Let the extermination begin! – Chapter 246
269 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A loud, crackling, thundering noise was heard in the second district as one massive dark hole was emerging from the empty sky. Despite not causing any natural disasters upon forming close to the dimension, the wormhole continued growing bigger until it finally reached the size of a planet.

Many of the angels and demons were looking at this unbelievable sight with anticipation while glancing back and forth to the lines of warriors that were ready to fight what was about to come out of there.

“Prepare your holy weapons!!!!!” Sofiel ordered from afar, giving hints of anxiety despite showing a stern look on her face. She was a leader, and she knew that she had to act tough in front of her underlings.

If she revealed how nervous she actually was, the rest of her underlings would feel the same way. That is why she tried giving courage to the weaker angels that were clenching their weapons.

Everyone, however, didn't wait long before noticing a humanoid being with transparent wings come through. This being held pure white clothes and massive wings which were slightly visible, despite being transparent. His hair was completely blonde and it almost reached all the way down to his waist.

All of the angels froze in terror for a moment when they saw the overwhelming aura that this sole angel was bringing just from revealing itself. Many were already planning on running away, but seeing the confident and proud look on their commanders, made them feel more confident in themselves.

The angel which was shown to be calm the whole time took a quick glance at everything that was under his feet while keeping both of his hands behind his back. He didn't say or do anything until he finally closed his eyes, only to reveal a massive sword the size of a mountain floating in the sky.

“Prepare the defenses!!!” One of the angels who had seen this coming from miles away ordered the rest of the angels. And as per his command, all of the angels that were staying in the back, rose their hands in the air, creating a barrier fused with all of their strength.

But once seeing the massive golden sword falling to the ground, they all embraced themselves for what was about to come. Many of the angels knew that their barrier wasn't going to be enough, but they had to stay behind and give everything so no more casualties would occur.

“It's coming!!”

“Embrace yourselves!!”

But once the swords reached the surface of the barrier, a visible crack was noticed as the mountain-shaped sword had no stop.

“It won't hold on for too long!!”

“It's coming through!!!”

Some of the angels informed as they used a lot of their spiritual energy just to keep the barrier standing.

However, their efforts were useless as in the next moment, the mountain-sized sword burst through the barrier and fell down to the ground at a constant speed.

“Fly away!!!!”

“Don’t stay near it!!!”

“RUNNN!”

And in the next second, thousands of angels and demons were crushed at the size of the tip which was thrust into the ground.

Sofiel and many more of her allies looked in terror as many of their underlings and generals were killed in an instant without even being able to get a chance to fight back.

She knew the danger that this angel was possessing, but actually being able to crush this many holy and demonic opponents in an instant? That was just absurd and terrifying just to think of.

Sofiel glanced at the floating angel above her, noticing how that absurd being seemed very bored at this kind of sight.

[ He doesn't even consider us a fight…. ] Sofiel glared in fear at the comparison of this powerful angel above her.

Realizing everyone's reactions to this kind of situation, Lucy grabbed Sofiel attention for the last time.

"I am going to do something about this." The dark-haired demon spoke, making Sofiel look in confusion.

"What are yo–"

"In the meantime, try to withstand yourself until this angel is defeated." Lucy said before taking off from there, revealing his massive dark wings which released his dark, and powerful aura as a demon.

Not understanding what Lucy was trying to accomplish, Sofiel snapped back from her anxious moments before going back to her stern look.

"...."

* * *

The calm angel floating in the sky immediately recognized the demon coming toward him. But despite the terrifying demonic aura it was released, the angel simply smirked.

"Long time no see..... Lucifer." The angel spoke once the demon flew closer to him where they could communicate with one another. 

"....."

"You haven't changed at all since the last time we fought." The angel looked with his sharp eyes at the demon in front of him that carried no threat at all. "It's truly disappointing...."

"I can say the same to you as well. Zarxiel. You still look like the pathetic angel, just like back in the good old times." The dark-haired demon responded back with the same kind of smirk on his face.

"But too bad that we won't be able to talk about our conflicts in the past." The angel stated, lowering his eyes in disappointment.

"That is indeed true." The dark-haired demon did the same before gathering all of his energy in one place. "Because im ending this right now!"

What happened in the next second, was another massive wormhole that sucked inside both the dark-haired and Zarxiel who was caught off guard for the moment, but allowed himself to get pulled away just for the sake of entertainment.

Where these two beings found themselves, was inside a massive space in time that had no bounds in every direction.

"What was the point of bringing us back here once again?" Zarxiel inquired. "Do you really think you can stop me by simply bringing us back here? At the same place, we once fought?"

"No... I simply hold no more power to stop you from your weird taste of destruction." The dark-haired demon smiled maliciously.

"I see..." Zarxiel came to a realization. "So you brought me here, just to keep me away from the heavenly districts. But too bad, many of my underlings are already on their way to take over and destroy everything in their sight. That's why your punny tries are pointless."

The dark-haired demon, however, didn't seem to be reacting to anything that Zarxiel was saying.

"I’m glad that you think that way…. But did you put into consideration that this time I don't plan on taking you head-on? After all, the way I see life has truly changed." Lucifer stated.

“So you’re saying that the once known prince of hell is saying that has changed?” Zarxiel remarked.

“.....”

“Don’t make me laugh. You haven't changed since the beginning of time. You lost your chance to grow stronger once you thought it was a good idea to act on your own. Now, look at you. You’ve become a filthy demon, cast away from your lord.”

Lucifer, however, smirked at the stuff that the angel was saying.

“What's so funny?”

“You really think my rebellion was the reason our lord made me a demon?” Lucifer looked at the confused angel.  

