Demons appearance! – Chapter 120
1.2k 2 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While me and the girls were hiding behind some bushes, a group of Demons were landing in front of us. They weren't that far from us, but not too close either.

[ There’s still no sign of it. ] 

One of the demons spoke after everyone had gathered together. 

Wait, why are they speaking in our language? Or is their language the same as ours?

[ Nothing on that territory as well. ] 

Another Demon replied as he directed his eyes towards the female demon.

[ Same here. ]

She replied without a care.

[ Nothing on my side ]

[ Nothing... ]

[ Couldn't find any. ]

[ None. ]

Everyone was confirming about finding something. What could Demons be looking for? One of them was even looking pissed about this kind of situation.

[ You useless fools! What’s so hard about finding a damn fucking rock?! ] 

One of the demons who was looking pissed about this snapped at everyone. His voice vibrated the earth a little as all of the nearby monsters ran away as fast as they could. 

While on my side was Chloe who was having a hard time breathing from the pressure caused by his voice. 

She held my arm as she was trying not to make a sound. Her grip was really tight as if she didn't want to let me go. On my other side was Angela holding my other arm gently while Demonica was holding her sister. Both of her faces looked really calm about this.

[ But it has passed more than 100,000 years! It could be anywhere! ] 

Another demon complained to him.

[ Wait, what about the @#%$ hole? ] 

[ Yes, some of them have to be there! ] 

Two other Demons said as sweat was running down their face. They looked a little stressed out about this kind of rock.

Don't tell me they are looking for the same artifact as me…

If it's the same thing, then I should find it before anyone else.

[ You think we didn't check there? That's the first place we checked! ] 

The first demon who firstly spoke snapped back at them. 

[ You really are idiots… ]

The female demon smirked as she made fun of them.

[ What did you say!?!? ]

One of the demons clenched his fists in anger, preparing to kill its comrade without hesitating.

[ Hahaha! Not only you are an idiot but also deaf? ]

She laughed at him as she was looking at him with a smirk on her face. 

[ Youuuuu!!! ]

He groaned as he was staring at her. No one was happy about this kind of situation.

[ ENOUGH!! ]

His voice echoed around this area. The Demon who seemed to be the group’s leader was really pissed about this. All of the other Demons didn't dare to peep a sound out of their mouths.

[ Just how long are you going to make me wait? If you don't find those damn things, I will pull your wings out of your backs!! ]

Sweat was running out of their heads as they were trying to not upset the leader Demon. 

[ Why are you still here?! ] He glared at them.

*rustle* *Flutter* *rustle* *Flutter* *rustle* *Flutter*

All of the Demons flew away without disobeying his orders. Now, the only one remaining here was the group’s leader. He looked like he was focusing on something.

[ Yeah, there’s still nothing… ]

He said to himself as he was staring into blank space.

[ Yes, I understand. ]

Is he talking telepathically? He must be talking with a higher-level Demon. 

[ As you wish my lord. ] 

Those were the last words I heard before a powerful wind blew away all of the dirt in the ground. The moment I opened back my eyes, that Demon had disappeared from there.

[ Okay, he is gone… ] ( Hatsuko )

I got out of the bushes as I said that. Chloe still had her hand around my arm.

[ You okay? ] ( Hatsuko )

The moment I asked her that, she immediately got up and hugged me from the front. Her whole body was shaking a lot and I could feel her heart beating like crazy. 

[ They are gone so you don't need to be scared anymore. ] ( Hatsuko )

I tried calming her down somehow but her body did not stop trembling. Her reaction this time was way different from Angela and Demonica.

The aura those Demons released was intense for Chloe. And I could never think of Chloe going up against some Demons in this kind of state.

But what about me? Do I have a chance to go against them?

Their auras were really dense but not harmful to me. I could have tried attacking them by surprise, but If I did so, I wouldn't be able to protect the girls.

[ Hatsuko... They are so strong… ] ( Chloe )

Her voice was trembling as she kept hugging me in the same position. 

[ I know, that's why we should be moving soon. ] ( Hatsuko )

She nodded in response. Chloe was resting her face on my chest making it look like she was rubbing her face.

Angela and Demonica also seemed okay about those demons. 

[ Do you know what kind of rock they were looking for? ] ( Hatsuko )

I asked Angela as she was looking at me.

She shook her head left and right as a response.

[ … ] ( Hatsuko )

Well based on what they know, I didn't expect them to know. But I'm sure that, what those Demons are looking for… are artifacts!

[ Wait… you could understand what they were saying? ] ( Chloe )

She looked up at me in surprise.

[ Well yeah, they were speaking the same language as us. ] ( Hatsuko )

What is she talking about? Couldn't she hear what those Demons were saying? Or maybe she wasn't paying attention at all from her fear?

[ Huh? ] ( Chloe )

[ ... ] ( Hatsuko )

-

-

-

-

-

38