The boss of the last floor is actually a… – Chapter 168
835 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We continued going at an insanely fast pace until we reached the last floor of this dungeon. 

If I had to describe, this dungeon was a lot easier for the girls compared to the dragon’s one. That may be because everyone was getting much stronger than before. But as they were growing stronger, so their confidence in themselves was.

“This dungeon is easy peasy!” Chloe said with a satisfied smile on her face while Shiro and the rest were waiting for Akemi’s instructions.

“Of Course, this would be an easy challenge for all of you. This dungeon was meant for monsters or normal humans.” Akemi explained as everyone confusingly looked back at her for a moment.

“Normal humans?” Hina wondered as if she just realised something.

“Yeah, normal humans. 

You all have gotten almost as strong as a normal dragon, and It's actually impressive to see that with my eyes.” Akemi said as she crossed her arms in disbelief.

“As strong as a normal dragon? Hahahaha if that was true, then would I be able to even break this rock with my bare hand?” Chloe laughed as she pointed her finger to a significant rock that was almost as big as a human.

“You can, Try it!” But Chloe’s smile slowly disappeared when she realised that Akemi was actually serious. 

She got close enough to the rock and with one punch, she blew the massive rock apart. The twin sisters also put a barrier around us so the smaller rocks would hurt any of us.

“Heh…?!” She blankly looked after realising the strength behind her punch.

“D-Doesn't this make us out of ordinary…?!” She asked herself as she continued looking at the dust falling into the ground.

“Yeap that's what I'm talking about because humans usually can’t get this strong.” Akemi let out a sigh in frustration.

“I reached this kind of power on my own, so shouldn't it be easy for other humans to get stronger if they killed monsters as well?” 

Akemi looked at me when I asked this before she smirked.

“I never thought of you as human, Hatsuko. So you don’t really count.” She looked away from me after she said that. “But these girls are still humans and I can tell that. But the question is… how did they break their own limits?” Akemi wondered.

“I don’t know if I’m right, but what if it's because of Life crystals? Or perhaps, it's because we entered inside the dragon’s realm?” Akemi thought for a bit when Hina asked that kind of question.

“What you are saying is true to some extent but also wrong at the same time.” Akemi began explaining to everyone. “The dragon’s realm does not have such effects upon living beings. That realm was simply a different place fit only for dragons like me. In the first place, humans wouldn't even survive entering that place because of the overwhelming aura.” 

“Then how come we are fine after spending days in the dragon’s realm? Is it because of how our strength and power improved? That must be it, right?” Chloe quietly thought to herself as she placed her finger on her lips.

“Of course you'd be fine after entering my realm. Since all of the other dragons that were releasing aura in the air, are gone. And there was basically nothing that would make that place much different from your world.” Akemi said to Chloe after hearing her question.

“I think we should move…” Everyone looked at me after I suddenly interrupted their moment of discussion.

“So it's finally here…” Akemi also said with a smirk on her face after looking at the massive door in front of us that led to the last flood.

“Is everyone ready?” Everyone nodded the moment Chloe asked that question.

The massive doors began opening slower than usual, shaking the ground as it was sliding open in a dramatic way while dust was flowing around the entrance.

“Cough! Cough!! Seems like this place hasn't been cleaned properly.” Chloe commented when the entrance of the last floor was fully open.

But as we were entering inside that place, It was a massive open room with no way of getting out besides this entrance.

“I have a bad feeling about this…” Hina said as we were walking inside this insanely big room. If I had to think of why this room was this big, it would be because of how a dragon with a massive body used to sleep.

“Don’t let your guard down.” I warned everyone as we were looking inside the room.

The presence was a lot different from the other monsters so I could tell that something wasn’t showing itself up.

“Why do I have a feeling that this is a trap?” Chloe asked as a drop of sweat was coming out on her head. While I do have my own suspicions, Chloe’s intuition as an assassin shouldn’t be ignored. 

Whatever is waiting for us to let our guard down, was definitely somewhere in this room and ready to strike us.

Hina and Ichika were close to each other's back while Shiro and Chloe were together with Akemi and the twin sisters. This was the kind of formation where we would be ready from any kind of attack that may happen. It's a little risky in case something strikes us in the back where Ichika and Hina were… but I’m definitely sure that that won't happen.

“Filthy humans who dare to step inside this sacred place! Leave immediately or death shall be brought upon you!” A hollow voice echoed throughout this room as we were trying to figure out where it was coming from.

“H-huh?! Is it the dragon of this dungeon!!!?” Ichika freaked out a little while everyone else was getting ready to defend in case of a surprise attack.

“No, there are no dragons in this place so you can rest assured about that.” Akemi informed us about this voice not belonging to a dragon. 

And she is right, the aura I’m feeling is definitely not from a dragon. If I had to say, it was rather a weird one, much different from what I have ever felt before.

“Leave now or Death will be your fate!!!” That voice loudly spoke once again, almost shaking the floor from its vibrations.

Hoo? So you’ll bring death upon a great dragon like me?” Akemi suddenly spoke up after hearing that voice once again. “That sure is interesting!” Her voice contained blood-thirst as her dragon eyes narrowed to slit.

“H-Huh!!!? D-dragon!!? D-Don’t fool with me!! Leave this place now!!” That powerful hollow voice suddenly struggled to talk in disbelief for a moment before continuing to threaten us all once again.

“Maybe we should listen to it and leave.” Hina suggested as she held Ichika’s hand.

“I don’t think that Hatsuko would want to leave like that though…” Ichika replied back to her.

“Yeah. Hatsuko would definitely try to fight it.” Chloe also added while wryly smiling.

“No, let's leave. That thing clearly wants us out of here.” But the moment I said that, everyone looked at me with a shocked look on their faces. It was as if they couldn't believe what I just said.

“You’ll really l-leave?!” That hollow voice suddenly asked with a little excitement when it heard me. But that was what I wanted to hear one last time.

“Found you!” I said as I threw a materialized net towards the presence of that voice. I made sure that the net would be powerful enough so no monster or any being would be able to get away that easily.

“W-wha!? HYA@#$” And from the way it reacted, It means that I hit the bullseye. 

When I tried retrieving my materialized net, I saw something yellow glowing through it.  After I restrained its movements, I could finally see where that voice actually came from. 

It was a small humanoid blonde haired girl at the size of a hand with fragile looking limbs that would break if I suddenly gripped her whole body.

“Is that…” Chloe said after realising what it was.

“That's definitely…” Hina also realised the moment she got a closer look at her.

“Interesting…” Even Akemi smirked a little after looking at that.

The boss of the last floor was actually a…

“Fairy?” 

.

.

.

.

Been sick the past few days so I haven't been able to write that much...

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

    Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit     

20