Spread your wings! – Chapter 225
352 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

<━━━━━━━━━━━>

There seemed to be a lot of the demons who were panicking out far away from the main battlefield as they saw many of their own kind being easily and brutally slaughtered. Blood spurted everywhere, dead bodies lay all over the place. And to describe the feeling that everyone was having…. Would be chaos.

However, a certain group of angels and demons could be seen together, talking about something, not too far from the same location.

“Just because our lord trusts you, doesn't mean that we trust you as well.” A certain angel angrily told the dark haired demon who was casually smiling, uncensored about their opinion.

“I don’t really care if you trust me or not.” The dark haired simply smiled. “But you should know that everything I do is for the sake of our master.”

“If what you’re saying is true, then prove it to us!”

The dark haired demon softly smiled at the challenge that was given to him. “As you wish.”

And once the dark haired demon responded, his body vanshied to thin air.

……

….

Many demons could be seen debating and trying to reach an agreement back at the demons' main headquarters about how all of their forces had been destroyed and their slaves had been let free.

“Removing the collars should be impossible!! Only the one who placed the collar should be able to remove it!” One of the demons loudly said as if trying to show common sense to the other demons.

“But that's what happened!! A human flew between all our captured and released them from their binding!” Unable to comprehend what he was supposed to say in response to what he had witnessed on the battlefield, another demon spoke.

“Are you insane?! A human should not be capable of such skills! You must have been under some kind of illusion by those damn white winged bastards!” The demon snapped back with a glaring face that was aimed at no one.

“Then what should we do? We already lost a lot of our battle demons!” The same demon inquired.

But before there could be an answer to his question, a certain shadow appears on their backs.

“There’s no need to do anything.” The shadow spoke, only to reveal its presence and appearance.

“Huh?! Who are you!? And how did you get here?!” The demon with the highest authority glared while looking at this dark haired demon who appeared out of nowhere. They were very aware of their own ranks and each demon had a specific role, thus this particular demon didn't appreciate instructions being disobeyed unless another demon wanted to challenge them in order to surpass them and gain their position.

“It's very disappointing that you no longer recognize me….” The dark haired demon let out a disappointed sigh before disappearing and reappearing right in front of this general demon. “But not that it matters anymore.”

The general demon froze as he felt a burning feeling in his own stomach. That's when he looked down, only to realize the hand of the dark haired demon cutting through his stomach.

“Huh?” The confused general demon was left speechless as he couldn't grasp the speed of the dark haired demon. He was already considered strong within the district, that's why he assumed that this demon must have been from the higher ranks.

But once the general looked back at the dark red eyes which had a sharp feeling into them, his eyes widened in shock at realization.

“Y-you!” The general demon struggles to speak as within that second he soon realized who this demon was. “.... But that… shouldn't be possible….”

And once the general fell into the ground, the dark haired demon didn't react in any sort of way while looking at the general.

“Now them.” The dark haired demon spoke with a smile on his face, grabbing everyone's attention after killing their leader. “Who wants to be next?”

Seeing how easily their commander was killed, all of the demons took this as an opportunity to rush towards the intruder who had betrayed its own kind.

They no longer cared about his reasons since most of the present demons wanted to take this as an opportunity to take the lead of this squad.

"Get him!!"

"Dieee!!!!"

"Don't let him get away!!!"

All of the demons grouped together in order to overpower the sole demon. But no matter what they did, they failed to even land a hit on the dark haired demon.

The dark haired demon only kept his calm smile while continuing to swiftly move around as if judging the movements of all opponents. And he still continued doing that while dodging all of the demons who were trying to prevent him from even taking a break.

But despite their best efforts, the dark haired demon eventually grew bored with those demons and resumed his murderous rampage.

The majority of the area was covered with the dead corpses of numerous demons, which were brought about by a single being that was wiping his fingers clean of the blood of his fallen enemies.

"Who would have thought that my own race had weakened so much." The dark haired demon spat out in disappointment while giving a sharp look at all of his brothers and sisters he just quickly killed.

But one question that remained in everyone’s mind was as to why this particular demon was willing to help out other angels to the point of killing his own kin?

He dispelled any concerns that he might have been a spy by killing them in a manner that suggested he had no regard for the lives he took. However, that would imply that this demon had gained the trust of the other angels.

After the whole planet was cleared out of all demons and angels that were trying to invade each other, there could be seen some particular humanoid beings helping the enslaved species return back to their own worlds.

Despite the fact that many of the species were afraid of the angels helping them, they still listened to what they said. Not because they couldn't fight back, but because there was another particular human being that had saved their lives.

While thousands of species that involved all kinds of monsters of beings from different worlds were moving back to their own worlds, Seikatsu together with his whole group were discussing all the achievements they had done in this place.

“All of our movements are going according to plans, and if we continue at this peace, we believe that we’ll have all of the districts under balance.” Sofiel informed Seikatsu with a voice that showed not only confidence but also pride in the work that everyone had done this far. “And for today, it was all thanks to Lucy.”

“I’m simply doing what my master has ordered me to.” The dark haired demon slightly bowed to Seikatsu as he tried being humble at the credit he had from defeating most of the demons.

Many of the angels already believed that after managing to come so far, they would be able to achieve their most wanted goal after a long time.

But what were this group's goals and why were they working together in order to not only stop demons, but also their own kind as well?

That's what the dark haired demon firstly asked before sending himself out and asking this particular human being to become his own master.

But the situation was a lot more complicated than oneself could understand, that's why the dark haired demon, Lucy, took on the task of becoming the right hand of this particular green eyed being.

But why?

The answer was simple as the reason why all of the angels had decided to follow Seikatsu in stopping not only the war between angels and demons, but also freeing them from their unending torment.

They had faith, and hope that someday…. The place that once was called heaven and hell… would become balanced once again.

[ If it’s master…. Perhaps, he might be able to prevent these two realms from collapsing…. ] The dark haired demon thought to himself as he looked up at his own master that brought hope to everyone around him.

.

.

.

.

3 more chapters until the reunion happens!

<━━━━━━━━<>━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon !

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

   | Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit |

8