A night in the refugee’s, military base! – Chapter 129
1.2k 6 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sun was slowly setting, I was looking around this place in order to kill some time. This place wasn't that badly managed but they really were low in resources. Near the vehicles were some soldiers relaxing and talking to each other about something. Since I was walking near them, I heard a bit of their conversation.

[ Man, if they hadn't come, we would be gooners for sure. ] ( Soldier 1 )

[ Yeah, I was surprised to see such young girls being able to kill of those zombies that easy. ] ( Soldier 2 )

[ Man, that's what I would call being a fine strong woman. ] ( Soldier 1 )

[ Yeah, if I was 20 years younger, i would have asked one of them out. ] ( Soldier 3 )

[ If she heard "a creepy old man" say that, she would have freaked out. ] ( soldier 4 )

[ Hey! I'm not that old! I still feel my young cells flowing into my body, so i'm definitely not that old. ] ( Soldier 3 )

[ yeah, yeah. Whatever old man. ] ( Soldier 2 )

[ I already told you to stop calling me that! ] ( soldier 3 )

[ [ [ hahahahhaha ] ] ] ( soldier 1, 2, 4 )

[ Anyway, 

what do you think about that guy who is with those girls? ] ( Soldier 2 )

[ He didn't come out until all of the monsters were killed. ] ( Soldier 1 )

[ Perhaps he was hiding until the girls killed the monsters? ] ( Soldier 4 )

[ Maaan! I'm so jealous of him! Being able to stay with all those girls all the time. He even gets protected by such beauties. ] ( Soldier 3 )

[ They've probably done it many times, so give up old man. ] ( Soldier 2 )

[ Nooo! Stop, don't make me imagine them like that. To me those goddesses remain pure to my eyes!

Also stop calling me an old man! ] ( Soldier 3 )

[ You never change do you?… ] ( Soldier 1 )

At first I was a bit confused on why they thought I hadn't done anything to help when I was the one who took out most of the zombies. But after checking their status, I finally understood…

They were much weaker than me, meaning that all of my movements were way faster than their eyes could grasp. 

Maybe, keeping my abilities hidden might be a better option than revealing them like that.

[ oh, here you are. ] ( Joy ) 

As I was looking around, I saw Joy who was coming towards me. Was he looking for me?

[ I’ve been looking for you everywhere, but I couldn't seem to find you. ] ( Joy )

[ Did you need me for something? ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Not me, your friends are. They already sat down somewhere for dinner but they didn't want to eat without you so I looked around for you. ] ( Joy )

Joy awkwardly scratched the back of his head as he was saying that to me. But anyway I didn't ask anything else other than following Joy back to everyone else.

[ Hatsuko, here!! ] ( Chloe )

From a distance I could see Chloe waving at me the moment she saw me. Even the other girls were sitting on the same table as her.

[ I have some work to do now, but you can go and sit with your friends. One of our team will give you a share of food as well so make sure to get your fill before they run out. ] ( Joy )

Joy left after he said that to me. Compared to everyone else here, he really acts differently towards me. 

Did I do something to him or does he actually know about my abilities? I tried checking his status in order to see if he had any skill that was different from every other soldier. 

“The eyes of see-through”

But weirdly enough, he had the same numbers as everyone else in this base.

Anyway, I sat down near the girls after confirming Joy’s status. Chloe, Shiro, Demonica, and Angela hadn't even touched their soup at all.

[ You should eat that before it gets too cold. ] ( Hatsuko )

I said to them as I crossed my arms after taking a look at everyone.

[ I know, but we were waiting for you. Just where have you been? ] ( Chloe )

Chloe complained to me. Does it really matter where I go? 

They are safer here, and when they go back to a city, they should probably continue their normal life.

That also includes me as well. After getting information from Kenji and getting back my stuff, I'm going back to Sakuru.

The city where everything began…

Now that I'm noticing it, where is my share of food? I think that Joy mentioned that they would give me a share of food.

I turned around and saw one of the soldiers who had been giving around canned food to the other soldiers, but the moment we made eye contact, he immediately turned his back on me and walked away.

What was that about?

