A rumor that brings disaster! – Chapter 229
426 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at the same building where many human teenagers were being kept, a certain elf was guiding all of them somewhere where they would be able to eat or equip weapons if necessary. Most of the Sakuru students were already equipped with their own weapons, that's why no one decided to acquire one. But that didn't stop them from taking a look at the weapons held in the 10th heaven realm.

“And here I thought that we would be seeing some angelic weapons.” Raiden let out a disappointed sigh while looking at the weapons presented in this room “These are all old fashioned swords and shields that no one really uses anymore…..”

“Don’t get too cocky now. There’s no way they would let us use their weapons.” Tanaka responded to the disappointed Raiden who was still looking around the room.

“That is correct.” The emotionless elf guiding them also agreed with them, grabbing everyone's attention. “Most of the weapons that angels use are deadly to mortals, that is why it's near impossible to use any of them.”

“Has any mortal ever tried their weapons, or are those just some made up statements made up by angels?” A certain tall student with glasses inquired, interested in what the elf was going to say.

“....”

And to everyones’ surprise, Tatsuya seemed to have hit something with his question.

“I don’t know…” The elf responded with a voice that wasn't sure of what was supposed to say.

Tatsuya on the other hand simply readjusted his glasses up his nose blocking anyone else from seeing the kind of eyes he was making right now.

“Is that so?” Tatsuya softly asked, confident in what he was doing.

After some time of looking around, the elf looked around in confusion before asking. “Where are the rest of you?”

“I think they are still in the weapon room.” One of the humans tried guessing.

“I was ordered that we shouldnt be separated. We’ll have to go back.”

“No, that will take too long.” Tanaka interrupted the elf before looking at the girl beside him without a care. “Rei. You go back and tell them to come here.”

“I understand…” With barely any emotion in her voice, Rei walked back to the weapon room without much complaining. Her face didn't change and she could tell that everything would be coming to an end anytime soon.

With the death of her whole family, the disappearance of the person she loved, and the continuous bullying from Tanaka, she had almost given up from everything. Even right now, she had no other choice but to come together with the strongest humans in Sakuru and act as their healer. That was her sole role. But from what Tanaka was doing, none seemed to care that much about her wellbeing.

Once Rei managed to bring back the rest of the girls who were already geared up in their specialized armor, the rest of the Sakuru students watched with a bit of amazement and envy at their gear.

“We are no longer in our world. Don’t you think that sticking together is a better option?” Tatsuya asked the moment the girls came closer to the rest of the group.
But to his surprise, all of the girls simply walked past him, uninterested in what he had to say, despite the fact that he was the captain of the whole team.

“....” Tatsuya wasn't pleased about this kind of treatment, that's why he softly glared at the eight girls who weren't interested in cooperating.

Once everyone was regrouped once again, the elf led everyone to a certain place where they would be able to see the whole area field where they would be fighting to death with other species.

“This is where you’ll be participating against other beings from other worlds.” The elf explained with a poker face. “The tournament will last until one hundred of you are still standing, so you might have a chance of winning if you withstand most of the attacks..”

“And all these Angels watching?” Tatsuya asked after noticing more than thousands of angels that were sitting in their own seats in this stadium-like place.

“They are going to be watching you.”
“So basically, they are the spectators huh…” One of the humans reacted to the elf’s answer.

“....”

“And we are the show that they are going to watch.” Raiden completed the sentence as he watched the elf stay quiet at the guesses that these humans were doing.

Since other mortals were not allowed to see the matches against two other participants, the elf escorted everyone into their own private room where they would be waiting for the following match. While some of the humans were anxious about the battle against their opponent, a few of them were actually excited.

After a short wait in the room that was selected for these humans, the elf began explaining the rest of the rules that the tournament had. And to everyone’s surprise, the rules were pretty much very easy to understand.

The sole rule was that only one group of species had to survive in order to advance in the next round. All kinds of tricks and skills were allowed for as long it would entertain most of the angels.

“Is everyone ready?” Tatsuya inquired with a positive vibe in order to make the other humans a little more confident on what was about to happen next.

“””””YES!!!!”””””