The smile on Zarxiel’s face slowly changed into a serious one as he was listening to what this demon had to say.

* * *

At the beginning of all time, there was only darkness and nothing else that gave meaning to something. 

Then, out of nowhere, a tremendous energy blasted through the entire universe, illuminating everything and igniting quadrillions of particles, which then exploded and spread out at the speed of light. And over millions of years, countless galaxies with millions of planets emerged, enabling the creation of life in a select number of them..

However, as life continued to advance, a unique dimension was also created with the help of a particular being, who was later known as the god of creation.

When this god realized how lonely he was living in an empty dimension, he created millions of inhabitants, who later came to be known as angels.. 

This god didn't want to make these angels that different from himself, that's why he based them on his humanoid-looking body. But these angels weren't simply there for the beauty that this dimension had to provide, that's why god asked angels to protect this place from any entity that would try and destroy the realm. 

The god of creation thought that this still wasn't enough, that's why he came up with a system that would bring balance between death and life over the mortals.

Upon the death of a living being, their souls would get detached from their physical body and an angel would come for them on the way to heaven where their souls would rest.

However, this kind of system didn't last long before a certain angel among the strongest warriors decided to start a rebellion against the god of creation together with a dozen of other angels that looked up to him. And the name of that angel was none of than Lucifer.

God of creation didn't like killing off his creations, that is why he banished Lucifer from heaven and gave him a dimension of his own where he would be able to punish all of the evil souls that didn't deserve peace from the evil deeds they had done during their life.

Seeing the kindness that god was giving everyone, Zarxiel, one of the strongest angels, didn't like how he wasn't getting any special treatment despite being one of the most powerful and helpful angels of all. That's why, after great consideration, Zarxiel gathered a great number of followers and decided to backstab the god of creation.

Zarxiel knew that the god of creation was unable to hurt any of his children, that's how he got this chance to kill god with his sword which was known for erasing anything out of existence.

Or that's what other angels knew….

Hidden somewhere in an empty space that Zarxiel had created, he had trapped the god of creation in a massive life crystal that was almost as big as millions of planets altogether combined.

And while using the god’s crown, Zarxiel managed to slowly suck away the power which was being contained inside the massive crystal. 

However, god’s powers were almost infinite that's why Zarxiel continued sucking its power for millions of cycles without anyone knowing.

Or that's what he was hopping before he recognized Lucifer, the king of hell coming back to heaven together with many other angels by his side to take him down and free god from the prison that Zarxiel had built up.

Surprised by this abrupt turn of events, Zarxiel fought Lucifer for many more cycles until he eventually attained a new form. 

Thanks to constantly having god’s power drained, Zarxiel defeated Lucifer and erased all angels’ memories in order to keep them away from rebelling. But not having memories wasn't enough for his plan to succeed in becoming an absolute ruler, that is why he created certain points in districts in order to make angels and demons fight with one another.

That way, he will be able to get rid of the lower parts of heaven and hell but also weaken all of the beings so no one else would be able to defy him.

* * *

“No matter the reason for your rebellion, this ends now.” Zarxiel said before lifting his hand up and creating a spherical barrier above his head.

None of the higher beings made a move yet as all of their past flashed in an instant in front of their eyes. They knew each other very well, that is why both of them wanted this to end by defeating one another.

One wanted absolute power, and the other one wanted to bring balance over the dimension that was created by god.

Then, as the circular barrier began to sway, spear-like missiles were fired at the dark-haired demon, who swiftly pulled out his unique sword and launched a counterattack against each one..

“This is pointless. Just give up already.” Zarxiel looked at the dark-haired demon with boredom. “Your spiritual powers as a demon are nowhere near enough to even reach me.”

However, whatever this angel was saying, it didn't seem to be bothering the demon.

With a grim expression on his face that demonstrated how willing he was to beat this angel even if it meant sacrificing his life, Lucifer continued to advance toward the angel while evading and destroying any particles that may instantaneously kill him..

Seeing the will that this demon had, Zarxiel smirked for a bit before also creating a golden sword in his hand and clashing it with the demon who quickly managed to reach him.

“Just like in the old days, hm?” Zarxiel said.

Lucifer smiled back. “.....”

Both the two separated from one another before continuing to clash with their powerful swords in different areas that were thousands of kilometers away from one another. Each of their blow managed to cause shockwaves in a distance, but since this dimension was mostly empty, no damage was made.

Zarxiel continued fighting the demon with matched power until he easily managed to cut off the arm that was holding the sword.

“My sword can permanently cut your very own soul, making it unable for your body to regenerate,” Zarxiel explained. “But it was fun playing with you one last time.”

Lucifer looked up with his beaten body to the sword that was in his head before smiling. “Indeed, it was fun going all out.”

“Do you have any last thing to say before you die?” Zarxiel inquired.

“Yes.” Lucifer confidently said at the angel. “Is that you have already lost.”

Not understanding what this demon was talking about, Zarxiel looked down at Lucifer before cutting off his head with ease.

“Is that so?....”

Seeing how Zarxiel had easily won the battle while also ignoring the defeated demon, he looked around only to see a human with long hair and green glowing eyes staring with his intimidating and furious eyes.

.

.

.

 

<━━━━━━━━<>━━━━━━━━>

Also a special thanks to all of the Patreons who have been supporting my work for the last few months. It really helps me a lot!

The rest of the chapters can be found on Patreon !

Also, don't forget to bookmark and favorite the chapter if you enjoyed it. ㋡

<━━━━━━━━━━━━━>

   | Instagram   /   Twitter   /   Discord    /   Reddit |

6