The feelings of someone can be complex! – chapter 105
1.4k 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I thought that climbing up a mountain was going to be way easier, but after coming all this way, I realized that I was wrong.

I didn't have any trouble walking in this kind of environment but that wasn't the same for Chloe.

[ Haa... Haaa.. Haaa... H...Hatsuko, lets rest for a bit... ] ( Chloe )

I turned around and looked at Chloe. She was really tired and she could barely move at that point.

She was trying to catch her breath while she was holding her own body on a tree.

The more we were going up the mountain, the more I could feel as the air was becoming colder.

Oxygen was beginning to get thinner, making it even harder to move around.

But that didn't seem to affect me, since my stats were higher than they used to be. I can run much faster and I can walk nonstop for a long time.

[ We will continue after 10 minutes rest. ] ( Hatsuko )

I said to her as I was preparing some masks, used from the fur of a monster we had encountered.

[ No way! I need more rest than 10 minutes... ] ( Chloe )

She complained as she sat on the ground while resting her back on that same tree.

I ignored her as I was preparing the masks. The masks I was making can cover the whole neck and the nose, since cold air can actually injure the lungs. I remember reading this kind of information on the internet.

[ Haaaa.... ] ( Chloe )

She caught her breath as she finally relaxed her body.

But at that moment she suddenly started looking at me.

What does she want now?

[ Hey, What are you doing? ] ( Chloe )

She asked.

Chloe kept staring at me while I was trying to make these masks. Using those kinds of masks were going to be a temporary thing since I was using strings made out of "Materialization" to keep them from not breaking apart.

[ Heeeeey... You still ignoring me? ] ( Chloe )

Adding a thin layer with my skill would probably make it harder to breathe so I shouldn't add too much.

This is going to be one use only. But they should be able to last for quite some time, as long as I'm conscious.

[ Hatsuuuukooo, Stop ignoring meeee... ] ( Chloe )

Her voice started becoming higher and more annoying.

Even if the temperature becomes colder, I shouldn't cover myself too much with cloth, since if I encounter some powerful monster, It would be harder for me to move around freely.

[ Let's go. ] ( Hatsuko )

I said to her as I started going up the mountain once again.

[ Right now!? Please let me rest some more! ] ( Chloe )

She started following me while letting annoying sounds out of her mouth.

But I kept ignoring her.

She should be able to have quite some stamina so why is she complaining so much?

Chloe was walking on my side while pouting. It was as she was feeling really angry about something.

I looked at her...

[ We won't be taking any more rest until the end of the day. ] ( Hatsuko )

I told her as we continued walking.

[ HUH?! I'll die if I don't take enough rests you know?! ] ( Chloe )

Her reaction was even louder than before. It's starting to annoy me even more.

[ Then die. ] ( Hatsuko )

I harshly responded to her.

But her reaction this time way different than I expected.

[ Hatsuko you know... I know I told you that I was trained as an assassin but I'm still a girl you know? ] ( Chloe )

Her annoying voice was turned into a calm one as if she was trying to explain things carefully.

[ I don't care about that. ] ( Hatsuko )

[ You really have no sense on how to treat a girl...people won't approach you if you keep acting like that. ] ( Chloe )

Approach me huh...

There was a time when I used to think like that. I always thought that getting popular would get everyone to treat me like their friend. But I was wrong!

All I got was...

...

"You're pathetic!"

"Useless Mixer!"

"HAHAHA! Look at him!!"

"Why don't you die already? You aren't contributing anything to the community anyway!"

"Fuck off Mixer!"

"Go kill yourself!" "Haha, Don't tease him too much or he might break!" "I love seeing your face in despair!"

"Go die right now!" "Die!" "Kill yourself!" "Die!" "Kill yourself!!" "Die!" "Kill yourself!!" "Die!" "Kill yourself!!" "Die!"

"Kill yourself!!" "Die!" "Die!" "Die!" "Kill yourself!!" "Die!" "Die!" "Die!"

...

Unconsciously walking on the way up the mountain I felt something warping around my left hand.

It was a gentle and soft feeling which was warming up my hand. And I could feel as that soft thing was becoming tighter between fingers. I had the feeling that that thing wasn't planning on letting me go.

That's when snapped back to reality.

I looked at my left hand and saw Chloe who was holding my hand. And without thinking too much I removed my hand from her.

[ What do you think you're doing? ] ( Hatsuko )

I asked her.

[ You weren't responding to me and when I noticed... you were making a scary face... ] ( Chloe )

She gently responded to me.

[ That doesn't have anything to do with you. ] ( Hatsuko )

I responded to her.

[ Yes it has! We are together, aren't we? ] ( Chloe )

She stopped in front of me as she said that.

[ No we're not! You're just a tool that I will be using as I please. ] ( Hatsuko )

That's right, she is nothing more but a bait for the monster I want to find.

Nothing more and nothing less.

[ That's fine by me! ] ( Chloe )

She immediately responded to me.

[ If it wasn't for you, I would have been dead anyway, so why does it matter?

If it means risking my life for you then I don't mind at all!

Whether it is killing me or using me as you please! ] ( Chloe )

She confidently said to me. She was talking as if she was proud and really confident in her words.

[ ... ] ( Hatsuko )

I continued walking without saying anything back to her.

[ Hatsuko? ] ( Chloe )

She looked at me for a second after deciding to walk by my side again.

[ Hehe ] ( Chloe )

She slightly giggled as she was walking by my side.

 

32