3 centimeters away from me. If she moves any closer to me, she will be able to touch me.

As I was trying to mind my own business, I felt gazes coming from her.

[ What is it? ] ( Hatsuko )

I asked as I turned my face towards Chloe. After washing her body, her skin looked cleaner. Her whole body was soaked with water. And her chest looked like it was floating above the water. I didn't notice when she was wearing clothes, but her chest is quite big.

[ I'm just surprised! Despite being so skinny, you are so powerful! ] ( Chloe )

She started at my arm and my body as she said that.

[ So what? ] ( Hatsuko )

And why does she care about that?

[ That's just amazing! ] ( Chloe )

She showed me a smile as she noticed that I was staring at her.

I looked away without minding her. I also moved my body slightly away from her since I didn't want to be too close.

She looked at me.

But the moment she noticed that I had moved away from her, she immediately closed the distance between us once again. This time, our shoulders were having skin contact.

What's with her?

I moved away from her once again.

[ Hehe ] ( Chloe )

*Splash*

She giggled as she jumped her body to me. She spread her arms open and hugged me. Her bare chest pressed against my body.

Her body was really warm and soft.

[ Wha?!? ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Hehehe ] ( Chloe )

She kept giggling as she was clinging her body to me. But not expecting this kind of situation, I tripped over my own feet, making both of us sinking inside the water. The water wasn't that deep.

After taking my position once again, Chloe still didn't let go of my body. She was hugging me from the front while she was resting her head on my chest.

[ Get away from me! ] ( Hatsuko )

I threatened her as I was staring at her.

But she still didn't let go.

[ Hatsuko... ] ( Chloe )

She called out my name with a warm and soft voice.

And while she didn't move an inch away from me—

[ Thank you... ] ( Chloe )

—she thanked me.

.

.

.

.

38