None of the students would lie to themselves if they said that they weren't afraid, but the fact that they were not alone made them feel at ease when entering the open field where they would be fighting to death.

To everyone’s surprise, this field was incredibly similar to a stadium where their ancestors used to fight to death with one another. But this place was much bigger than they have ever seen before. And from above, countless numbers of angels could be seen watching the humans enter the battlefield.

“Who had this dumb idea of making humans participate?” One angel watching from above inquired as many other angels could be seen watching in confusion.
“Seems like a sideshow for us…. Let's see how long these pests will last.”

“What are you talking about? They won’t even be able to last a second.”

Humans were considered to be one of the weakest species that had intelligence, that's why none of the angels bothered with interacting with them so far. So it was reasonable that most of the angels would either be upset or intrigued to watch all these weak humans participate in their holy show. But none would try to interfere since they already knew in their mind that these humans were going to die very easily as they are very brittle and cowardly at the same time.

However, most of the humans down there, despite the mockery done by the other angels, kept their heads high as they were waiting for their first opponent.

And it didn't take long before on the other side of the arena, another massive gate opened, making it able for some humanoid looking species that resembled humans very well. The only difference that could be noticed was how these humanoid beings had gray skins, long sharp ears, red hair, and yellow eyes. 

It was a weird combination which almost left the humans perplexed at the strange looking humanoid species that resembled an elf.

“I thought that we were going to face off some kind of monster at first. And now they hit us with this?” Raiden laughed as he looked at the female looking opponents with gray skins.

“Don’t underestimate them… They are strong.” Kogane said after analyzing all of the opponents who had bows in their hands.

“Me and Raiden will try to fight them up front. Everyone else, act as planned.” Tatsuya ordered after understanding the situation as well.

All of the humans were very prepared, and despite that there were almost countless arrows flying on them, they managed not only to survive but also to easily kill all of the elves with gray skin.

Most of the angels were confused and surprised by this outcome as they had never seen humans that were this strong. They always thought that they were weak bugs that didn't even have the chance to stand for themselves. But here it was, right in front of their eyes, several humans that they made fun of, easily managed to defeat their first opponents.

Right somewhere within a vip area of spectators was a certain angel who was smirking the whole time. The same angel that managed to grab these humans and use them in this contest. He was aware of how much humans underestimate, that's why, after he saw how much humans had improved, he decided to offer them a chance to become pawns to his plan on joining the upcoming war with demons.

“They managed to kill the Aklahura species!” One of the angels in the vip zone said out loud.

“Seems like they aren't as useless as they used to be.” Another angel beside the one responsible behind the humans, quietly said.

“Don’t get too excited.” A female angel that was quietly watching said. “They only managed to defeat some species that simply didn't have an advantage in close combat. If anything, these humans were simply lucky.”

“Hm” The same angel that had brought humans, laughed quietly while trying not to grab anyone’s attention. [ We’ll see for how long your opinion will last… After my pawns will defeat your slaves, I’ll make sure to shove it into your faces. ]

* * *

Somewhere, not far from the contest held by angels, stood several angels and demons who were trying to conceal their auras.

“There are way too many angels in here and we won’t be able to do anything if we are found, that's why for now, you should try and conceal your auras and hide your features as demons all the time!” Sofiel said to the whole group who was listening closely.

“It's unfortunate that I won’t be able to be by master 's side this time. But I’ll cooperate for now.” The demon with dark hair and dark clothes responded in a disappointed tone to Sofiel.

“Thank you.” Sofiel thanked the demons for listening to her requests. “What we’re doing here might cost our lives if we are not careful, that's why we should separate into different groups as we discussed our plan before.”

“But won't all of the mortals be in the contest? How are we going to free them? The only way I can think of is by attacking the whole place!” One of the angels asked as he still wasn't unsure of how they were supposed to accomplish their goal.

“That's where me and our lord comes in.” Sofiel confidently smiled as she immediately responded. “We’ll also join the contest. After all, our lord is a human.”

.

.

.

.

.

:)

<━━━━━━━━<>━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

Up to 20 chapters ahead are available on Patreon !

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

   | Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit |

10