[ Hatsuko, did you already eat? ] ( Chloe )

She asked me.

[ No ] ( Chloe )

I responded to her as I closed my eyes. But her reaction was positive about this. She came closer to me and moved her spoon filled with soup near my mouth.

[ What are you doing? ] ( Hatsuko )

[ Feeding you ] ( Chloe )

She had a smile on her face as she was waiting for me to open my mouth. 

[ You should eat that, I will be fine with one or two nights without food. ] ( Hatsuko )

But she didn't receive my response that well. It was as if she really wanted me to get fed by her.

[ Muuu! ] ( Chloe )

She released a frustrated noise when I wasn't accepting her own food.

[ Then if you don't eat from my spoon, then i will feed you directly from my mouth. ] ( Chloe )

She was about to place some soup on her mouth in order to feed me. 

No, that's taking it too far!

[ I… I'll accept it from the spoon… ] ( Hatsuko )

I finally gave up and accepted Chloe's offer of feeding me. 

[ Hehe ] ( Chloe )

She slightly giggled the moment I gave up. She moved her spoon near my mouth until I ate it. The soup wasn't that warm but not cold either. But this plain soup made me feel weird somehow. Being fed like this was a new experience for me that I never thought I would experience.

From all around the place, I could feel all the gazes of all the soldiers and people. I wasn't sure what their deal was, but they have been staring ever since I got near the girls.

[ Hehe, see? It's not that bad. ] ( Chloe )

Wait, does she think I'm a picky eater? 

I wanted to ask her, but in the end I didn't bother. 

But she really needs to eat the food more than I do since if she shares her soup with me, she won't recover from fighting all of those monsters until now.

I wasn't making things up when I said to her that I could survive for days without eating anything. Not to mention that I could survive forever by only sucking the life force of monsters that I touch.

Now, how do I convince her to eat her own food and not feed it to me? 

Chloe was preparing another spoon filled with soup while I was speed thinking as fast as I could about a solution.

...

Wait, I think I know a way!

After making up my mind, I grabbed a spoon filled with her soup and placed it at the entrance of her mouth.

[ Huh? ] ( Chloe )

Her confused face slightly blushed as she was looking at the spoon which I was holding.

[ Say aah. ] ( Hatsuko )

Doing this was a bit embarrassing for my age, but I think this will work.

(Author's note: he really used uno reverse card XD)

Chloe didn't say anything else other than closing her eyes and opening her mouth in order for me to feed her. Her cheeks were blushing even more than usual which was a bit unexpected.

Does she feel uncomfortable with me doing this to her? 

But I didn't let her wait for too long, so I let her enjoy the taste of the soup. 

But after a few seconds, Chloe wasn't letting go of the spoon even though she had swallowed the soup.

Is the soup so good that she wants to savour every last bit of it?

When I looked the other way, the other girls were all staring at me. Chloe mentioned that they were waiting for me before eating, but now that I was here, none had even touched their food.

"Masteeeer! No fair, Shiro wants too!" ( Shiro )

She complained to me as she got up from her seat and came to my side. Shiro was grinning with her expression which looked just like a cat.

Well, she literally was a cat some months ago…

Shiro kept looking at me until she threw her arms around my neck and moved her face near it.

I could actually feel her warm breath crushing against me until she thrusted her two pointy teeth which looked like a vampire into my neck.

She can't penetrate my skin with her fangs. That's why I helped her by creating two small holes on my neck just for Shiro using "materialization".

Chloe puffed her cheeks in anger the moment she saw me and Shiro like that. 

[ I see, so Shiro is a worthy opponent. ] ( Chloe )

I have no idea what goes through her mind when she says random stuff like that.

Angela and Demonica who were just staring at us, came on my other side as well together with their soup on their hands.

Both of them were looking at me with their expressionless eyes while holding out a spoon.

[ You want me to feed you? ] ( Hatsuko )

Both of them nodded.

On one side, there was one angry puffed fish, on my neck was one hungry cat thirsty for my blood, and on the other side, two beings who were an angel and a demon that wanted to be feeded by me.

I really am surrounded by an unusual group...

36