A war that was never meant to happen! – Chapter 152
973 4 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Angels and Demons did not exist before." I was a little surprised by what he said because there were no such records in history books or legends.

"So everything was fine at that point?" Angels and Demons were nothing but destruction to humanity, so I figured that the world was peaceful without them.

"I don't know… some of my memories are missing since I am nothing else but a fragment." I also noticed that his body was getting transparent as time was passing by. Is his time running out?

"But one thing is for sure… the war between Angels and Demons was not supposed to happen...!" Suddenly, the dark void turned into some kind of image as he was saying that to me. It was the image of a peaceful world with no monsters. Human's technology wasn't that developed but there were different wars between them. At that time, none of the humans had any abilities or skills.. 

"As you can see, humans had a huge impact on the nature of this world. They were at the top of the food chain, and they didn’t have to worry about any danger other than themselves." He explained to me how humans treated nature harshly from their many wars. Lands were filled with their dead bodies from countless bloody battles that continued going for a long time. 

"Wait, are you saying that humans were the cause between the war of Angels and demons?" I immediately asked the moment he said that to me. 

"Once again, I have no answer to that question. Angels and Demons are incredibly powerful beings that cannot be compared to anyone. And as you can see, humans were the weakest race in the whole world. That's another reason why I don't think humans had anything to do with their never ending war." Other than that, he also showed me the view of the dragon’s realm of how it used to look before it was destroyed. All of the dragon's in humanoid forms were happily living in this place. 

"We dragons have a great pride in ourselves. Gathering powerful materials we like, finding powerful opponents in order to compare our strengths, or sleeping for as long as we want. But, we also love spending our time with our own kind in these peaceful lands. That's why the elder dragon created this realm in order to protect other dragons from Angels or Demons. Of course, the elder dragon had to sacrifice himself in order to create the realm." All of the memories that this guy was saying were appearing in the void. How this realm was created, until most of the dragons were being killed.

"We never expected that one of our own dragons would betray us and expose the entrance of this realm. I don't blame that young dragon as I knew that he was being brainwashed by those merciless bastards. And at that point, the elder's dragon sacrifice was wasted by those beings." From what I could see, all of the dragons fought together but in the end, they couldn't compare to the power of Angels. Their pride was easily destroyed until there was nothing else but a brainless dragon that was at their disposal. Those dragons that managed to hide from Angels, were easily found by Demons. 

"So everything was pointless? Those beings don't have a weakness at all?" Dragon's have longer lifespans, at least they must know some kind of weakness that Angels and Demons have. If not… then humanity won't stand a chance against them at all. This world will be destroyed until there'll be nothing but ruins.

"They do have one weakness…" He responded back to me, but from the way he was talking, I understood that there was some kind of catch.

"Angels can be defeated by the opposite of their energy, and Demons... the other way around. Meaning... only Angels and Demons can kill one another…" So the only way to stop the war between the Angels and Demons, is to just stand by until they kill each other. But wouldn’t that be worthless for everyone else that doesn't have anything to do with their war?

“That's what we thought until we found a way to actually kill an Angel and a Demon.” The image around us changed once again as he was showing me what he knew. 

“We dragons have been attracted to shiny things. That's why we liked going around the world in order to find something that we could collect. And one day, that's when we found…” In that image, I saw a green glowing rock which was similar to Chloe’s necklace but at the size of a human head. 

“An artifact.” I said out loud the moment I recognized that kind of rock.

“Yes, that's what most would call them, but us dragons call those things, 'crystals' or to be more precisely ‘Crystal of life’. 

By absorbing their energy inside them, we could increase our strength much faster than we would have thought, but... ”

“But?”

“Dragons couldn't absorb an insane amount of power without consequences. That's why we created a dungeon using all of the crystals we had found. By defeating all of the monsters that would appear, we could gradually absorb their energy without injuring ourselves." So basically, they spread all of the crystals in some kind of dungeon, allowing them to slowly absorb them by defeating the monsters. But those crystals are becoming more interesting, not only are they used as a way to heal injuries, they also can boost someone's potential power. 

"But seeing how the dragons ended up, then those crystals weren't enough?" I know that a crystal can increase your power, but in the end, that thing was too good to last for too long.

"From all of these years, we only have managed to kill low-ranking Angels and Demons, but once they finally noticed what we were doing…" 

"That's when they started hunting you down?" He nodded, noticing that his body was becoming less visible.

"Seems like my time is running out." He said to me while waiting for the last part of his consciousness to disappear.

"Wait, why are you telling me all of this?" He smiled at me the moment I asked this kind of question.

"Isn't it obvious? It's the least I can do for you. After all, you are the man Akemi has chosen." From the bottom of his body, he was being reduced to white small particles. The surroundings around us were also becoming much brighter as he was disappearing into nothingness, until everything around me became really bright.

.

.

.

"...Hatsuko?... Hey Hatsuko?! Are you alright!?" In Front of me was Ichika with everyone who was staring at me. It seems like I was transported back to everyone else. 

"He's not responding at all… Alright, let me check something." Akemi started coming toward me with a smirk on her face while moving her fingers around in a weird way.

"Check what?" I asked the moment I saw her coming towards me.

"""Waaah!!! He's back!!""" Chloe, Ichika and Hina reacted when I asked. 

"What's wrong?" I asked while looking around, none of the girls seemed to realize that I was teleported somewhere else. And when I came back to senses, I was back at the exact spot. 

"it's just you suddenly stopped moving for a few seconds." Ichika said that to me with a worried look on their faces. I think that Akemi's father didn't actually teleport my physical body but just my consciousness. Since time flows differently here, I must have looked like I was standing still without responding to anything.

"I was thinking of something, that's all." While we continued following Akemi, I decided to ask her something. "If most of the dragons were brainwashed, how come that the dungeon you mentioned is still as it was? I'm sure that Angels or Demons would have taken all of the energy from the dungeon’s crystals." If those beings were in a war, it would have been really stupid if they didn't get everything they could in order to get stronger.

"Ah, that's what you're worried about? Only my father could actually open the dungeon. So each time a dragon warrior wanted to train, my father would give permission if he could enter or not, after all, only specific dragons could get the chance to get strong really fast. Also, the dungeon is well hidden and barely anyone knew where the dungeon was located." Akemi proudly explained to us the rules they had about the dungeon. But right now, there's something bothering about what Akemi just said.

"Then how can we go inside the dungeon if your father was the only one who could open it?" Akemi blankly stared at Hina the moment she asked the question I was wondering as well.

"Eh?" And based on Akemi's reaction, it seems like she forgot that she did not have access to the dungeon.

.

.

Let me know in the comments what you think of this chapter!

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 15 chapters ahead are available on Patreon!

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

 

 

28