A distant memory from the dragon’s city! – Chapter 150
1k 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were a lot of flying islands around this realm and someone could get lost easily if they didn't know their way around. And I'm talking about other humans who aren't powerful enough to protect themselves from danger. But even if they were strong enough, they would be goners if they happen to fall off the islands. While we were flying from island to Island, I tried looking into the distance underneath me. I was a bit amazed by the fact that I couldn't see the bottom of the space even with my skill ‘X10 eyes’. This realm didn't have the sense of night, making this place always sunny the whole time. But what's more surprising, this place didn't feel real at all. If someone told me I was dreaming, I would have believed it. After some time of travelling between islands, I finally saw an unusually massive looking island, differently from the other ones.

“This is…” Hina said as we were flying above that massive island. What we saw on this island were countless houses destroyed to ruins, similar to what I had done to U.G.C. Akemi also felt a little sad as she was watching the past in front of her but she tried covering her real expression with a wry smile.

“This is where all of the dragons used to live…” She explained to Hina. But all of the houses that I could see were humanoid sizes rather than massive looking ones where a huge dragon can fit in. Did most of the dragons live in their humanoid forms?

“That's just sad… how could they do this?” Chloe asked herself as we continued flying over the ruined houses which they never seemed to end. I can imagine how terrible it must have been for all of those dragons to suddenly get invaded by a bunch of angels and demons for their own stupid wars. After continuing for a bit, we finally arrived at a massive looking castle. It was mostly broken at some parts and it looked like it was about to collapse anytime now. 

“This is where I used to live. It doesn’t look much but I guess I can call it home.” Even though this place was mostly broken, I could tell that this castle was astonishing to the human eye. The structures were completely different from human castles, that's what made this castle so valuable and beautiful. The way this castle was built, would be almost impossible for humans to replicate. 

“Waaaah… This place is massive...”  Chloe was almost speechless from the view of this castle, leaving her mouth half open.

“Yeah, it's like a fantasy-like castle.” ( Hina )

“Your house is so big compared to the other ones.” ( Ichika )

Even though most of the houses were destroyed, the other girls tried not mentioning how it looks right now, but how amazing it would have looked before they were destroyed. Now that I think about it, if Akemi used to live in a huge castle, then that means she was some kind of queen of the dragons?. That might be possible considering her strength as a dragon. 

“Akemi-san… you said that angels and demons destroyed this place thousands of years ago.” ( Hina )

“Yeah, that's right.” ( Akemi )
“Then how come this place looks as if the destruction had happened not too long ago?” Now that I think about it, Hina was right about this. If thousands of years have passed then everything in here would have turned back into dirt and dust from time.

“That's because time here flows differently from your world. If no living beings are inside this place, then this realm will just freeze since it has no more use.” She explained to us about the time difference between these worlds. So that means while we’re here, time will flow slower compared to Earth. And the moment we step out of this realm, time will freeze until someone decides to come back in here. 

“But now that this realm is unfreezed, won't it be dangerous for you to go inside this castle?” I wondered as I asked this question to Akemi. Even though this place was almost untouched by time, that doesn't mean it will be safe now that we're here. 

“As long as I’m alive the walls of this castle won't collapse from time to time, so don't worry.” She proudly said to us. 

“But I still can’t believe that you used to live in this massive castle.” Chloe also finally came to senses after looking at the castle with her mouth open in amazement.

“It's not that strange though, is it?” Akemi wondered as she crossed her arms together in order to think about this.

“If you say that it's not strange, then wouldn't that make you some kind of ruler of this realm?” ( Chloe )
“No, my father was the ruler of this realm. I guess you humans would call it… a king, right?” ( Akemi )

“But then, doesn't that make you…” ( Hina )

“““A princess!!!??”” Everyone suddenly reacted from the realisation of what Akemi was. I was a bit surprised as well that Akemi was actually the princess of dragons. She has silver hair, silver eyes and a beautiful fantasy-like face. If I look closer to her, she definitely has the looks of a princess. I wonder if she has always looked like that. I never bother to even look at her, but she’s actually really pretty.

“I guess you can say it like that.” Everyone looked really shocked when Akemi confirmed her own status as a princess. Everyone became silent as they were looking at Akemi really closely. Are they trying to imagine Akemi wearing princess-like clothes while being in this castle? I really doubt that they wore clothes similar to humans. But I don't want to ruin their imagination by saying that.

“Enough about that, let's just go inside.” She tried bringing them back from their imaginary thoughts as she said that. And Akmei is right, even though time flows differently here, that doesn't mean we can just waste time.

“She’s right, we shouldn’t waste too much time here. Isn't that right… 

Princess Akemi?” She blushed the moment I called her that. It was a reaction that I have never seen her do. 

“J-just Akemi is fine! There’s no need to call me a princess!”  Even everyone else looked really surprised by what I just said.

“I have never seen Hatsuko joke and smile like that…” Chloe reacted as everyone was staring at me intensely. Some of them were even blushing as well.

“I guess he can smile like that as well.” ( Hina )

Since it became a little awkward from looking at me, I tried changing the subject.

“Anyway, we should head inside.” But no matter what I said, they kept staring at me… especially my face as if they were waiting for me to do something.  But as we continued walking forward, we finally reached the main entrance of this castle. But when I stepped my foot inside this castle, everything turned dark on me. 

What happened? Is everyone okay?

But as I was trying to understand what was happening, in front of me appeared a guy with sharp pointy silver hair, big muscles and black sharp nails on his hand.

“MU HA HA HA HA HA HA! Kneel before me for I am the great RULER of all dragons!!!” This guy suddenly reacted the moment he appeared before me. 

.

.

.

.

.

It's October, and you know what that means! It's the perfect time of the month to join Patreon and read what happens next! 

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 10 chapters ahead are available on Patreon!

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

24