Back to U.C.G! – Chapter 132
1.2k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While we were on our way to U.C.G, we found a guy who claimed to be a professional hunter. Even though he said that, he kept making things up in order to cover the fact that he was lost.

[ Those damn, trees! They keep changing their position every time I hunt around here. ] 

The old man groaned as he kept saying random stuff that didn't make sense. His old age really got to him…

[ Well since I let you give me a ride, leave all of the monsters to me. This old man shall deal with them. ]

He held his katana in his hand as he proudly said to us.

How cocky can this old man get when he was the one who jumped in front of the vehicle. Then he suddenly demanded to get inside it with an arrogant tone in his voice.

Since no one bothered to respond to him, Chloe tried talking to that old man.

[ Hm, gramps? ] ( Chloe )

The old man looked at Chloe while keeping the same composure.

[ What is it? ] 

The old man kept his head up while looking down on Chloe as if he was looking at someone inferior to him.

[ What exactly were you hunting for? ] ( Chloe )

I'm not sure where Chloe was trying to get by asking that question but I didn't bother with it.

[ If you are that curious to know, then I shall tell you little one. There's been reports on a new kind of monster that has been wandering around this area, so I took this opportunity to test out my skills. ]

A new kind of monster? If I remember correctly, the guild had a lot of information about the monsters that have been found. But until now, there have been barely any monsters around here. The closer we were getting to the underground city, the less I could sense monsters in my rage.

Did that new monster scare them off? That's unlikely since I would have sensed if there was a presence stronger than the others.

[ Well thanks to those new weapon that the guild has received, we hunters barely have any chance to face a monster. ]

The old man looked away in anger as was complaining.

[ New weapons? ] ( Chloe )

[ Yeah, ever since the guild got its hands on a new weapon, they've been exterminating every monster that they'd encounter. 

Even someone without a skill could use that gun. It can even kill a black bear in a single shot, that's how dangerous it is. ] 

A new gun that can even pierce a black bear without a sweat? Well, that explains why this area has barely any monsters wandering around. 

[ That's amazing! To think that they would make such an amazing weapon. ] ( Chloe )

Chloe amazingly reacted to this new weapon.

[ Yeah, apparently it was invented by someone called Lily. Just from selling this gun, they must have earned a ton of cash. ] 

Invented by Lily?

Don't tell me that is….

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

It didn't take too long before we found the entrance of the city. The surroundings had changed a lot ever since I left this place. Instead of a secretive place, they had opened this area up, and a lot of guards were patrolling in case something bad would happen.

Before we could enter inside this place, we were stopped by two of the security guards who seemed to be fully armed.

[ Stop right there! Show identification cards. ]

The security guy got near the window at the driver's seat as he said that.

[ We're here from Sakuru's temporary base, we are currently going through some trouble, Code 616! ] ( Lloyd )

Lloyd gave a piece of paper to the security guard after he explained our situation.

[ I see, make sure all of the civilians in here get a new identification card as soon as they settle in. ] 

The security guard said as he opened the gate that led to the underground.

This place has definitely changed in different ways. From expanding the entrance of this gate, and the way it was managed, and shielding this place to its fullest.

It was as if everyone inside the city were on high alert and in order to get protection, they had increased the security of this place.

After reaching the lowest part of the gate, we finally arrived at the main entrance of this city. At the main gate, we were stopped again in order to check the vehicle and identification cards, but they let us through when Lloyd showed them some document papers without checking inside the vehicle.

[ Waaah! I never thought I'd see a city like this in the middle of nowhere. 

It feels as if the disaster was just a dream.

Hatsuko, look! They even made a replica of the sky! ] ( Chloe )

Chloe became excited as she was looking through the window.

After a few minutes, we got out of that vehicle near the Civil Status Office building inorder to get new ID cards for Chloe and everyone.

Since they're probably gonna stay here for some time, an ID card would be needed. Getting a new card was just as fast as when I first applied so there weren't any problems. Since they're probably gonna stay here for some time, an ID card would be needed. Getting a new card was just as fast as when I first applied so there weren't any problems. Angela, Demonica, and Shiro managed to get ID cards even though they didn't have one before. But there was one problem, they needed a last name or a family name. When I asked them about it, they both looked at me all confused, that's why I decided on giving them my last name.

 

[ Uuggh! I'm so jealous… ] ( Chloe )

She started sulking as she was looking at Angela's ID card. She got an ID card as well, so why is she acting like that?

Anyway, I wasn't sure if Hina had my ID card, so I decided on reapplying for a new one. But for some reason, the lady who worked here was shocked when I said my full name. But after calming herself down, she wryly smiled as she handed my new ID card.

After that, we decided on going to my old apartment. If Hina, Akemi and Ichika made it back here, then they should probably have the keys to my room.

.

.

.

Next chapter is the current situation back at Sakuru! 6 chapters are already up in my Patreon!

32