The army of superior beings! – Chapter 239
325 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere open in the fourth district, many angels could be seen formed in a line of soldiers while some could be seen practicing their own skills and weapons.

But further away from there, above the sky, could be seen a humanoid figure with long brown hair and green eyes observing all of the angels.

“What do you think of them my lord?” A certain female angel with armor on her body asked the humanoid figure on her side.

“....”

“They are quite capable, I have to say that.” A certain demon with dark robes and dark hair commented while floating beside Hatsuko as well, waiting for an answer from him.

“Many of them have been wasting their time trying to steal each other’s cultivation.” Hatsuko finally responded after continuing to observe them all. “But I believe that they will be able to help us out in the war that is soon going to occur.”

“Indeed.” The dark haired demon closed his eyes in agreement. “The strongest angel in heaven is nothing to joke about, that's why going unprepared is something we should avoid.”

“Have you ever met this particular angel?” Hatsuko inquired.

“Hm?” The dark-haired demon tilted his head. “Why do you say so?”

“....It's nothing. Forget about it.” Hatsuko brushed off Lucy’s question, continuing to observe the warriors underneath him.

While the three were continuing to observe the angels sparring with one another, Hatsuko and the ones beside him noticed some particular angels coming towards them with determination on their faces.

“My lord.” The angels bowed down to Hatsuko. “Please, grant us the permission to test our worthiness for the commander position and right hand..”

“....” Hatsuko thought for a moment before looking to his side, noticing a smiling demon that was a bit excited to receive a challenge for his spot.

“Oh my. You think you are worthy of being my master’s right hand?” The demon inquired while looking at the angles below him. 

Lucy looked back at his master before getting a nod of confirmation.

“Very well, I shall entertain you.”

Once permission was granted for all of the sides, both Lucy and Sofiel were challenged for their own positions they held beside Hatsuko all of the time.

They valued their position as his right and left hand, that is why they weren't going to hold back at all when being tested about it.

Hatsuko was calmly looking from above the whole situation as the dark-haired demon was about to fight his first challenger who had prepared a holy sword that had been created throughout his cultivation.

“You may begin whenever you’re ready.” One of the angels, who seemed to be the judge, spoke to both of the opponents.

And after seeing that no one was moving yet, the angel took this chance to make its first move by using its incredible speed to his advantage.

However, the dark-haired demon was still able to easily dodge every slash and thrust that the angel was trying to land on him. 

Seeing how Lucy wasn't making a sweat while dodging his attacks, the angel became a bit annoyed by this kind of thing, that is why he stopped and glared at the demon.

“Why aren’t you fighting back?” The angel inquired.

“Why should I? It's you who is being tested, not me.” The demon bluntly responded to the angel.

“That doesn't change anything! You’re also being tested for the position so if you want to take this seriously, go all out.” The angel continued trying to convince him. “I heard that all demons have their own spiritual swords that resemble their true nature. Why don’t you use that instead? Or are you actually scared?”

But whatever this angel was trying to accomplish, he was successful as the aura around the demon completely changed into an intense dark one that showed dominance over the weak ones.

“Very well…. Just make sure not to regret this later.” Lucy said with a stern look on his face before his whole body was releasing a dark mist which slowly made it able for him to form a dark sword that continuously released a tense aura.

The angel, however, looked perplexed for a bit as he immediately understood the kind of sword he was holding.

[ An aura-sucking element?! ] The angel asked himself in shock, his body slightly trembling at the sight of the sword that his opponent was holding.

But as the dark-haired demon was about to make his first swing with the dark sword, his opponent looked alarmed before bowing down.

“I give up!! It's your win.” The angel shouted.

“....”

Many of the other angels were looking in shock as well as this angel gave up at the sight of this sword.

“...”

“That's a shame. I was really looking forward to using this.” The dark-haired demon said in a disappointed tone.

Once the battle between the commander spot was over, the dark-haired demon went right back to Hatsuko’s side who was watching the whole time.

“What was that sword?” Hatsuko inquired.

“That was merely a sword that I’ve created many years ago. It's nothing compared to master, that's why I thought it was not necessary to show that to you.” The dark-haired demon responded before looking at where Sofiel was fighting.

On the ground, Sofiel was waiting for her first opponent to begin the match. Her face showed determination, and she understood that even though her position could be in danger, she had to show to everyone the capabilities that she held as Seikatsu’s left hand.

“Who do you think will win?” Hatsuko suddenly asked the demon beside him who was also interested in the fight that was about to begin.

“Actually, I'm interested to know the results as well. But from what I can see, Sofiel is more capable in spiritual short ranged skills, that's why she may be at disadvantage against her opponent.” The dark haired demon gave a brief explanation.

And once the call was made, both Sofiel and her opponent took their own battle positions. 

Since her opponent was an all-rounder of the battle styles, Sofiel had to play defensively no matter the results.

Or that's what everyone was thinking at those moments before Sofeil created a barrier around her opponents and prevented him from making another move.

This not only surprised everyone but also the dark-haired demon as well who didn't seem to expect that as well. 

“She isn't your left hand for nothing after all.” The dark-haired demon smiled.

The sparring ended up with Sofiel winning automatically since her opponent was unable to move out of his barrier. A kind of win that was unexpected, but also irritating to a few angels who never got the chance to even fight her.

But sooner or later, they all understood why Sofiel and Lucy were the ones who stood by Hatsuko’s side most of the time.

Later, everyone gave Hatsuko a gift that they all appeared to be trying to offer.

Hatsuko was left a bit surprised at this sort of ritual-like gift, but once he understood the kind of gift he was going to receive, his eyes widened for a slight moment in surprise.

What the followers of this district had gifted was actually a massive green crystal that almost reached the size of a truck.

Hatsuko, seeing this opportunity, accepted the angel's gift and used it as a barrier around the whole planet of his own world which would protect it not only from other angels but also from any sort of danger that would threaten them.

.

..

However, At the entrance of the fourth district, many demon-like beings could be seen entering with weapons and their own unique skills that darkened the whole sky. And as the whole sky was painted by the number of demons that were emerging from the sky, a certain demon was visible that showed no fear or whatsoever to the residents of this district.

“Begin as planned.” The demon king ordered with a cold tone in his voice. “Destroy everything in your sight.”

.

.

.

.

 

<━━━━━━━━<>━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my works for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

The rest of the chapters can be found on Patreon !

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

   | Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit |

10