A way to help him?! – Chapter 141
1.3k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

Hina's POV

———————

.

My head felt completely empty as screamings of countless people were going around my ears. It felt as if I was going through a long sleep until the noises got even worse.

"N-no, no, no! It's not real! THIS CAN'T BE REAL!" ( Haruto )

I was a bit confused because I don't remember going to sleep. 

Oh, right! Ichika, Akemi and me were about to find Hatsuko and then… Everything else became dark.

"No! Ren! Kanae! Wake up!" ( Haruto )

Is that Haruto? He seems to be calling out to his girls. But I have never seen him act like that…

When I opened my eyes, I saw countless dead bodies laying around, and people running away in fear. 

Is something happening? Should I run as well? But before I made any decision, I noticed Haruto who was nearby laying on his knees.

Laying on the ground were Ren and Kanae, and their bodies were cut in half.

I wanted to scream from the things I was seeing, but somehow I couldn't.

"Huh?..." ( Hina )

After my body was finally awake, I looked in the direction from where people were running from. It was Hatsuko…

His eyes had become completely lifeless as they were shining green. A color which felt as if it was sucking out my soul. He made small movements while countless of his swords were killing all of the people that were near him. 

Why is he doing this…

"Why did this happen to me?!" ( Haruto )

This guy was on his knees as he was talking to himself. He was always selfish and someone who overthinks everything. 

"H-huh? H-Hina?! You're awake?!" ( Haruto )

But as I was about to look for Ichika and Akemi, something grabbed me, pulling me away from there. When I looked at who that was, I saw a white haired girl.

Somehow I felt comfortable being around her so I didn't panic…

But as I was being taken away, I saw as Haruto was reaching out to me in despair. But within the seconds, his head fell into the ground while his body was cut into pieces.

Once again, I didn't feel anything at all from looking at my ex die like that.

After I was brought to a group of girls with Ichika, Akemi, I found out what was happening.

But what shocked me the most was the fact that Shiro had turned into a human, and Akemi was a dragon!

While I was asleep, I felt as if many important events had gone by really quick.

But what I was concerned about was Hatsuko's conditions. I already know that I am in no position to say this, but I really want to help him. My life was filled with nothing but regrets, that's why I wanted to do something right.

And from what I'm seeing right now, Hatsuko seems to be surrounded by beautiful girls who all love him. And they would do anything for him. Somehow I felt really warm about this...

Compared to where I was with Haruto and his girls, I have never felt like this before.

Maybe, Hatsuko may be the one who can show me what true love feels like…

That's why I will do anything to help everyone here!

.

.

.

***

"A piece of the artifact? What's that?" ( Chloe )

Chloe weirdly looked at Akemi as she asked.

"Hmp, then I shall explain it to you humans! An artifact is an ancient crystal that has an insane amount of energy. They were created by an unknown being million years ago. Even Angels and Demons don't know how they were created. I believe that they have been searching for all of them in order to absorb their energy. Some angels even tried killing me because I didn't want to give them my artifact." ( Akemi ) 

All of the girls were a bit shocked by what they just listened to. They already knew that Akmei was a dragon but they still were amazed by what they heard.

"So an artifact can make someone much stronger?" ( Hina )

"Not only stronger, but it can cure any kind of disease. But why do you have a small piece of the artifact when you could have used it?" Akemi wondered as she was looking at Chloe.

"I didn't know it was such an important thing, but even if I knew… this necklace was passed down to me by older generations of my family. I was told to keep it by my side the whole time." She grabbed her own necklace while explaining the origin of it.

"That's weird, your family might have been much stronger if they had used it." ( Akemi )

Chloe looked as she took off her necklace and gave it to Akemi.

"Maybe it was for the best that we never knew the true potential of this necklace. But if this means that it can save Hatsuko…

Then please use it." ( Chloe )

Shiro started rubbing herself to Chloe after Akemi got the necklace. Even the twin sisters got closer to Chloe when they noticed Chloe’s sudden change in her emotions.

"I'm sorry if I made you worry, but I'm fine…" ( Chloe )

She smiled wryly as she was trying to hide her sadness. But Chloe was really strong, that's why she made up mind in order to help Hatsuko.

After Akemi looked at the necklace for a bit, she immediately ate it without a second thought. Her body glowed in the color of green before she realised her own condition.

"There wasn't much energy left in this thing but…" ( Akemi )

All of the other girls were waiting for a positive reaction from Akemi, but from the way she reacted, they all got a little worried.

"…thanks to this, I'm fully healed." ( Akemi )

From Akemi's back, small dragon wings appeared. But before she could fly away Hina tried asking her one last time.

"Akemi, are you sure that you won't need our help?" ( Hina )

Akemi smiled warmly while she had her back turned on everyone. 

"Yeah, I will need everyone's help. But not right now." ( Akmei )

She flew away after she responded to Hina.

The group of girls were thousands of meters away from A.F so they wouldn't get attacked by him. While flying, Akemi could see as the last few humans were getting killed easily by A.F. 

[This might be harder than I thought…] She thought as she landed some meters away from A.F. Dust and dirt were flying around caused by her landing, but that didn't seem to bother A.F.

"For how long do you think you're gonna sleep?!

You stupid human!" Akemi said as a smirk appeared on her face. It wasn't the kind smile where someone would be happy about it. 

But it was the smile with the thought of losing against someone you don't wish to hurt.

.

.

.

32