Life is beautiful if you are with the ones you love! – Chapter 164
707 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is the dungeon’s entrance near that cave?" Chloe wondered as she pointed her finger towards a cave that was located at the top of a hill near there.

"No, that's actually a natural cave. It confuses anyone who wants to find the real one." Akemi tried explaining to Chloe and everyone.

"Is the real entrance a dimensional gate?" Hina asked after she thought for a bit.

"Yes, that's right! The real dungeon is located thousands of meters deep underneath us, so we can take our time and rest for now." Akemi suggested, then she sat down with the rest of the girls. 

"Now that I'm looking around, isn't it a bit too dark around here? Shouldn't we move to a more open place?" Chloe said as we were looking around. 

We were surrounded by dense trees, making it harder for everyone to look around.

"Chloe is right, we can't even start a fire here since there's a chance we'll light the trees on fire." And Hina also said after recovering from the flight. 

While me, Shiro and probably Akemi could see during the night, that was different for the rest of the girls. They could barely see what the area around here looked like. And it would be hard for them to walk to another place without being able to look.

After I thought for a bit, I decided to create several hundreds of small spherical things created by me, then I made them float around our heads. 

"Are those… fireflies…?" Hina reacted as she was looking at the green glowing particles that were flying around this area.

"No… it's Hatsuko's doing!" Chloe responded back to Hina. 

They all looked amazed as they were staring at the beautiful view of this place that was brighter thanks to 'materialization' glowing light and 'telekinesis'.

"It's so beautiful." Ichika’s eyes reflected the particle's light just like everyone else. 

Akemi was quietly looking at them just like the rest of the girls while on the other hand, Shiro was trying to catch the particles with her hands.

.

..

In the next morning, everyone was fully ready and prepared to conquer the dungeon. Akemi led us to the dimensional gate like usual and prepared ourselves for the next challenge that this dungeon had to offer.

"Is everyone ready?" Akemi asked in excitement as she opened the gate.

"""Yes!""" ( Chloe/Hina/Ichika )

After everyone was fully prepared, we entered inside the gate which led us to the entrance of this dungeon. The place was just like a usual cave and really dark since there was no light source. 

I lit up our way for the other girls so they could see their surroundings.

“This place is way different from the other dungeon…” Chloe said as we were looking around this palace. Not to mention the plain smell of the rocks and mold.

“Of course this dungeon would be different from the elder’s one! This dungeon was used by young dragons who wanted to sleep without being bothered by monsters or humans. They used the crystal of life in order to absorb its energy slowly while doing nothing but sleep.” Akemi explained the way how dragons used these dungeons to become more stronger.

“Seems like a lazy way to become stronger…” Chloe said back to Akemi with a flat voice. 

I don’t blame Chloe for feeling that way since I am sure she must have trained a lot when she was an assassin. Countless days of trying yourself in order to become slightly stronger, while a dragon could become a natural disaster by just sleeping.

“That’s how most of the dragons usually spend their time. When nothing interesting happened, we’d just go to sleep for years.” Even though Chloe was right, Akemi didn’t find it weird as she was explaining the dragon’s way of life.

“By the way… do you know what kind of monsters are in this dungeon?” I asked Akemi.

“Uhhh… not really…” She averted her eyes away from me while letting everyone else take the lead of the group. 

After a few seconds, we noticed some kind of manties at the size of a bear coming towards us in a creepy way. Even the way they made sounds, was quiet and gross at the same time. After noticing an insane amount of them coming towards us, both Angela and Demonica created a shield like barrier and pushed the mantis away from us.

“Thanks Angela, Demonica!” Chloe charged towards the mantis after making sure that everyone else was at a safe distance from those monsters. Chloe aimed for their heads by easily cutting them off, then avoiding their sharp front legs which were sharp enough to cut through a rock with ease.

Shiro also joined Chloe in mass killing all of the manties at full speed. Her sharp like claws on her fingers cut through the mantis skin without too much effort. While mantis didn’t have blood, they released some kind of yellow liquid when they were brutally killed by Chloe and Shiro. While Chloe was trying to avoid getting dirty, Shiro was almost soaked with the mantis body liquid.

“They’re going overboard…” HIna reacted as Chloe and Shiro were exterminating all of the mantis that were coming this way while the rest of us were staying behind the barrier that was created by the twin sisters.

“They can’t help it. After noticing their sudden growth in their power, they’ll try to become much stronger than before.” Akemi quietly explained as she was looking at them from the back.

It didn’t take long before the last mantis standing was brutally killed in an instant by Shiro’s insane speed. 

When Chloe and Shiro came back inside the barrier, a stinky smell filled this place. Even though Chloe was trying not to get dirty, she still got the smell of the mantis carrion. But Shiro on the other hand was in an even worse state, she was soaked with yellow sticky liquid after killing the mantis.

“Ugh! You stink!” Both Shiro and Chloe froze the moment Hina held her own nose to block the terrible smell. 

“A-Akemi!” Chloe rushed towards Akemi in a hurry as she was trying to say something to her.

“What?!” And Akemi on the other hand responded while trying to keep her distance from her smell.

“Is there any place where we can wash ourselves!?” Both Chloe and Shiro were looking at Akemi, waiting for a positive response. 

Akemi looked at them with a little pity as she was trying to think of a solution to their terrible smell.

“I think there is a lake on the next floor, so you can use that.” Akemi wryly smiled as she was trying not to get too close to them.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Started playing Minecraft so much, almost forgot I had to post new chapter in this novel XD.

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon!

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

    Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit     

16