Dragon’s realm! – Chapter 149
1.1k 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

Hatsuko's POV!

—————————

Akemi led the way towards her dungeon while flying really high in the sky. From up here I could see the horizon and everything around the forest. It was a beautiful view that I could stare at for a long time.

"Waaaaah. We're so high up!" Chloe was flying around as she was enjoying the view just like everyone else. Everyone had already gotten used to flying in the sky and they didn't seem to be bothered or scared by it. Akemi could fly on her own but since she was recovering from her injuries, she relied on my skill. After a while, we landed at the top of the mountain. That place was unusually open and filled with many flowers and different plants. 

“This place is so beautiful....” Hina said as she was looking around with an amazed face. This place is really amazing but from here, I couldn't sense any monsters or any signs of danger at all. It was almost the same as when I first met the twin sisters. While everyone was enjoying this amazing view, Demonica suddenly started walking somewhere. She usually does not separate from her sister, did something happen?

“Oh, it seems like you found the entrance of my dungeon.” Akemi said the moment she saw her walk towards that place. But wait, there’s nothing over there? Is her dungeon underground or somewhere hidden within there? But at that moment, Akemi placed her hand forward causing the place in front of us to distort and break apart.

“What is happening?” Ichika wondered as the view in front of us disappeared and instead, a silver portal appeared. 

“Follow me.” Everyone was a bit confused about what was happening right now. They expected to go towards some kind of underground dungeon, but the moment they entered inside.... We saw something that we would have never expected to see in our entire life. It was a green open field filled with beautiful flowers, a river, and a nice breeze that relaxed our lungs. But what was more astonishing were the flying islands that were floating in the sky. It was as if we were in a completely different world from what we know.

“Welcome to the dragon’s realm!” She said as she opened her arms while showing the amazing view in front of us. But wait, did she just say ‘dragon’s realm’? There is a realm for dragons? 

“This is the dragon’s realm?” Ichika asked.

“Yeah, many years ago, this is where all of the dragons used to live.” ( Akemi )

“Used to live? They are not here anymore?” ( Chloe )

“My own kind was killed and brainwashed by demons or angels for thousands of years.” ( Akemi )

“So they found a way to get inside here?” Akemi averted her eyes with a sad expression on her face when Chloe asked that kind of question.

“One of the dragons that got brainwashed, revealed this realm to them. And they didn't show mercy to anyone, they kidnapped everyone that used to live here...” Chloe clenched her fist the moment she heard that kind of response from Akemi. She already knew the feeling of getting her own family killed, but Akemi had to watch as her kind was not only kidnapped but also brainwashed. 

“That's so... evil…” Hina said as she was listening to Akemi’s story. 

“To them, it wasn’t… They said that it was our greatest honor to be brainwashed by those beings.” Akemi looked really angry as she was holding herself back.

“I tried getting revenge on them, but they didn't even care about fighting back. To them I was nothing else but another failure that couldn’t be used. They didn't even consider me a real threat so they sent brainwashed dragons in order to get rid of me…” ( Akemi )
“W-what did you do?” ( Ichika )

“I had no other choice but to kill them all…” Akemi responded back to Ichika’s question.

“But you’re dragons, you must have had something to help them?” Akemi shook her head left and right when Ichika asked that question.

“Their curse was on another level and I couldn’t do anything at all. But I still didn't want to kill my own brothers and sisters.” ( Akemi )

“Then…” ( Ichika )

“They were still conscious even though their body wasn't listening to them. They kept begging me to kill them while they had the pride as a dragon. 

I had no other choice but to…” ( Akemi )

“Akemi…” Chloe immediately went towards her and hugged her really tight. Akemi looked back at her with a surprised face about Chloe’s sudden reaction. Akemi didn't do anything other than smiling and hugging back Chloe.

“But wait, didn’t you say you had a curse before fighting Hatsuko? How did you resist their curse?” ( Hina )

“My resistance was strong enough to keep my mind and body intact. But still, it was too painful to move around. That's why I decided to sleep for years in order to weaken that curse. And now, thanks to Chloe’s artifact, my curse is almost gone.” ( Akemi )

“But won't they be able to find you now that you are here?” ( Hina )

“That's unlikely. Those beings aren't interested in this place. And they probably forgot about me, even if they tried looking for me. They won't be able to find me, because to them I would be dead.”

“So they would think that you’re dead?” I asked her.

“Yes... I basically changed my aura into something else so they wouldn't be able to track me down.” ( Akemi )

I see, I need to ask her how to do that someday. That might also help me improve my own status.

“Anyway, let's forget about the past and focus on the present.” Akemi smiled as she tried to break the ice.

“Oh, that's right! I almost forgot what we were doing.” ( Chloe )

“But before we enter my dungeon, why don't we go to my house?” Akemi suggested to everyone.

.

.

.

.

Next chapter will come out on 1st October! 

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 6 chapters ahead are available on Patreon!

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

26